As per the title, is it just me or all Willyboy hybrid releases thread have been purged overnight? And if yes what story did I miss?
    06-30-10 02:37 PM
    All Hybrid/Beta OS builders were notified by PM letting them know the implementation of Beta/Hybrid Policies now in effect on CrackBerry forums. After an allotted time was given to make changes to such threads, it has now expired. The threads have been removed because no corrections were made and no reply came back to us.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/bet...elines-485091/

(a) be accessible to all CrackBerry.com members without payment, password, or other restrictions;
    (b) have adequate freely available information, either in this forum or contained within the download, or a directly linked freely accessible web page, to enable the average hybrid user to install and use it;
    (c) have a direct download URL (link) posted in this forum (i.e. the link must point to an unencrypted archive of the software such that when users click the link they are directly presented with a download or save dialog without needing to navigate other links or pages).

The Forum Managers and Moderators continue to seek cooperation from all users now and in the future on CrackBerry.com
    06-30-10 08:45 PM
    Ah, ok, fair enough.
    Thanks for the answer!
    07-01-10 02:13 AM
    Agreed. Fair enough. I also understand there is more to this story... so, we'll see...
    Last edited by shabbs; 07-01-10 at 03:44 PM.
    07-01-10 03:30 PM
    understandable but this sucks(sorry about spelling).
    i do use driphter and blackberryos as well as here but with this being my fave i just wish willyboy would have followed the guidelines as stated as im a huge fane of his hybrids.
    ah well %&�" happens
    07-01-10 04:43 PM
    Fair enough and I suppose there can be no exceptions with a zero tolerance policy. Guess that means Dryphter will be the second site I visit before CrackBerry. ~

Personally I only trust hybrids made by Willyboy. He's probably busy making better hybrids than editing old CrackBerry posts.
    07-01-10 06:20 PM
    hybrids posted by willyboy here comply with their [CB] rules. they don't make people pay since when they are posted here they are the public downloads. *confused*
    well, i'm sure there's more than what meets the eye
    07-01-10 07:06 PM
    hybrids posted by willyboy here comply with their [CB] rules. they don't make people pay since when they are posted here they are the public downloads. *confused*
    Agreed. But it seems that item (c) could be the deal breaker... the download link was never direct from here.
    07-01-10 07:36 PM
    Seems political. These were free, no charge hybrids. No codes needed. Excellent ones too. Solid reputation. Hope CB reconsiders. What a loss to this community.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 12:43 AM
    You probably should read all of the rules first before you pronounce the posts in compliance. They were not -- they contained PayPal donations links, considered the same as cash payments, violating (a), and did not link directly the hybrid file, violating (c).

I'm puzzled as to why he simply didn't change the links to directs ones and delete the PayPal donation image/links. It was certainly easy enough to do.
    07-02-10 07:25 AM
    On one side I understand the decision made by CB. On the other hand, I don't. Every release that Willyboy advertised here was free. I assume there is more to that story besides of Willyboy not removing a donation button or changing a download link. Every coin has 2 sides.
    07-02-10 08:10 AM
    You probably should read all of the rules first before you pronounce the posts in compliance. They were not -- they contained PayPal donations links, considered the same as cash payments, violating (a), and did not link directly the hybrid file, violating (c).

I'm puzzled as to why he simply didn't change the links to directs ones and delete the PayPal donation image/links. It was certainly easy enough to do.
    There was no requirement to donate in order to get the Hybrid at the time Willyboy6 posted the info here on CB. I don't see how that is a violation of (a). I do agree that rule (c) was in violation as the links were never direct and sent the user to a driphter.com download page.
    07-02-10 08:25 AM
    lol, cb is monopolizing the hybrid world!

anywho, driphter and willyboy are the only two people I can trust for a Speedy hybrid. I am proud to say I am a Lifetime VIP member to Driphter.com, and so it's unnecessary to d/l from both CB and Driphter.

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what happened behind the scenes (if anything at all) willyboy will always have his hybrids available at Driphter.com

Also about violation A, as of yesterday, Willyboy released his second batch of OS6 hybrids and they are now password protected. He did this as an effort to prevent leaks on other BB forums such as CrackBerry. To obtain a password, one must become a Driphter VIP OR wait a week or two for it to be released publicly. Maybe in a week or two you might see something pop up here from Willyboy, but until then--just visit Driphter.com.
    07-03-10 08:14 PM
    as of yesterday, Willyboy released his second batch of OS6 hybrids and they are now password protected. He did this as an effort to prevent leaks on other BB forums such as CrackBerry. To obtain a password, one must become a Driphter VIP OR wait a week or two for it to be released publicly.
    I'm curious, is the password the same for all VIP users or does everyone get their own generated password? If they want to crack down on who's leaking the files, then each file should have it's own unique unlock code that is tied to a specific VIP user.
    07-04-10 07:31 AM
    I'm curious, is the password the same for all VIP users or does everyone get their own generated password? If they want to crack down on who's leaking the files, then each file should have it's own unique unlock code that is tied to a specific VIP user.
    Yes, all vip members were issued a unique code through PM one by one. It's sad that Willyboy had to go through all that just so people wouldn't leak his work. It truly shows his dedication to the community and making sure that only those who help support Driphter.com are the ones who get to beta test the hybrids. For those who are short on cash or don't really feel the need to donate--you will be able to get the hybrid in 2 weeks or less.
    Last edited by cookieronster; 07-04-10 at 02:44 PM.
    07-04-10 02:40 PM
    I understand these guys take time to compile the files to make something that many of us tend to think runs better on our devices, but keep in mind folks, the files they are using are available to EVERYONE. They are RIM files, the stuff is free to begin with, and honestly there should be no charges on these. They are charging for stuff that is not theirs (and I know, people pay VIP to support, etc, but thats never how they portray it).

Just throwing my $.02 out there.
    07-04-10 02:44 PM
    I understand these guys take time to compile the files to make something that many of us tend to think runs better on our devices, but keep in mind folks, the files they are using are available to EVERYONE. They are RIM files, the stuff is free to begin with, and honestly there should be no charges on these. They are charging for stuff that is not theirs (and I know, people pay VIP to support, etc, but thats never how they portray it).

Just throwing my $.02 out there.
    Let's get this straight. They are not charging for the Hybrids directly. The entire site has a VIP membership system that gives VIP members additional privileges than normal users to a lot of areas on the site. One of these privileges is early access to Hybrids... and that is any and all Hybrids that are released via their site. There are other benefits to being a VIP member. So, let's stop it with the "they charge for Hybrids" crap. It's a revenue generating system that they, and many other sites, employ.

Full disclosure: I am not a VIP member there.
    07-04-10 02:57 PM
    I fully understand that, and I wasn't saying that the only "benefit" to being a VIP is the hybrid, but what other worth while benefit is there really? A different email address, like we need more of them? Or a custom title, that they can really do to ANYONE they wanted?

I just don't understand it. And its not that I have never ran hybrids, because I have, but I have also noticed a lot of placebo style affect from them.

Also - they intend to release the hybrids to the public anyways, so why do VIP's need a whole week of exclusivity? They are doing this to themselves. The VIP's should get it a night early, and then beyond that be on a different server for faster download speeds. This would stop these "leaks" because it wouldn't be sitting in limbo for a week.
    07-04-10 03:03 PM
    Heh. Personally, I don't mind the extra week for them to iron out any other issues there may be. As for the placebo effect, I hear ya on that. I've never really noticed any major difference running a Hybrid vs running a leaked OS unless the leaked OS was total balls, and there have been a few. I find fun in tinkering with new OS'es so I do it for the fun of it.
    07-04-10 03:28 PM
    Well all I can say is that VIP is most definitely worth every cent plus more, I only got VIP because I have an insane paypal balance with nowhere to transfer the money. Once u go vip, you begin to favor the site over cb. Again, I can't explain it to you, you just have to see for yourself. The perks of VIP are just insane, however a disclaimer on the site forces me to keep the VIP contents and priveleges private. And out of respect for Driphter and all the other builders on Dcom I am going to uphold that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 06:37 PM
    Well all I can say is that VIP is most definitely worth every cent plus more, I only got VIP because I have an insane paypal balance with nowhere to transfer the money. Once u go vip, you begin to favor the site over cb. Again, I can't explain it to you, you just have to see for yourself. The perks of VIP are just insane, however a disclaimer on the site forces me to keep the VIP contents and priveleges private. And out of respect for Driphter and all the other builders on Dcom I am going to uphold that.
    Not sure why they ask you to keep quiet about the VIP benefits as they are listed on the web site:

What is driphter.com VIP?
    07-04-10 06:44 PM
    Not sure why they ask you to keep quiet about the VIP benefits as they are listed on the web site:

What is driphter.com VIP?
    or are they???

haha, sorry man, but if you're really into BB then you will greatly appreciate Dcom
    07-04-10 08:43 PM
    This is the stupidest conversation... and I see it in so many threads.

I really dont care if people want to waste their money on being a "VIP". Whoop-de-frickin-do!! I paid no money for a "membership" here at CB and I have learned more about BB's from this site over the past few years than I ever will at any other single site.

Bottom line is if some hybrid maker is charging you for some special status on their website, and you feel that you have some sort of exclusivity to their hybrids, you are sadly mistaken, and basically getting ripped off, because they generally plan to release those hybrids to the public anyways. If you honestly think that someone is so cool that you will give money to be a member in their community, well good for you, because most of the rest of us out here don't.

Keep in mind that all the files in any OS official, leaked, or hybrid are the IP of RIM anyways.

Question: does anyone know if RIM makes people pay for a VIP membership to get a leaked OS a week early??

I think CharredPC said it perfect... http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/wil...31/index2.html

As drm2blv said, just throwing my 2 cents in also.
    07-05-10 01:09 PM
    This is the stupidest conversation... and I see it in so many threads.

I really dont care if people want to waste their money on being a "VIP". Whoop-de-frickin-do!! I paid no money for a "membership" here at CB and I have learned more about BB's from this site over the past few years than I ever will at any other single site.

Bottom line is if some hybrid maker is charging you for some special status on their website, and you feel that you have some sort of exclusivity to their hybrids, you are sadly mistaken, and basically getting ripped off, because they generally plan to release those hybrids to the public anyways. If you honestly think that someone is so cool that you will give money to be a member in their community, well good for you, because most of the rest of us out here don't.

Keep in mind that all the files in any OS official, leaked, or hybrid are the IP of RIM anyways.

Question: does anyone know if RIM makes people pay for a VIP membership to get a leaked OS a week early??

I think CharredPC said it perfect... http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/wil...31/index2.html

As drm2blv said, just throwing my 2 cents in also.
    like i said before, it isn't even the hybrids that make VIP worth it, and it is something you won't understand until you actually stop being cheap and pony up the money for VIP, as i am not allowed to say what special amenities VIP's REALLY get for their money.

Don't you just love how all the people bashing VIP Dcom members have never even seen what goes on in the VIP area? You all just hate to hate without knowing what the **** is really even going on.

But hey, keep rambling on about something you, nor CHarred have any idea about--and won't know about until you guys actually try it out.
    Last edited by cookieronster; 07-05-10 at 03:58 PM.
    07-05-10 03:37 PM
    or are they???

haha, sorry man, but if you're really into BB then you will greatly appreciate Dcom
    Well then, they need to do a better "sell job" on their VIP membership if the real benefits are hidden until after you pay up.
    07-05-10 07:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD