Has anyone purchased and installed this on their BlackBerry Bold 9650?

There are reviews on the CrackBerry store, but based on the dates none of them are for the Bold 9650.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=1pLfkXF5
    06-29-10 05:45 PM
    Have had it on my Bold for weeks. I can go 2 days or so on a charge basically.
    06-29-10 05:47 PM
    Have had it on my Bold for weeks. I can go 2 days or so on a charge basically.
    How does if feel to type on with the back batter door sticking out?

I've read reviews on the 1700 battery getting perhaps adding about 15-20% more batter power. If I'm going to spend the money on a batter, I'd rather get one that will provide a significant increase. 100% increase on the 2600 sounds nice.
    06-29-10 05:50 PM
    Used it on my 9630 and now 9650. Feels just fine. You'll fine it to feel more heavy. Good battery life. Easy to get used to. Lasts at least two days with active use. If you have a chance review other posts about this on a previous seidio 2600 thread.
    06-29-10 06:01 PM
    Yeah the phone is a bit heavier, but the size increase isn't much of an increase at all.

The battery life is about 90% more.
    06-29-10 06:21 PM
    I had the Seidio 2600 for my Curve 8330 and thought it was great! I just received my Seidio 2600 for my new Bold 9650 and I am charging it right now. I always liked the extra size on the back of the phone, as it felt better in my hands. Well worth the purchase!
    06-29-10 06:29 PM
    I have had it in my 9650 since day 1. Awesome batt. I put the one that came in it for a day. When I got home I had only 20% left. With the 2600 I have ovr 75% left at the end of the day. I am just waiting for a case and holster to come out for the 9650 and the 2600 batt.
    06-29-10 07:01 PM
    the seidio spring lock holster works with the 2600 battery, using it now. As for a case, I dunno... Seidio told me they didn't even have one planned...
    06-29-10 07:04 PM
    I have had it in my 9650 since day 1. Awesome batt. I put the one that came in it for a day. When I got home I had only 20% left. With the 2600 I have ovr 75% left at the end of the day. I am just waiting for a case and holster to come out for the 9650 and the 2600 batt.
    Will it fit into the case that comes with the phone. I was wondering if the elastic bands on the side of the case would allow it to stretch some.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 07:05 PM
    It fits, it's just a little hard to take it out.
    06-29-10 07:05 PM
    I've got it and the battery life is excellent. Some problems with the door though, kind of cheap and I have a very hard time getting it off.
    06-29-10 07:07 PM
    I think I my have to go online tonight and grab one. On my previous BlackBerry I was always keeping an eye on memory and constantly running the memory cleaning application and event log. With the 9650 I no longer have that issue, but now I'm always watching my battery level. I'm close to 15% to 20% by days end. That's with moderate use. I couldn't imagine going a full day off heavy usage with the battery I have now.

06-29-10 07:09 PM
    im loving mine, couldnt get through a full day with the batt that came with it. i'm using it with the otterbox defender. just left the extended door off and the batt sticks out enough to be held in by the case, its a tight fit to snap the case together, but working great
    06-29-10 08:29 PM
    Where do you all recommend I purchase one?
    I'd like to get the best deal without buying something that's a knockoff.
    06-30-10 07:56 AM
    How's the battery door on it? The latest posts on CrackBerry store are all complaining about the battery door breaking and coming off.
    06-30-10 08:30 AM
    just ordered my battery today it should be here tomorrow ... i hope ... anyone have any idea if those rubbery skins from verizon fit with the extended battery in ?? im not too into those hard plastic skins
    06-30-10 11:03 PM
    Has anyone purchased and installed this on their BlackBerry Bold 9650?

There are reviews on the CrackBerry store, but based on the dates none of them are for the Bold 9650.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=1pLfkXF5
    Had it on my 9630, and switched it to my 9650 with no issues. It's awesome. My phone battery dying is no longer a possibility.

07-01-10 01:17 AM
    I'm interested in purchasing one as well. However, according to the reviews, it seems like the battery stops functioning properly after a minimum of 3 weeks. Is there anyone that used it for at least a month?
    07-10-10 02:27 PM
    I'm interested in purchasing one as well. However, according to the reviews, it seems like the battery stops functioning properly after a minimum of 3 weeks. Is there anyone that used it for at least a month?
    I've used it well over a month. Love the battery, hate the door. Broken latch already and bad fit.
    07-10-10 06:37 PM
    Its the same battery as the Tour one so its been around a long time. Same response, battery is awesome, the door sucks

07-10-10 07:00 PM
    I was almost about to purchase one about a week ago, but saw all of the negative reviews about the door. I decided to grab an extra battery for $3 on Amazon.com. I also grabbed an external battery charger for $3 as well. I can now have an extra battery ready to pop in when needed.

07-10-10 07:08 PM
    Err for $3 is it a generic battery? If so the capacity probably isn't what it says

07-10-10 07:47 PM
    Err for $3 is it a generic battery? If so the capacity probably isn't what it says

Yep. It's a standard battery. I'm skeptical as to how long it's going to last since it was so inexpensive. So far I'm getting the same battery life, if not better, than the one that came with it. I got the 2nd battery as a spare. I got it for those times when I know I'll be using my phone quite a bit, while not being able to charge it.

07-10-10 08:36 PM
    Did you buy the battery from Amazon direct or Amazon Marketplace? If the latter, I would worry that it's a counterfeit because of that price.

edit - My bad. Didn't read that you said it's a generic, non-OEM.
    Last edited by parked; 07-10-10 at 08:46 PM.
    07-10-10 08:41 PM
    Did you buy the battery from Amazon direct or Amazon Marketplace? If the latter, I would worry that it's a counterfeit because of that price.

edit - My bad. Didn't read that you said it's a generic, non-OEM.
    I searched for it on Amazon.com, but it was through a company called Cell Lounge out of Brooklyn, NY. So I guess this would be an Amazon Marketplace sale.
    I didn't get it to replace my original OEM battery, I simply got it so I could use it while my original battery was charging. I wanted to get the Seidio 2600 battery, but everyone said that the battery door is cheap and will break easily. I also wasn't sure if it would fit into my charging cradle, as well as the holster I'm currently using.
    I was next going to get the Seidio Slim battery, but I wasn't sure if I was willing to shell out nearly $50 for a 15 to 20% gain. Usually when I get home at the end of the day, my battery is down to about 35%. While continuing to use the phone at home, before I know it, I'm down to 25%. I then plug my phone up and allow it to charge, but I continue to use it as Emails and messages are coming in. Therefore it would take longer for it to charge. The charging port on the 9650 isn't in the best of places, therefore it's uncomfortable trying to charge it while typing on it. This is where the spare battery comes into play. I would take my OEM battery out and charge it in the external battery charger. While it's charging I would pop in the spare battery and use it while the OEM battery is charging. It's working great for now.
    I'll see how this new system works for now. If it does, then it would be a great deal in the end. If it doesn't and seems to be too much of a hassle, then I'll buckle down and get the Seidio Slim battery.
    07-10-10 09:42 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD