Does anyone had RIM CEO's email address? I would love to send him a quick email telling him how disappointed I am with RIMs product. I had a chance I play with the new Iphone 4 and a few Android devices, I can now safely say that RIM will end up like Palm is they don't start to pay attention to its customer. I really like my BB 9700, but anything BB has to offer has already been done and improved upon, by competitors. I had high hopes for the BB OS 6, but with few if any solid information on it, I can only think hey will never release it.

End of rant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 06:44 PM
    Yes, I have both and have had conversations with each. While Mike and Jim both take product seriously, might I suggest to just post your opinion here (which you have done).

People from RIm do troll these boards. Both know what the competition is out there. Let's face it, no one can do email as good as RIM. You want pretty buy an iPhone. You want functionality and business messaging buy a BB.

I do agree that RIM needs to improve design and revamp the OS experience. I can assure you these are top of the development list and they are already aware of your frustrations.

Cheers
    06-30-10 06:54 PM
    Yes, I have both and have had conversations with each. While Mike and Jim both take product seriously, might I suggest to just post your opinion here (which you have done).

People from RIm do troll these boards. Both know what the competition is out there. Let's face it, no one can do email as good as RIM. You want pretty buy an iPhone. You want functionality and business messaging buy a BB.

I do agree that RIM needs to improve design and revamp the OS experience. I can assure you these are top of the development list and they are already aware of your frustrations.

Cheers
    Wow that was nice. Thanks for not ranting back at him.
    06-30-10 07:20 PM
    You want pretty buy an iPhone. You want functionality and business messaging buy a BB.
    I call bull on that stereotype.

Name one way an iphone is all pretty an no function. It can do the same things a BB can do, minus a keyboard which is preference and BBM which is a proprietary messaging system.

BB fans need to face the music that other devices have caught up and do the same things these days plus some.
    06-30-10 07:35 PM
    If you really want to make an impact, send them a hard copy letter via courier, addressed to them personally. I did that about my terrible experience with the Storm 1. It took about 3 weeks for them to reply, which was pretty sad, and of course it wasn't them personally. But someone from RIM did telephone me in response.

- R.
    06-30-10 07:41 PM
    Yeah, I don't get the "Pretty, Toy" comments. It's like a BB is the only serious phone out there and anything else is for kids, teeny boopers, and movies.

In the last week or so I have done research on all of the "Big 3", and find that the other 2 have some useful Apps and some, dare I say it, "Fun" Apps too. For example, droids and the iphone will soon get a Netflix App that let's you watch your Instant Que over Wifi or 3G. Pretty cool. I know it's not "Needed" to "run a Business", but neither is the new Pinball app or brickbreaker on the BB.

I am going to wait alittle longer to see what the 9800 and OS6 does but every day that I don't hear any news about either, I look more into the other 2 phone options available.

Just my $0.02.

06-30-10 07:47 PM
    Yeah, I don't get the "Pretty, Toy" comments. It's like a BB is the only serious phone out there and anything else is for kids, teeny boopers, and movies.
    Everyone registered to this forum is a CEO. You didn't know this?
    06-30-10 08:06 PM
    It's not RIM's nor the Phones fault your not happy.... Your just holding it wrong LOL .

Seriously I'm sure they have some type of consumer opinion and advise thing.... But I'm pretty sure they already know this.

Does anyone had RIM CEO's email address? I would love to send him a quick email telling him how disappointed I am with RIMs product. I had a chance I play with the new Iphone 4 and a few Android devices, I can now safely say that RIM will end up like Palm is they don't start to pay attention to its customer. I really like my BB 9700, but anything BB has to offer has already been done and improved upon, by competitors. I had high hopes for the BB OS 6, but with few if any solid information on it, I can only think hey will never release it.

End of rant.

06-30-10 08:07 PM
    I really like my BB 9700, but anything BB has to offer has already been done and improved upon, by competitors.
    Really?
    Because your NAND flash speeds are about 4x what some other phones have to offer.
    Push e-mail was improved? When?
    So you're mad that Docs2Go is better than Windows Mobile Office?

Oh no... wait... you must mean games... got me there. Perhaps this isn't the phone for you.
    06-30-10 08:12 PM
    Why are games always mentioned? So someone thinks a different OS is better as a whole, and in their opinion thinks the same features BB offers are better on this OS, they are automatically talking about games and wanting a toy?
    06-30-10 08:17 PM
    You should email any CEO you feel the need to hold accountable. I question your intelligence if you come here for that address. I'm a researcher though so maybe my expectation is above whatever it would be to not be able to locate an email for a CEO. I'm glad to see the usual trolls found this topic so quick. Very impressive indeed.
    06-30-10 08:22 PM
    I like the internet better on ipod, but overall I prefer bb now that I have one. But I have computer with internet so is not a big problem that internet is harder to use on bb than iphone. I only ever use internet on ipod at school really, and mostly for facebook which I have on bb anyway.

ipod is not just for games, it's good for lots of things. I never play games on ipod so that wasn't what I care about... it was about music and facebook mostly. I like bb better because I can make it look how I want and other things, but I dont care if it's more professional or something.
    06-30-10 08:26 PM
    Why are games always mentioned? So someone thinks a different OS is better as a whole, and in their opinion thinks the same features BB offers are better on this OS, they are automatically talking about games and wanting a toy?
    Because games, and Internet surfing are truly the only thing that is done MUCH better by the other 2 platforms, Doc2Go sucks on the other platforms compared to the Blackberry, I really wish it didn't as I spent the money to use D2G for an Apple device in hopes.

For email reading to get the information the LACK of HTML is actually a benefit, I don't have to deal with all the stupid colours people want to use, I just want the text, I don't want to see the images, if I do, I can download them.

Text input, well that seems to be a preference thing, the BB can't be beat, autotext is great, the keyboard is great, the font choice/size is great.
    06-30-10 08:29 PM
    Because games, and Internet surfing are truly the only thing that is done MUCH better by the other 2 platforms, Doc2Go sucks on the other platforms compared to the Blackberry, I really wish it didn't as I spent the money to use D2G for an Apple device in hopes.
    Hmm lets see. I find notification on Android done much better. The notification bar is great. It has everything I need and my updates right in there. Apps are also handled better. I do not need to restart every time I uninstall an app. I can also drag an app onto my app draw and uninstall the application from there.

Messaging with handcent is great. I have popups for my messages. I do not need to enter the app (same can be done on a BB with apps so the only difference is the physical keyboard and that is a matter of preference. Popups for iPhone as well but horrible notifications). All also have threaded text.

For email reading to get the information the LACK of HTML is actually a benefit, I don't have to deal with all the stupid colours people want to use, I just want the text, I don't want to see the images, if I do, I can download them.
    Images don't always show up on Android as well. You have to chose to load most if you want to see them. And on Android, you actually get to see them. BBs have HORRIBLE html email support, and emails get truncated. Also, once again it is a matter of preference on how the email gets typed out. Some like physical, some like virtual.

Text input, well that seems to be a preference thing, the BB can't be beat, autotext is great, the keyboard is great, the font choice/size is great.
    Again, all a matter of personal preference. There are font packs for Android as well.

What else is done better? Well, for one, widgets, something BB users do not have. If you use facebook and twitter, updates can be shown right on your homescreen. RSS feeds can be shown right on the homescreen as well as up to date sport scores. Weather forecasts can be shown right on the homescreen. BB users like things done fast. Not having to open an app is fast. Google navigation is also better.

And then there is rooting. Actually being able to make your phone EXACTLY how you want it. Without having to be locked down to whats given to you. Porting over features from other devices that yours might lack. Not having to worry about being told your device will not be compatible for the next OS update because a developer will port it. Optimizing your hardware performance to how you use your device.

This whole argument is just stupid. Android and iPhone are not just toys to play games on. People can get work done on these devices too. BlackBerrys are NOT the only serious devices out there.

Also, my opinion of better is different than your opinion of better. So when the OP said the competitors do it better, maybe he just likes the way things are done more on other devices.
    07-01-10 12:55 AM
    So what I know is this. I phone is not offered on Verizon. Verizon is the only game in town where I live and play. I too played with the droid phone no comparison when it comes to a small business owner; bb is the only way!

07-01-10 01:08 AM
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder. people have different preferences as stated above.

ive played with iphone and i couldnt get used to the one main button thing. i swapped with my cousins droid for the weekend and it just wasnt for me i got lost finding programs often.

its all about preferences
    07-01-10 02:59 AM
    Well, BB has webkit engine coming and it is starting to sound like S3 will actually be running the QNX Unix based kernel that RIM acquired in April. That also is probably the future of the BB OS.

So just like Apple and Android are improving thru enterprise offering, RIM is clearly making moves to acquire the talent and intellectual property to improve their overall system.

Going to be an intresting second half of 2010 and first part of 2011. Get out the pocorn and hold onto your contract renewals.

07-01-10 07:04 AM
    God, does every thread have to become a "2 yr old" playground battle these days.

What a bunch of kids.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-01-10 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Profanity
    07-01-10 07:06 AM
    I come in peace.

From my heart to yours -- if you will get tired of your BlackBerry, or are thinking of jumping ship, I'll be more than happy to take good care of your BlackBerry.

I promise I will take really good care of the device. Any make and model will do
    07-01-10 09:14 AM

This whole argument is just stupid. Android and iPhone are not just toys to play games on. People can get work done on these devices too. BlackBerrys are NOT the only serious devices out there.

Also, my opinion of better is different than your opinion of better. So when the OP said the competitors do it better, maybe he just likes the way things are done more on other devices.

I didn't Say that they were just toy's actually I don't think I have ever said it, BUT for Joe Public the option for games and media is what is the major draw to those full screen phones over the keyboard based phone, a Joe Public user that is looking for a communication device will pick a BB, those that want an entertainment device will pick a iBrick, or Android.

I agree Better is a subjective term. I was ignoring the OP and replying purely to the question as to why games always come up when talking about the iBrick and Android, which I feel I stated.
    07-01-10 09:30 AM
    Yes bb is great for business, but not everyone is a business person. If bb is trying to tap into the general consumer base, then the discussions of docs2go and email security is pretty much irrelevant. There are more general consumers who want the cool apps, the games and all the fun stuff and those email and all business stuff rarely come to mind if at all for that matter. U want to take a better grip on the market u need those things that will attract the customer. I love my bb but I have an itouch because the games are better and I would love to see anyone who's a strict bb groupie really try and argue that. People complain about these things here not to insult blackberry, but voice their opinions in hopes of getting a device that really combines things that they love and like I said, I can almost guarantee that docs2rgo isn't at the top of the list. If u could throw a keyboard on an iphone and run bbm off it somehow that would be great because what's app is horrible I would switch. In terms of the general customer these kinda arguments are valid so **** off and understand it, don't get all bent up about it because its not like YOU are being insulted personally.

07-01-10 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD