Just got an email from dataviz on docs2go on sale for $17.76, normally $49.99. Guess this is the time to upgrade to premium.
    06-30-10 01:37 AM
    Just got an email from dataviz on docs2go on sale for $17.76, normally $49.99. Guess this is the time to upgrade to premium.
    Thanx for the info and its on sale til july11,2010.Gonna buy it thats a great price.
    06-30-10 07:09 AM
    Do you thing buying docs to go is worth it. Does it add any function besides being able to create a new document?
    06-30-10 07:39 AM
    i was jus looking and thinking about that so imma pass on it.
    06-30-10 07:41 AM
    eOffice works well plus more features..
    06-30-10 07:46 AM
    Never heard of it will take a look at it. Thanks
    06-30-10 08:19 AM
    One of the nicer features of the Premium is the PDF-to-go. It allows you to open/view pdf files you already have on your BB. Normally, you can only open/view ones contained in an email.
    06-30-10 08:36 AM
    Its about time!!! I think it is so unfair of the fact that the regular price for iphone and android is only 14.99 for premium, but yet for us berry users is 49.99. I can't wait till July 11th. I'll definitely be buying it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 08:40 AM
    Its about time!!! I think it is so unfair of the fact that the regular price for iphone and android is only 14.99 for premium, but yet for us berry users is 49.99. I can't wait till July 11th. I'll definitely be buying it.

It's on sale NOW and UNTIL 7/11.

Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    06-30-10 09:25 AM

huh? you can't wait till july 11th? it's on sale now.

can anyone who has docs2go tell me how the pdf viewer renders pages? is it slow/choppy or quick/smooth?
    Last edited by beebea; 06-30-10 at 09:32 AM.
    06-30-10 09:29 AM
    I read that the premium edition allowed you to do a sort. I upgraded yet still cannot find sort. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, how do you get to it?

06-30-10 10:27 AM
    I'm getting it today!!!! Thanks for keeping me on my toes guys.

06-30-10 11:26 AM
    That's a pretty good price. I paid $69.99 for it nearly 2 years ago. They won't allow me to use my license for the updated version, therefore I have to continue to use the old version unless I pay an upgrade fee.
    06-30-10 11:37 AM
    eOffice 4.5 used to be buggy on OS 4.5
    I'll download eOffice 4.6 and see how it runs on OS 5.0
    06-30-10 11:42 AM
    eOffice 4.5 used to be buggy on OS 4.5
    I'll download eOffice 4.6 and see how it runs on OS 5.0
    Just downloaded eOffice, and my phone is freezing left and right.
    I'm going to try a battery pull to see if that helps.
    If not, I'm going to stay clear of eOffice.
    Docs To Go is more stable.
    06-30-10 12:04 PM
    Unless one wants a bricked Berry I'd stay clear of eOffice.
    At the time when it was out, I paid $30 for the app.
    It caused all types of Uncaught exception errors.
    I decided to give it another try since I didn't want my money to go to waste.

Just installed it on the Bold 9650. My Berry is jacked up now.
    Message box won't open, nor will the browser.
    Uncaught exception errors are popping up all over the place.
    Options > Applications will no longer open, therefore I can't delete the app now if I wanted to.
    DM won't recognize the device anymore, therefore I won't be able to delete it through DM, nor can I backup my data before reinstalling the OS.
    I'm now getting an Error 523 causing my device to reset and reboot.

For those deciding between the two, Go with Docs To Go.
    eOffice was garbage then, and is still garbage. Same old buggy software, with a new version name.
    Last edited by cdf3; 06-30-10 at 01:47 PM.
    06-30-10 12:47 PM
    Unless one wants a bricked Berry I'd stay clear of eOffice.
    I have been using eOffice since I had the 8310. Not one issue, error and it has
    NEVER bricked my phone. It is also vastly superior and more robust to Docs2Go
    in every single measure. Even if they reduced the price of Docs2Go Premium to
    one dollar I'd still pass and pay for eOffice.

Your bad experience could have been caused by any number of things and
    should be taken with a grain of salt by anyone reading it. The same applies
    to my positive experience but I can assure you this. Anyone who posts a
    problem with eOffice I can probably help them sort it out instead of spouting
    patently false BS. And so you know I have assisted about 2 dozen people
    with the detailed and the minutiae of eOffice.

Full disclosure: I paid for the app and have zero affiliation with it's developer
    Dynoplex.
    06-30-10 01:52 PM
    I have been using eOffice since I had the 8310. Not one issue, error and it has
    NEVER bricked my phone. It is also vastly superior and more robust to Docs2Go
    in every single measure. Even if they reduced the price of Docs2Go Premium to
    one dollar I'd still pass and pay for eOffice.

Your bad experience could have been caused by any number of things and
    should be taken with a grain of salt by anyone reading it. The same applies
    to my positive experience but I can assure you this. Anyone who posts a
    problem with eOffice I can probably help them sort it out instead of spouting
    patently false BS. And so you know I have assisted about 2 dozen people
    with the detailed and the minutiae of eOffice.

Full disclosure: I paid for the app and have zero affiliation with it's developer
    Dynoplex.
    I can't speak for you, but for me the experience has not been good.
    This is my first run in with problems due to eOffice about 2 years ago:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/eof...-player-77034/
    Notice that I'm not the only one in that thread that has had problems with that app.

I had to really do some searching to find a solution to get out of the jam that eOffice put me in today. It disabled my Email, Browser, BIS connection, and Applications under Options. I had no way of uninstalling the app. DM couldn't uninstall it as well. I was luckily able to uninstall it when I came across this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ap...e-phone-216948

After finally being able to uninstall eOffice, my message box works again, and I'm now getting messages that are now coming through that didn't come in earlier when it was installed.

To say that I'm spitting out pure BS is not true.
    Perhaps I could have gone without saying it was garbage.

It could very well be a conflict between it and another 3rd party app.
    Who knows. The last time I installed it on my Curve it conflicted with the BlackBerry Media player. After playing around with the modules of eOffice, I realized that the module jsr211 associated with the app was causing issues. I contacted the developer and they thanked me for finding a solution to the problem. I'm not sure what it's conflicting with this time around. I just know I won't be trying to go for round 3. It took me nearly 2 hours to get my Berry back up and running. I was about to do a wipe before I came across that last thread I found.

I really wish I could use this app. I would love being able to get my money's worth out of the app.
    To day this day, that has yet to pan out for me. I've taken it as a lost and have since moved on.
    Others may download it with no issues. If someone download it and have the same issues that I'm having, they will possibly know how to remedy the situation.
    Last edited by cdf3; 06-30-10 at 02:46 PM.
    06-30-10 02:34 PM
    Thanks for this!

I originally paid $70.00 for my copy, and refused to pay any further upgrade fees for it. I use it very often, and it has served my purposes well for quite a while now with my original version. Jumped on the upgrade for myself, and I just purchased 4 additional copies for the rest of the family for less than $15.00 more than the cost of my original, at just under $85.00! Great!

I didn't receive the email update advisory though. Oh, well... A happy camper I am now.
    06-30-10 03:09 PM
    No probs with eoffice here. I guess if people are unsure then download the trial and have a try
    07-01-10 06:04 AM
    sounds really enticing but I don't know if I'll get enough traction out of this app. I use the free version quite a bit but just to view documents only. well at least I still have more than a week to make a decision =p
    07-01-10 06:18 AM
    No probs with eoffice here. I guess if people are unsure then download the trial and have a try
    I'm still tempted to give it another shot. I'll wait until I have time to kill and see how it goes. I did notice that after I installed eOffce, my Opera Mini icon was removed. I'll probably remove Opera Mini prior to installing it. Maybe those 2 applications don't play nice together.

07-01-10 08:19 AM
    so here's my question. do i have to buy it from my pc and install it via Desktop Manager? i know i can buy apps from my blackberry but is this one that i where i would have to install it from desktop manager?
    07-03-10 10:25 PM
    so here's my question. do i have to buy it from my pc and install it via Desktop Manager? i know i can buy apps from my blackberry but is this one that i where i would have to install it from desktop manager?
    No. You can do everything from your BB if you choose. I did it on multiple different devices myself. You can make the purchase/upgrade, and they will send you the additional links for the add-ons along with your proof of purchase to your email addy of your choice associated with your device. They even send a separate instructional email as well.

HTH...
    07-03-10 10:43 PM
    Great! Thanks for the quick reply

07-03-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD