I'm trying to decide between the 9650 and the storm 2. Besides email I use twitter, YouTube and the Internet. Which one will handle those features the best. I have a droid but the email is bad and the phone crashes alot. So I am looking for a replacement.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 05:22 PM
    well i just recently left from a storm 2 and moved to a 9650. it was the best decision i made. ive been a blackberry user for a while and i always had a qwerty full keyboard blackberry. so i decided to give the storm 2 a try. it was a cool phone for about a week or two then things became frustrating. typing was frustrating cause i needed a physical keyboard to hit and i found i just was not as fast as i was on a regular keyboard. so i changed to a 9650. best bb io ever owned. trackpad is amazing, wifi addition and 512mb of mem. and traditional bb keyboard cant beat that....
    06-27-10 05:47 PM
    Thanks, can I play YouTube videos on the 9650?
    06-27-10 06:09 PM
    Also just switched from a Storm 2:

Things I miss from my S2:
    Screen Size
    Touch capability (easier navigation)
    Screen Size
    and Screen Size

It you like a nice big display and like to navigate a little easier go with a S2.
    If you like a keyboard (also easier editing text), reliability, and overall better performance go with the 9650.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Keep in mind these are just my opinions, you can always head to the store and play with both for a little.

EDIT: Yes you can play youtube videos on your 9650
    06-27-10 06:13 PM
    yes you can play youtube videos on 9650. you can either use the browser or an app called" youtube player " which is a useful app for watching youtube videos. i agree also the S2 screen was a big plus but i would take a keyboard over touch any day ..
    06-27-10 07:19 PM
    well i just recently left from a storm 2 and moved to a 9650. it was the best decision i made. ive been a blackberry user for a while and i always had a qwerty full keyboard blackberry. so i decided to give the storm 2 a try. it was a cool phone for about a week or two then things became frustrating. typing was frustrating cause i needed a physical keyboard to hit and i found i just was not as fast as i was on a regular keyboard. so i changed to a 9650. best bb io ever owned. trackpad is amazing, wifi addition and 512mb of mem. and traditional bb keyboard cant beat that....
    +1 - hit the nail on the head

06-27-10 11:33 PM
    I was faced with the same decision on friday.... S2 is nice, but I am totally in love with the 9650! The biggest decision maker for me was the keyboard shortcuts. I don't think I could get used to not having them. My boss has only been a BB user for a year, he went from S1 to an S2 and loves it.... Its a matter of taste, but for my money, the Bold is where its at

06-28-10 12:02 AM
    Came from the Storm 1 and love the physical keyboard. The 9650 is rock solid.
    06-28-10 06:21 AM
    I came from Storm2 to Tour to Bold 9650 and agree that's it's better. Typing wasn't my issue as much as the crappy OS (607). It was a battery killer caused lags on S2. 713 may be better, I just haven't tried it out yet.
    06-28-10 07:13 AM
    It's been a little over a week, and i'm telling you Hands Down the Bold is the better device.

If anybody is contemplating on which to get please choose the Bold. I also found that many of the people who don't like there Blackberrys are Storm users, because they are always trying to compare there phones to the Iphone and the Droid.

The physical keyboard is unmatched, i can type much faster anddddd without looking ( ). It makes my life alot easier, so i can send text messages and emails when my boss is around

Also the phone does lag alot less. The phone doesnt even lag at all, with the storm 9550 i was doing a battery pull 8-9 times a week, i haven't had to do ONE yet with this phone.

Also the 9650 has been caught using Os 6 so that is a plus. All in all this device is great, and if you or somebody you know is caught and has to make the same decision, please pick the Bold.

in reply; the reason i didn't pick Droid is because no other cell phone company makes connecting with people easier than BlackBerry, Droid is full of powerfull, useless apps that you'll use once every 2 months. My blackberry is solid, and is CLUTTTCCHHHHH.

ps >> the Display on this phone is beautiful...
    07-31-10 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD