To summarize: I've had my phone since mid March, brand new from Rogers wireless. I've had a few random freezes here'n there but nothing a battery pull couldnt fix.

Now just today, Im sitting there enjoying my lunch, I see my led flashing and that I've got a new bbm msg. So I hit * + the green call button to unlock my phone, except this time, my screen goes white and my led starts flashing in a weird sequence and it went something like this:

Flash, pause, flash flash flash, pause, flash (this repeats infinitely)

So I figured ok, maybe another battery pull? So I do that, only to find that the led DOESNT stay red, yet it continues to flash in that sequence and the phone never reboots itself and it's stuck that way.

I call rogers, they guide me through a whole bunch of different processes, battery out, plug into charger, plug into PC, replace battery etc and none of these work.

In the end, they said they'll send me a new (refurb) one.
    Has anyone ever gotten this? I did a search but none of the problems sounded like mine.

Anyone have any idea would it could be? Is there anything else I can try?
    Its only been 9 hrs and I'm already going nuts without my berry
    06-28-10 12:04 AM
    Wipe and reload the OS.

Install only necessary must have apps initially and no themes and see how it performs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 12:11 AM
    It almost sounds like an app was loading that messed up the phone.
    06-28-10 12:14 AM
    The first 24 hours are the worst. Stay strong!
    06-28-10 12:52 AM
    Wipe and reload the OS.

Install only necessary must have apps initially and no themes and see how it performs.

Well the only thing is desktop manager doesnt recognize the phone no matter what I try

I just hope that the refurb rogers sends me isnt creaky and doesnt have that tilted trackpad issue
    06-28-10 01:08 AM
    I would wipe the phone using BBSAK and reload OS thru Loader (not Desktop manager) before going for a refurb.

06-28-10 07:56 AM
    ^Tried that as well, the phone isnt recognized by ANYTHING at all

My refurb came in the mail yesterday, surprisingly its built better than my original 9700

One gripe I have with the new one though is that if my keypad is locked and I press a key, the little
    "press * + green call button to unlock keypad" doesnt show up.

The only way for me to unlock the keypad is to press the lock/unlock button on the very top
    Not sure if this is a software issue, not a huge deal just something I noticed
    06-30-10 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD