Bold 9700/Bold 9650/Tour 9630/Curve 8900/Curve 8500

Current version: v1.4 - Sunday, July 11/2010
    Price: $3.99
    Recognition: Featured on the CrackBerry Theme Roundup for July 12/2010! Thanks for everyone who recommended this theme, you guys are the best!

CrackBerry is giving away 50 free copies of the theme away, so if you're able to wait until they announce the winners, which could possibly be you, then head on over to this link here and leave a comment. Contest ends this Sunday, July 18 at Midnight PST. Please only leave one comment, multiple entries wont count. Thanks goes out to everyone for your ongoing support, feedback, and compliments, I wouldn't have the motivation to do what I do without you!

Overview

As a proud Nexus One owner, I felt inclined to have that same look and feel on my BlackBerry, and what better time than now to celebrate the official release of Android 2.2 codename Froyo (Frozen Yogurt)?!

From the creator who brought you the widely popular ONYXia series, XM-BB, and Series 7 themes, I present to you my most ambitious and technically advanced theme yet: Frozen Yogurt!

YouTube Demo Video - Click . Please note that the video capturing software slows my poor laptop down immensely, affecting the speed at which the simulator operates. The theme will no doubt run at a MUCH smoother pace on your actual phone, this video is for demonstration purposes only. When in doubt, don't take my word for it; read the many comments about how fast this theme runs on the actual phone =)

Features

- Over 1400 lines of fully optimized, custom-coded SVG
    - Rich, fully-skinned interface supports a full departure from the rather boring BlackBerry look and feel
    - 5 scrollable homescreens with panoramic wallpapers (very wide wallpapers that slide left and right as you navigate left and right through the multiple screens)
    - Google Search widget (launches the Google website, will implement a fully-working integrated search bar in upcoming versions)
    - Power Control widget contains 6 most used daily functions
    - 6-icon user-defined bottom dock + Froyo-styled 2-icon launcher dock which is also user-definable
    - IN-THEME Wallpaper Changer. Ability to change the panoramic wallpaper, or use your own wallpaper (see screenshots)
    - IN-THEME Settings Screen. Ability to toggle widgets and Today screen background on or off (see screenshots)
    - Dedicated Today screen for SMS, Messages, and Calendar with room for up to 10 entries
    - Spacebar launches QuickLaunch (sold separately)
    - Dollar sign ($) launches SMS
    - User-defined font size (except Dialog Boxes and Menu Pop-Ups
    - Lightning-quick performance. Those who are coming from my previous work know what to expect when I say this

Notes

- To access the Settings screen, activate the Applications icon in the middle of the bottom-most dock (aka the Froyo launcher dock). To exit from this screen, make sure to follow the instructions at the top of the Settings screen

- First 6 applications are for the main dock, app slot #7 corresponds to the left app on the Froyo dock, app slot #8 corresponds to the right app on the Froyo dock, and you must place my included Web Link: Google in app slot #9

- Please do not place SMS, Messages, or Calendar in any of the main docks, there already exists a dedicated Today screen for these particular apps. The only exception is if you're running OS 4.7 or an older revision of OS 5.0 where your SMS doesn't count as a Today item, then you can place it in the main dock if you'd like.

- Before I get a bunch of "reports", let me explain to you that hiding the Google Search and Power Control widgets from the Settings screen will in fact make them invisible, but will still allow you to access them if you scroll to where they should be. This is NOT a glitch, it is 100% intended. The reasoning for this is so that these important functions can still be accessed if needed, while being able to enjoy a full view of your wallpaper

- the Lock application does not exist in the newest revisions of OS 5, so it will have no function in the Power Control widget for those who are running it. On the other hand, those with OS 4.7 or even earlier revisions of OS 5 will benefit from the Lock button in the Power Control widget

- As always, perform a battery pull of at least 30 seconds after successfully installing the theme to ensure maximum performance

Purchase

If you bundle your purchase of Frozen Yogurt with my other popular theme Series 7, you will receive Series 7 for only an additional $0.50 for a total of $4.49 for both themes!

Click HERE to purchase Frozen Yogurt individually or with Series 7 (check under the headline “Better Together”)

Thanks

As always, thanks for taking the time to view, and I hope you can consider purchasing this high-quality theme. Support is always in this thread if you need it, I am at your service =)

- Vince

Change Log

v1.4 - Sunday, July 11/2010
    - Made more room for notifications on the homescreen

v1.3 - Saturday, July 10/2010
    - Added application names under the icons on the homescreen. I was gonna save this for the v2.0 update, but I thought I would treat you guys to it now, enjoy!

v1.2 - Thursday, July 8/2010 *IMPORTANT UPDATE*
    - fixed MAJOR bug that caused Clock, Calendar, etc to freeze up when trying to change alarm or date/time. There was a problem with the sizes of some of my PNG files, it's fixed now =D

v1.1 - Tuesday, July 6/2010
    - made folder icons more exciting

Before

After
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 07-14-10 at 12:45 PM.
    06-30-10 04:24 PM
    Just posted an updated screenshot in the first post.
    07-02-10 04:45 AM
    Another progress report update in the first post!
    07-03-10 09:12 AM
    Last progress update for today, it's a good one! Check first post as usual.
    07-03-10 02:39 PM
    Great work Vince!! Very cool! Love it!
    07-04-10 07:29 AM
    Thanks Pat!
    07-04-10 05:18 PM
    I think that it looks great! Excited to see it in action. :-) If you accidentally send me a copy to test I wouldn't mind.
    07-04-10 06:46 PM
    Thanks! It's just that I don't tend to make too many accidents, especially when it comes to themes
    07-04-10 07:17 PM
    Thanks! It's just that I don't tend to make too many accidents, especially when it comes to themes
    HAHA. Well I understand. I guess I will just wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 07:19 PM
    Couple more days
    07-04-10 07:24 PM
    Final progress report before the official release can be found in the first page, thanks!
    07-05-10 06:08 AM
    Please, please, please make a video of the theme before you release it. Seeing it in action is a lot better than screenshots. I know you have done videos in the past and it really helps evaluate the themes quality.

Thanks buddy.

07-05-10 09:45 AM
    Please, please, please make a video of the theme before you release it. Seeing it in action is a lot better than screenshots. I know you have done videos in the past and it really helps evaluate the themes quality.

Thanks buddy.

Will do =)
    07-05-10 11:12 AM
    It's here
    07-05-10 02:50 PM
    Can't wait for the Demo. It really does look nice. I am a sucker for the android icons.

07-05-10 03:47 PM
    Can't wait for the Demo. It really does look nice. I am a sucker for the android icons.

Yeah I'm having a problem with Theme Builder detecting simulators, was looking forward to make a Fraps demo of the theme... I might have to resort to a blurry, dark demo like my previous themes =(
    07-05-10 06:51 PM
    Video demo added for those on the fence about purchasing.
    07-06-10 01:29 AM
    just bought and installed this on my 9630, it looks nice, but i dont understand the panoramic wallpaper homescreen choser. i get the whole idea of the multiple homescreens, and i like it, but whats the point of the 2 homescreens that have nothing on them? and why do i have to scroll thru every wallpaper selection before i can get to the left most homescreen? just seems sort of pointless..couldnt u have put this in a settings screen like the one u have assinged to the faux android launcher?
    07-06-10 01:45 AM
    Thanks for your purchase DarshOne! The blank homescreens serve no purpose other than visual appeal, to showcase that the theme is indeed multi-homescreen and panoramic. It's mainly a way to show off some coding expertise, sorry if it doesn't appeal to you =(
    07-06-10 01:53 AM
    Frozen Yogurt has been updated to v1.1, check Change Log at the bottom of the first post for details, thanks =)
    07-06-10 02:46 AM
    There is a bug in this theme that freezes the Clock app whenever you try to set an alarm. I have tried to fix it but can't find the source of this bug, so I would like to make this known to you before you purchase the theme. What many have suggested is to switch themes to set your alarm. Because that's a bit inconvenient, I want to compensate everyone who purchases this theme with 1 free panoramic alteration. That means if you have your own wallpaper you want to have as an option to use as a panoramic within the theme, I am willing to do one per customer if you so choose. It's really the least I can do for the inconvenience. To claim this, either PM me on CrackBerry or Email: veeteepee at gmail dot com, and include a LINK, NOT AN ATTACHMENT to the photo of your choice, and also tell me which one of the default 10 panoramic wallpapers you want to replace. Then on my end, I will get it replaced for, I may not be able to do it instantly, but it shouldn't be more than a day or two wait AT MOST for me to get back to you. Thanks for your understanding, and I sincerely apologize again for the bug.
    07-06-10 01:05 PM
    Thanks for your purchase DarshOne! The blank homescreens serve no purpose other than visual appeal, to showcase that the theme is indeed multi-homescreen and panoramic. It's mainly a way to show off some coding expertise, sorry if it doesn't appeal to you =(
    your welcome, and thank you for developing, i apologize if my tone was rude, i have no idea what it takes to make this stuff, and clearly a lot of work has gone into this theme, and i do thank you for catering to the android style seeking crowd. however i am having problems with the theme on my 9630...

i understand that the left and right most screens are for show only, and i get the idea you are trying to achieve. but it needs some kinks worked out imo. its really like only having 3 screens, because if you scroll left from the main screen u are taken to the wallpaper selector everytime, where you must scroll thru each of the 10 choices before you can see the final left most blank screen..correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt it make more sense to put the wallpaper selector screen to the far left? so i could chose a wallpaper if i wanted to, but dont have to see the selector everytime i scroll left past my first icon? ie: (from left to right) wallpaper selector>blank homescreen #1>homescreen icons<today screen<blank screen #2. while i love the idea of the panoramic wallpapers (one of my favorite features from android), the layout here just seems counterintuitive to me, and while i get the idea of the blank homescreens, i feel they are sort of unecessary, would it be possible to scrap one, and perhaps place a weather icon on the remaining screen? maybe even with a permanent today for calendar/messages instead of a homescreen dedicated to a hidden today? with 3 icons i usually place on my homescreen anyway? so instead of it being layed out as blank screen 1>wallpapers>homescreen<today<blank screen 2, it could be something like wallpaper selector>blank screen>homescreen<permanent today/weather icon. that would drop it to 4, but that way u still get the blank screen for wallpaper junkies, still get the today view without having to scroll over the 3 icons, but rather have all your upcoming events/weather icon at a glance, and you get the wallpaper selector as well, just in a more conveniant place, that must be scrolled to with effort, eliminating the accidental opening of that screen by scrolling to far to the left from your homescreen icons.

another issue with the placement of the wallpaper selector, is that no matter which u have selected, when u scroll into the selector, the walpaper changes as u scroll over them respectively, therefore say u have the golden gate image selected as ur panoramic wallpaper, but u scroll to the left from your first homescreen icon, i am taken to the selector, where my wallpaper instantly changes to a default nexus one wallpaper that i dont prefer. in order to see the left most part of my panoramic homescreen, i have to scroll thru 10 different images in order to see it. this seems pointless and why i suggest at least swapping the placement of these 2 screens.

another issue i am having is that the launcher icon which opens ur homescreen settings, (looks great btw, love the menu styling) is staying stuck, i know that it says to follow the instructions to exit it, by scrolling first to the top text, and then hitting back. problem is, this never works. i can open it no problem, but when i follow the instructions to get out of it, i am taken to the homescreen, but scrolling in any direction with the trackball immediately takes me right back to the settings menu again. this is an endless loop that wont change until the theme is switched. i just found that this works tho: first scroll to the top, highlight the text where it says to, first click the trackball once, then use the back arrow to escape. this method works, however yours does not, and this took me a while to figure out.

sorry if i sound like a hater, im really not trying to be. this is by far one of the most intricate android themes i have seen, and i know it is in infancy and i am an early adopter. as a paying customer i would love to see the changes i suggested, but i realize that they probably require a complete rewrite, and may result in a less than snappy user experience (theme is very fast as it is), but i think what i have suggested to you are certainly some vaild points, and some valuable ideas. if you were to implement any changes such as what i have suggested, i would love to be a tester for you.

hope to hear back

darsh

*edit* i forgot to include this, may i ask what the function of the "use my own" button is underneath the wallpaper selections? i assumed this would give me the choice to set my own wallpaper, however it just sets it back to the default froyo wallpaper. when i go to my pictures and set my own wallpaper it works fine, but this button seems to just be another wallpaper choice which could be included in the selection with the others.
    Last edited by DarshOne; 07-07-10 at 09:51 AM. Reason: addition
    07-07-10 09:44 AM
    By all means I take no offense to your suggestions, you actually have some incredibly valid points and I thank you for opening my eyes towards it. I definitely agree with you that the wallpaper selector should be the left-most screen, but in terms of scrapping the dedicated Today screen, I cannot do. It has always been my vision and if you take a look at my track record in past themes, this is how I usually like to implement things, a dedicated screen for SMS/Messages/Calendar. In terms of your Settings screens issues, what you have to do is highlight where it says you should highlight, then press Back. From there, you can scroll either left or right, but NOT up/down as it will likely bring up the Settings screen again. Sorry, I should have been more clear in my instruction.

Anyways, I want to say that I am going to create a v2.0 from scratch with these suggestions as well as suggestions by other people, I intend to release it after I port a version of FroYo to the 85xx and 9000, as those users have been bugging the heck out of me to get it out for them, and rightfully so!

Thanks again Darsh, I definitely appreciate the input.
    07-07-10 10:24 AM
    To answer your edit, the Use My Own indeed lets you use your own defined wallpaper. Try it this way: switch out of the theme, then set it back to theme. Immediately change your wallpaper, THEN go to Use My Own. You will see that the button doesn't lead to the default Nexus One wallpaper at all, but your wallpaper that you have set.
    07-07-10 10:26 AM
    I know there are a few kinks to work out in this theme, but I truly believe it is a work of art and it is a culmination of every possible skill I have learned along the path of making themes. I pushed myself hard theme after theme at an accelerated pace, constantly trying to find new and faster ways to get things done, and advance my technical knowledge. The capacity for FroYo to have so many options and capabilities and perform at this level is something I myself have never really witnessed before and therefore something I take great, great pride in. So please bear with me as I correct these issues and understand that it's not as simple as flicking the switch when it comes to making some of these changes, there are over 1500 lines of custom code to work with, but rest assured I will get it done as a service to current and future customers. Thank-you
    07-07-10 10:32 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD