My bold 9700 wiil NOT play video whatsoever. It is very annoying. Everytime I click a video it says error. can anyone help ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 01:04 AM
    Sounds like you either don't have wap enabled on your account (my problem last yearon ATT) or your TCP settings are wrong? Did it work before or is it a new phone?

06-28-10 02:38 AM
    Try changing Browser configurations, Browser Identification should say blackberry.
    Make sure your going to the mobile version, Make sure WAP is enabled.
    06-28-10 12:41 PM
    Try changing Browser configurations, Browser Identification should say blackberry.
    I dont think that matters. I'm pretty sure browser identification is meant for analytic purposes. For example, if you put it as blackberry, when you visit a site and the admin checks their analytics, it will show that a bb visited the site.
    06-28-10 12:43 PM
    If you search Youtube on this forum you'll find about a thousand threads about this very issue...

06-28-10 12:45 PM
    Are you accessing YouTube via the web browser or one of the YouTube apps out there?

I would the web browser to be hopeless (And frankely slow) at playing videos.

I used a app called Player For YouTube - works a treat and is free of BlackBerry App World. I found only some videos don't play, and that is due to YouTube itself and no the BB handset 99% of the time.
    06-28-10 02:12 PM
    search the forum for you "youtube optimization"

you should find a thread with instructions for fixing the settings on your phone to make youtube work. I had the same problem and it fixed it.

good luck
    06-28-10 04:12 PM
    search the forum for you "youtube optimization"

you should find a thread with instructions for fixing the settings on your phone to make youtube work. I had the same problem and it fixed it.

good luck
    Same problem as OP. Just tried Youtube Optimization thinking "Alleluia! I found the solution!" But nope...Still no luck...I kinda gave up on this issue a while ago...hoping to find a fix one day though...

06-28-10 07:33 PM
    Try the "player for youtube" from here at CB. Works fine on my 4 9700s. We are all on 680.

06-28-10 10:30 PM
    And the nightmare continues...

Should I contact my carrier ? Everything else works just fine on my phone...I don't get it...

06-29-10 05:27 AM
    I would say yes. They can put you in contact with RIM if necessary. Pandora or something like XM Radiowork?

06-29-10 06:19 AM
    I would say yes. They can put you in contact with RIM if necessary. Pandora or something like XM Radiowork?

Don't have either one of them...Google maps, ScoreMobile, AssistantPremium and Poynt work flawlessly...

Sorry to the OP, don't mean to hijack your thread...
    06-29-10 09:23 AM
    Ha ha...Called carrier and they did "a lot of tests" and told me everything was fine on their end...

One precision though, I am able to watch videos when a Wifi connection is established...

06-29-10 10:40 AM
    Then their 3g connection does not have enough bandwidth available for streaming video.

06-29-10 12:11 PM
    FINALLY SOLVED !!! And it was the stupidest thing ever!!!

Called Fido (my service provider) and spent an hour and a half with their ignorant technical support department only to hear "sorry sir it seems like a problem with the actual YouTube website", there is nothing that can be done about it...

Being the hard headed person that I am, I decided to take it from the start and check all my setting...

Turns out my APN settings weren't right...I feel like such a ****** because I've had this problem since I got the phone last December, but hey, all is well that ends well...From today on, I'm a YouTube abuser!!! Thank you for your help shansmi!!!
    06-29-10 02:20 PM
    Cool!

What did you have vs what the needed to be?

06-29-10 04:40 PM
    I had wap.fido.ca instead of internet.fido.ca !

06-29-10 04:59 PM
    What were the settings that you finally used to get it to work please.
    06-29-10 09:32 PM
    Like I wrote in the post above yours, APN is: internet.fido.ca

The username is: fido and the password is also: fido

06-29-10 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD