Please i have bberry storm2 9550.I am overseas now.I took it to a lot of places for them to unlock it for me so that i could use it there and all the unlock code they produce was incorrect.
    I have all my 10 chances wasted and my phone is still not unlock.I need to use my phone very bad at where i am now and there is no way to get new phone here.can some please help me how i would be able to unlock my phone again??? Please i need everyone's help cos i am stucked here now.help!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-27-10 03:34 PM
    If you used all 10 attempts the phone is now locked to the issuing carrier. The may
    be some repair shops that have the tools necessary to assist you but on your own
    there is nothing you can do.

can some please help me how i would be able to unlock my phone again???
    What do you mean by "AGAIN?" If it was once unlocked there should be no way
    for the user to "re-lock" it.
    06-27-10 04:31 PM
    Wipe your phone and reinstall the OS.
    06-27-10 05:02 PM
    Wipe your phone and reinstall the OS.
    That won't help.

He needs to take it to a shop that does cable unlocking.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-27-10 05:08 PM
    I think he's referring to password lock, which in this case you can't wipe the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 05:09 PM
    That won't help.

Are you sure? I believe he is talking about his phone lock, not the carrier lock.
    06-27-10 05:10 PM
    I think he's referring to password lock, which in this case you can't wipe the phone.

Really? This I did not know. If you wipe the phone, it will still be locked?
    06-27-10 05:11 PM
    ===== QUOTE lak611 ====

That won't help.

===== /QUOTE ====

Are you sure? I believe he is talking about his phone lock, not the carrier lock.
    He mentioned being overseas, so that sounds like unlocking the SIM card.

06-27-10 05:12 PM
    ^^^^^ Yep I believe he is referring to unlocking SIM.
    But why wouldn't he just reply and say what he wants exactly?
    06-27-10 06:25 PM
    He said he wanted to have it unlocked so he could use it "there," so I think he is talking about the SIM.

06-27-10 06:34 PM
    Let me guess...what will gives you a 10times tries...

sim is only 3 tries...so its the phone lock!!!!

well....he probably got a phone which is unlocked for any carrier..but!!!!

somehow he set the phone security with password...so...everytime it reboot...it will ask him for phone password and you got only 10tries max based on the settings...

so.. used up the 10tries.. and the phone by default will auto wipe out since its a security features....now the phone should be in default mode?

actually.. i dont get it.. if its your own phone... why can't you remember your own password? every reboot of the phone will prompt for that password...so u never reboot your own phone before?

or its not your phone? sorry dude...

anyway...i have never try enter 10 times wrong password before.. so i don't really know after the auto wipe if the phone will reset back into carrier locked mode or not.. maybe it will...and sorry dude.. if the password is still maintain and locking your phone...then no one can help you.. please go back to your phone carrier or RIM for help i guess......

of course there might be some black market phone shop can help unlock but.. well....as we all know.... bb is sooo secure...so..goodluck!
    06-27-10 06:58 PM
    Let me guess...what will gives you a 10times tries...

sim is only 3 tries...so its the phone lock!!!!

well....he probably got a phone which is unlocked for any carrier..but!!!!

somehow he set the phone security with password...so...everytime it reboot...it will ask him for phone password and you got only 10tries max based on the settings...

so.. used up the 10tries.. and the phone by default will auto wipe out since its a security features....now the phone should be in default mode?

actually.. i dont get it.. if its your own phone... why can't you remember your own password? every reboot of the phone will prompt for that password...so u never reboot your own phone before?

or its not your phone? sorry dude...

anyway...i have never try enter 10 times wrong password before.. so i don't really know after the auto wipe if the phone will reset back into carrier locked mode or not.. maybe it will...and sorry dude.. if the password is still maintain and locking your phone...then no one can help you.. please go back to your phone carrier or RIM for help i guess......

of course there might be some black market phone shop can help unlock but.. well....as we all know.... bb is sooo secure...so..goodluck!
    Just for the record, you get 10 tries to unlock a BlackBerry for use on other carriers. Sounds like an unlocking issue, not that he set a device password. I remember a while back seeing a couple of unlock websites say that they could still unlock a device that had 10 failed attempts. I've never been in that situation so I can't say with any certainty.

06-27-10 07:26 PM
    Just for the record, you get 10 tries to unlock a BlackBerry for use on other carriers. Sounds like an unlocking issue, not that he set a device password. I remember a while back seeing a couple of unlock websites say that they could still unlock a device that had 10 failed attempts. I've never been in that situation so I can't say with any certainty.

thats pretty cool info there....that would mean his phone is carrier locked?

when i got my bb.. its already "carrier unlocked"...the seller claimed that he's using the same unlock code for all the bb phones he got... i don't know how true.. anyway...i guess we can't help much since the owner don't really give us a better idea what and how he got the phone...

gosh...so what will happen if u tried to "carrrier unlock" and failed 10times?

e.g.
    sim locked failed 3 times = sim puk locked down till telco provide sim unlock code.

phone locked failed 10 times = phone wipe and after what happens.. i got no idea.

carrier locked failed 10 times = phone permanently locked?

so cool... wish they give me an option to permanently wipe the ROM/OS to make it an unusable phone......cuz if i ever lost my phone... i wont want to let whoever pick it up to use it...sorry i am selfish but...i love my storm2.
    06-27-10 07:55 PM
    thats pretty cool info there....that would mean his phone is carrier locked?

when i got my bb.. its already "carrier unlocked"...the seller claimed that he's using the same unlock code for all the bb phones he got... i don't know how true.. anyway...i guess we can't help much since the owner don't really give us a better idea what and how he got the phone...

gosh...so what will happen if u tried to "carrrier unlock" and failed 10times?

e.g.
    sim locked failed 3 times = sim puk locked down till telco provide sim unlock code.

phone locked failed 10 times = phone wipe and after what happens.. i got no idea.

carrier locked failed 10 times = phone permanently locked?

so cool... wish they give me an option to permanently wipe the ROM/OS to make it an unusable phone......cuz if i ever lost my phone... i wont want to let whoever pick it up to use it...sorry i am selfish but...i love my storm2.
    There is a new program on AppWorld called Lookout and it offers the option to remotely wipe a device should it be lost. I recently installed it on my Tour and plan to put it in the Storm 2 when I start using it again.

I also hear that there is a similar program being made by RIM. Honestly, I think that it's for the best, as it might deter phone theft.

06-27-10 08:28 PM
    There is a new program on AppWorld called Lookout and it offers the option to remotely wipe a device should it be lost. I recently installed it on my Tour and plan to put it in the Storm 2 when I start using it again.

I also hear that there is a similar program being made by RIM. Honestly, I think that it's for the best, as it might deter phone theft.

oh yes, i do hear of apps that allow you to track your bb location and remotely wipe the phone...but...unless the apps is from RIM itself...otherwise.. i wont even use it...

reason is...they requires me to register with them...i mean they are 3rd party...and by registering with them....its quite a security thingy...unsafe... what if these 3rd party apps servers got hack? and the hacker activated all the remote wipe? woohoo good luck dude....we never know...one day the 3rd party just wipe out phone without a notice...

this is just like iphones...their root password is default and anyone can sudo in the wipe the iphones i think...thats why these days...even my friends complaint to me about virus in iphones..esp after they jailbreak...

however, if the remote wipe software is from RIM itself... at least if anything happens...RIM is accountable for...cuz they made the phone and its their bb servers...anything that happens need someone to be made accountable for right? i guess so...
    06-27-10 09:29 PM
    AMAIZINGLYGRACELESS had the right answer from the get go guys..... He's usually right on the money.
    06-30-10 07:00 AM
    Hi everybody.
    I put the wrong code ten times and the phone now, has the network blocked. What can I do now?
    Anyone can help me, Please?
    07-02-10 04:32 PM
    It doesn�t accept any sim card!
    07-02-10 04:34 PM
    Once you enter the wrong MEP code 10 times (this after you type mepd and mep2.) you can not unlock phone at all. It will work on branded carrier but will not work on any other carrier. NO way around this, carrier or BB can't fix.
    Kiwistat likes this.
    07-02-10 04:46 PM
    Once you enter the wrong MEP code 10 times (this after you type mepd and mep2.) you can not unlock phone at all. It will work on branded carrier but will not work on any other carrier. NO way around this, carrier or BB can't fix.
    This is something interesting. I never pay much attention to it.

So you mean the phone will deem as a useless phone forever?
    07-02-10 05:09 PM
    Phone will work just fine with the original carrier. IE if you have a Verizon storm it will work on Verizon you just can not unlock it to use with other gsm carriers.
    07-02-10 05:12 PM
    But the phone doesn't even work on the original network.
    07-02-10 05:15 PM
    The message is the same: invalid sim card
    07-02-10 05:16 PM
    Then the carrier has blocked and put on lost or stolen list or for non payment of bill.
    07-02-10 05:18 PM
    If only all bb phone by default will call the original owner.

I mean.... you lost your phone and someone pick it up but not returning you. So when they remove your sim or they tried multiple times to unlock your phone.... then the person insert his/her sim into your bb phone and power on....the bb phone auto initiate a call or sms to inform the owner the "dishonest' person number. thats so cool right? at least can negotiate how to take back the lost phone.
    07-02-10 05:27 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD