I currently have a blackberry tour with verizon but I'm looking for something more economical. So I'm considering a 8350i on the sprint\boost network and I was wondering if tether would work with the 8350i\boost. Combo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 04:01 PM
    Just buy the app. It's 1/2 price today only
    06-30-10 04:36 PM
    The Tether app does NOT work for iden phones.

06-30-10 05:28 PM
    Iden phone?

06-30-10 05:32 PM
    8350i is an iden communications technology phone
    07-01-10 07:08 AM
    The iDEN network is too slow to support tethering. It would be like trying to watch streaming video on dial-up.
    07-01-10 12:25 PM
    The iDEN network is too slow to support tethering.
    Speed has nothing to do with it, most (all?) of the Moto IDEN phones support using the phone as a tethered "modem" interface to the internet (some will even do it via BT).

For whatever reason, RIM decided to cripple the IDEN BB.
    07-01-10 01:38 PM
    Hello, I am the proud owner of a Boostberry Blackberry 8350i. Before this phone I owned a Boost i776. Before this I owned a Boost i455. I have grown attached to Boost as you can probably tell. Imagine when I bought a blackberry.....Anyway, please tell me there is a way to u pload photos to Facebook!!!
    07-06-10 10:15 PM
    Hello, I am the proud owner of a Boostberry Blackberry 8350i. Before this phone I owned a Boost i776. Before this I owned a Boost i455. I have grown attached to Boost as you can probably tell. Imagine when I bought a blackberry.....Anyway, please tell me there is a way to u pload photos to Facebook!!!
    I think you may be in the wrong thread..but that's cool. If you have the facebook app (only v 1.6 works with boost) you can upload str8 from the app. Also there would be an option to send each picture str8 to fb by hitting the bb menu key. If you don't have the app you have to register your phone on fb from ur pc. Then it will give u a number where u can text ur pictures.

Last edited by crump84; 07-06-10 at 10:34 PM.
    07-06-10 10:32 PM
    What the **** does that have to do with tethering? Nice hijack, thread terrorist. Hello random!!!

07-07-10 08:59 AM
    I use tether through bluetooth but like it was said before it is very slow because of the IDEN network, but when you are in the middle of no where with no wifi for your laptop and you have decent phone signal the slow speed that you have is better than nothing.
    07-07-10 02:12 PM
    I use tether through bluetooth but like it was said before it is very slow because of the IDEN network, but when you are in the middle of no where with no wifi for your laptop and you have decent phone signal the slow speed that you have is better than nothing.
    would you please post detailed instructions describing how you do this. I have been able to tether every other iden phone that I've owned, except for the 8350i.
    you're right, sometimes it's better to have a very slow internet connection than to have none at all.
    07-07-10 02:52 PM
    *snip*
    you're right, sometimes it's better to have a very slow internet connection than to have none at all.
    Absolutely! Especially when someone sends you a pdf (Although I could download to the BB then connect via usb, I can't open pdf's on my BB. Though I swear I did it with V5.0 installed)
    07-07-10 06:20 PM
    would you please post detailed instructions describing how you do this. I have been able to tether every other iden phone that I've owned, except for the 8350i.
    It costs a little money but the app is here in the store you can buy it. Then you follow the directions on how to set it up and use the bluetooth to connect but you have to make sure that your computer is bluetooth enabled.
    07-07-10 11:18 PM
    its also free info if you search for it.
    google " free tether app for blackberry "
    Last edited by b1gbleu; 07-08-10 at 11:23 AM.
    07-08-10 11:05 AM
    if you are referring to TetherBerry, I have never been able to get that to work.
    07-09-10 07:37 AM
    if you are referring to TetherBerry, I have never been able to get that to work.
    no the one I have is tether for Blackberry and it works fine
    07-11-10 06:27 PM
    Actually "tether for Blackberry" is the new name for the Teatherberry application.
    07-13-10 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD