Microsoft kills KIN just weeks after launch | ZDNet

I don't even remember seeing them at my local Verizon stores. Probably hidden in the back or something.
    06-30-10 05:02 PM
    Coulda seen this one coming. I attended a training session with a Microsoft rep and after she left we all wondered how the **** we would sell any. We've had the same two Kin 2's since launch, only one person has even asked about the phone.
    06-30-10 05:54 PM
    Watching the commercial, it seems like kind of a cool concept. But then you look at the details of the phone and plan and it looks way less attractive.

Smart phone plan without all the smart phone ability is a real deal killer.
    06-30-10 05:59 PM
    Good. I feel bad for anybody who bought such ugly devices.
    06-30-10 05:59 PM
    Good. I feel bad for anybody who bought such ugly devices.
    Hahahaha well said.
    06-30-10 06:15 PM
    I thought they looked like phones that you would buy from the Virgin display at Best Buy or somekind of pay to go phone. LOL.
    07-01-10 07:46 AM
    It looks to me like those cheap copies of a PDA that they would sell in one of those bargain shops. You know the sort of thing that your grandmother would buy you for your 12th birthday, thinking that she was buying you a complicated calculator for school? it would work for about an hour, then the screen would fall off. Happy days!
    07-02-10 01:33 AM
    Idk what Microsoft was thinking. From the first time I saw it, I thought it was horrible and wouldn't sell...
    07-10-10 03:56 PM
    I thought it was cute...... I guess that didn't help it when it came to the sale.... Poor thing, wish it well. Amen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-16-10 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD