For the past 3 weeks its been nothing but dropped calls and EDGE to GRSM frequencies! Has anyone in Houston experienced this? I have Blackberry 9700 with the latest released firmware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 03:59 PM
    Have you called into AT&T to inquire or report having issues? We cannot fix what we don't know is broken...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 08:15 PM
    I had horrible AT&T service when I lived in Cleveland, OH. Now that I'm back home in Houston, I have had negligible issues. I drive from Spring Branch to The Woodlands every day and haven't had any issues.

I did notice one bad spot. The Katy freeway between Wilcrest & Gessner. I will ocasionally get dropped there.
    06-30-10 01:22 PM
    I commute from Spring to Downtown daily. either down 59 or 45 and have great service. On weekends I drive all over the city and dont have any service problems. But that wasnt the case after Ike when 11 of 13 cell towers were down around the area where I live.
    07-01-10 01:53 PM
    I would open my mouth! I have had 3 - 4 dropped calls in the last 2 days, on both the North Freeway and the tollway around 290 to FM 149 area.
    07-02-10 02:50 PM
    I had the same problem when I first went with ATT, calls dropping everywhere, have the Bold 9000 and when the new OS made it possible to delete 3G from my phone I quit dropping calls, now I just have Edge but it is OK.
    I thought about going back to Sprint, especially since my contract is up in Oct. and my cancellation fee is only about $50, but I live in Kingwood and my neighbors say Sprint doesn't come in very well here, I qualify for an upgrade and am planning on getting another Bold this week just cause ATT seems to be the only carrier that picks up decent coverage in KW.
    07-11-10 11:25 PM
    As annoyed as we may get with AT&T, I know that T-Mobile is worse in Houston. My GF has marginal service in Katy and terrible service in Spring Branch.
    07-12-10 11:31 AM
    You're complaining about dropping calls while changing between towers, because you're in a moving metal box.

Get a convertible and drive slower.

Any carrier will give you their coverage estimate for a PRECISE LOCATION if you simply call their toll free number and ASK.

"Hey, my names Oscar T Grouch, and I'm not a customer, but I was thinking about starting service. What I want to know is the estimated coverage level for 123 Sesame Street, New York, New York, 10123, and the neighborhood around it, at least from the Mail-It Shop to Hooper's Store."
    07-12-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD