I have noticed that my application memory has been smaller recently after reboots. I started with 30.5 and now am booting at 27.3. I have not installed anything new. I reboot my phone when it starts to slow down, usually around 22 - 25 MB with QuickLaunch. I also recently pulled my battery and still rebooting at 27.3. Any suggestions?

Also, if I try an app and then delete it does that free up ALL the app memory used by that app?

Current apps include: AP Mobile, Backup Assistant, Berrybuzz, Fox News Bookmark, QuickLaunch, SmartBCalendar, CB Superstore, Tether, Vlingo, VZ Navigator, and WeatherBug Elite.
    06-30-10 01:34 PM
    Your issue is not uncommon. Here is what I do to fix it: back up data with DM. Disconnect phone from computer. go to options, security, security wipe on the phone. Check only the first option for email and contacts,leave applications and media card UNCHECKED. type in blackberry and do security wipe. Will take a few minutes, once it reboots, reconnect to computer and DM and restore your data. This is faster than a full wipe and OS reload. Your apps wont be deleted, but you may have to reenter registration codes on some of them. This should get you a good bit of memory back.
    06-30-10 01:44 PM
    Worked wonders for my phone.
    06-30-10 03:31 PM
    Thanks! This worked great. Up to 35 MB at restart!!
    06-30-10 08:41 PM
    Can't take credit for the tip. Glad it worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 08:58 PM
    Again. This needs to a a "sticky" post. Hello.........Crackberry Mods....
    07-01-10 10:28 AM
    Im about to do this with mine. My laptop is busted and dont have access to DM. I'm running about 11MB on reboot. My contacts are backed up already on backup assistant and google sync. Will I be safe to wipe? Im guessing all i would lose were my call logs and past messages?
    07-02-10 12:22 PM
    Will this also work if i have enterprise email? when i went to the wipe options (option 1 specifically), i get a warning "all application data will be lost! you will not be able to send or receive email on this device after you wipe it"
    07-02-10 12:43 PM
    Just make sure to backup your contacts on your desktop manager. When I did this I lost all of my contacts in outlook. Luck for me I had most of my contacts backup in google.
    07-02-10 03:22 PM
    incredible tip. i was having trouble with quickly draining memory (that really started after I installed UberTwitter). I usually had about 11 MB after a battery pull. Then all of a sudden things were down to 9. Pull, lower. Pull, lower. It got as low as 4.9 MB. I deleted almost all my apps in that time and it still was bad. But the tip you posted has me back to a "normal" 14. Thanks!
    07-03-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD