My trackpad died called VZW last night NO FRU's no new ones from RIM and all stores in my area have pulled stock? Called tech support today same story.

Let the theories begin.........
    Last edited by spaciorek; 06-29-10 at 10:59 AM.
    06-29-10 10:54 AM
    Interesting, have no idea.

Maybe they ran out giving everyone new ones lol. Honestly I doubt that its looks like the new phones were probably preallocated and stocked as FRUS, even though they were new.
    06-29-10 11:09 AM
    My trackpad died called VZW last night NO FRU's no new ones from RIM and all stores in my area have pulled stock? Called tech support today same story.

Let the theories begin.........
    Well there's tons of defect which appear more prevalent in Verizon version.
    Im thinking its due to them being first off assembly line Verizon batch ready before Sprint batch November 2009 release.
    Many pictures released of V 9650 in box ready to go back in that November time frame while Sprints were being manufactured
    Last edited by Slingbox; 06-29-10 at 11:20 AM.
    06-29-10 11:18 AM
    There is no dark side of the moon.......
    06-29-10 11:24 AM
    other wise known as Verizon playing more games and being silly about things most likely thats why you cant get a bold anymore. meh.
    06-29-10 11:30 AM
    Ha now they are liars good ole VZW called my store and talked to my buddy they have 10 new ones in stock.
    06-29-10 11:51 AM
    Ha now they are liars good ole VZW called my store and talked to my buddy they have 10 new ones in stock.
    Maybe those 10 are replacing 10 pulled
    06-29-10 11:55 AM
    My buddy called in a complaint on his Tour just last night and is being sent a Bold for todays delivery.
    06-29-10 11:58 AM
    Haha. Gotta love it. The HUGE delay, recall, then delay before they hit stores. Now this! Epic, epic FAIL!!! Can't wait to go Droid X or Pro.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 12:10 PM
    Haha. Gotta love it. The HUGE delay, recall, then delay before they hit stores. Now this! Epic, epic FAIL!!! Can't wait to go Droid X or Pro.

and yet you're still here to troll. yawn
    06-29-10 12:43 PM
    Ehh he has a limited Edition
    06-29-10 01:23 PM
    Ehh he has a limited Edition
    Cuz he's cool like that...........
    06-29-10 01:25 PM
    So weird. I don't get VZW. Seems like a good % of their BB devices have problems straight out of the box upon release.
    06-29-10 01:28 PM
    Have you ever compared a GSM vs CDMA device.... Yes GSM has some issues. But they are solid...

Why... Who knows if you ask me......
    06-29-10 01:34 PM
    I can attest to the trackpad problems. I received a Bold as a Tour replacement and the trackpad wouldn't scroll worth a $%&@!!! 2nd Bold is better but I've noticed it doesn't scroll at times when on the charger. Weird!
    06-29-10 01:36 PM
    Man do trolls love this section of the forum or what...
    06-29-10 02:05 PM
    They did this for the Storm2 once they had made hardware changes in response to some screen defects a few months ago. Wouldn't be surprised if "new" Bold 9650's are back on the shelves soon, but with modified hardware and better trackpads.
    06-29-10 02:21 PM
    well i hope they dont give us a hard time swapping phone out when the modified ones come out in a month or whatever.

06-29-10 03:49 PM
    Haha. Haters make the world go round.

06-29-10 05:04 PM
    Haha. Haters make the world go round.
    What happened to you BlkBry? A year and 1700 comments later and you've gone sour!
    I suppose the 9650's jealous of its little brother's scrolling problems and wanted a bit of the attention. Sigh...
    06-29-10 11:35 PM
    I called Verizon posing as my brother who has a 9650, and started complaining and they offered to send me a new one over night. So I said "Can I exchange it at the store?" to which they replied, "Yes, definitely." I said, "So, you have the 9650 instock!?" to Which she replied, "Yes we do, we can have it to you tomorrow." I thanked her and said I would drop by the local store in the morning, and she said thank you, blah blah blah... So there seems to be no problem what so ever
    06-29-10 11:39 PM
    I have spoke with 3 higher up VZW support techs, and CSR and they all confirm this to be BS which I have used them before. No internal documentation states such info... If it were so true VZW would have been notifying CSR @ a supervisor level and work it's way down...

So where to go from here....

Seems maybe a local area or one call center warehouse was showing up empty but they are not being pulled nor recalled.
    06-29-10 11:44 PM
    I have spoke with 3 higher up VZW support techs, and CSR and they all confirm this to be BS... Seems maybe a local area or one call center warehouse was showing up empty but they are not being pulled nor recalled.
    Thanks for confirming this and digging around for us!
    06-29-10 11:48 PM
    Thanks for the updates I will reference when I speak with executive relations today. Appreciate the digging yester.

06-30-10 05:40 AM
    I have spoke with 3 higher up VZW support techs, and CSR and they all confirm this to be BS which I have used them before. No internal documentation states such info... If it were so true VZW would have been notifying CSR @ a supervisor level and work it's way down...

So where to go from here....

Seems maybe a local area or one call center warehouse was showing up empty but they are not being pulled nor recalled.
    appreciate the effort as always
    06-30-10 06:53 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD