So my new bold 9700 arrived today. After my Pearl 8120 and Nokia N95 8GB, I am pretty excited. And yes I did choose it over an iPhone 4 or HTC Desire. Anyway I unboxed and had my otterbox commuter at the ready and put on my Martin Fields screen guard. So I go to apply the case and put the plastic bit on with the rubber bit on over the top. Nothing seemed to fit right and the plastic bit was sticking out under the rubber and the rubber looked like it needed stretching. So I tried to stretch it out and thought it looked much simpler in the You Tube video or maybe I had been sent the wrong parts. It took me 25 minutes to realise the rubber bit goes UNDER the plastic bit. Dope!

I am the smartphone king! Not!

Anyway I love my phone already and am gonna set up BIS and download all the required apps and sync with outlook and generally tinker. I may be some time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 01:07 PM
    Welcome aboard to the 9700! You might want to change your avatar as it still says that your current device is a pearl.

Enjoy your new phone
    06-29-10 01:13 PM
    Don't beat yourself up... we all live and learn!
    06-29-10 01:30 PM
    Mmm... donuts.
    06-29-10 02:24 PM
    Not such a donut, you've made two good choices. In 6 months you'll know what wise investment the commuter is.

06-29-10 02:58 PM
    LOL. good story, hey, we all do stuff like that.
    06-29-10 05:05 PM
    Is a protective screen wotsit recommended for the bold 9700? I'm using the holster a bit but might give up on it if I can find something to wrap the phone up in that's slim and unobtrusive. I find with the holster that I'm always unsure if I should put it in my pocket or keep hold of it, hampering general useage and proving a good dexterity challenge. But without the holster I'm thinking more wasted battery life and a slightly more dusty/beaten up phone.
    06-29-10 06:14 PM
    Enjoy the 9700, it is a fantastic device.
    06-29-10 07:12 PM
    Is a protective screen wotsit recommended for the bold 9700? I'm using the holster a bit but might give up on it if I can find something to wrap the phone up in that's slim and unobtrusive. I find with the holster that I'm always unsure if I should put it in my pocket or keep hold of it, hampering general useage and proving a good dexterity challenge. But without the holster I'm thinking more wasted battery life and a slightly more dusty/beaten up phone.
    I personally have the Otterbox Impact, and like it a lot. It takes half a second to pull off of the phone, and will protect it in most drop situations. It's a rubber sleeve/cover, but seems to be of immensely higher quality than all of the silicone covers I have seen and used. It has a great grip, and allows me to toss my phone at my dog at a high rate of speed when he's getting into the trash, with no fear of harming my phone. (What?) It also keeps the phone from flying when I absent-mindedly set it on the dash of my truck without thinking about it. It gives somewhat of a "substantial" feel to the phone. It also comes with a decent screen protector in the package.
    06-29-10 08:28 PM

See, it a labor pain of BB,
    Most of us went through it.
    Welcome to 9700 cabin,

06-30-10 03:16 AM
    mmm donuts!!! I was thinking bout getting an otter box also, how much more "bulk" does it add to your phone? I like to listen to music while on my commute but don't like to take my phone out while on the city bus. So does it fit in the pocket well?
    06-30-10 12:04 PM
    The commuter doesn't add much bulk at all. The defender adds more I believe. I can still get my blackberry in my holster which came with the phone (it has leather front and back and elasticated sides. I don't know if everyone gets this type). It still fits in, though a bit tight and still shuts down when it is right in. So no, not much bulk and use case feels like it would really protect. I used a Martin Shields screen cover but that is just preference- one does come with the commuter.

06-30-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD