so i got it unlocked, but for some reason, the data isnt working. so im assuming i need the service books for ATT? ok fine.. how do i do that. if thats not right then what do i need to do to get it working. i can make calls and texts, but i cant send MMS or anything. and it says im on edge network all the time.
    06-30-10 01:09 AM
    EDGE is all you will ever get with a T-Mobile phone on AT&T. T-Mobile uses a different set of 3G frequencies from AT&T and the phones for these two carriers are made differently. 3G with your phone on AT&T will never happen.

Do you have edge or EDGE? edge nmeans that the phon eis seeing the edge network but cannot login. EDGE means that the phoneios logged in and can use the data network. For this to hapen you need a BlackBerry dataplan from AT&T. Do you have this? Without it you will not be able to use the built in browser, push email or BBM.

From what you describe (phone call and SMS but no MMS) it sounds like you have not yet purchased a BlackBerry dataplan for your phone. This is essential to make full use of your phone.
    06-30-10 01:25 AM
    yes i know, but what im saying is, when i call att to add it, they get the IMEI and says it comes up unknown, and they cant add the plan at all.

Edit: they can add A data plan...not the BLACKBERRY data plan. so it still doesnt work..

that should better clarify
    Last edited by emartinez11; 06-30-10 at 01:43 AM.
    06-30-10 01:38 AM
    any ideas???
    06-30-10 01:22 PM
    It sounds like you purchased a phone that was reported lost or stolen, so it is blacklisted. You will not be able to add BIS even on T-Mobile.

If you purchased it through eBay and paid using PayPal, I would suggest filing a claim.
    06-30-10 01:27 PM
    also like you asked earlier, the word says edge in all lowercase.
    so what do i need to do.
    06-30-10 01:28 PM
    I told you, you need a BlackBerry dataplan.

I do not think that you phone IMEI is blacklisted because you can make phone calls.

If AT&T cannot find the IMEI, then ask them angain beign very clear about the numbers you tell them. They may also be looking only at originally AT&T supplied phones. Yoyrs came from T-Mobile and AT&T may just be looking at an AT&T only database.
    06-30-10 02:00 PM
    I told yoiu, you need a BlackBerry dataplan.

I do not think that you phone is blacklisted because you can make phone calls.
    I do not believe GSM carriers in the USA blacklist calling on phones with bad IMEIs, but I could be wrong. Adding BIS to a phone with a bad IMEI is a different story.

iPhone Stolen: Carrier Refuses to Blacklist IMEI - Mac Forums
    Last edited by lak611; 06-30-10 at 02:09 PM.
    06-30-10 02:04 PM
    so im confused. lol what do i do.
    06-30-10 03:27 PM
    i just got off the phone with att. they say it should be compatible with a valid sim card. the data plan is on the account. there are no restrictions. so now what.
    06-30-10 03:58 PM
    i just got off the phone with att. they say it should be compatible with a valid sim card. the data plan is on the account. there are no restrictions. so now what.
    If you have a BlackBerry data plan the service books will download automatically to the phone when it registers to the network. If you still don't have them go to Options, Advanced, Host Routing tables, press the BB key and choose register. That will resend the service books.

If that doesn't work then you have other problems. Once you get the service books you can create an account on the BIS website for AT&T and signup your email accounts. Once service books are on the phone MMS will work.
    07-01-10 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD