Hi everyone, I just recently uograded to an android via cus care so I'm waiting for it to come in. Altough I would like to switch back and forth to my bb, would this be possible to have a bb data plan on an android?
    Currently they have set my data plan to change in a couple days when my android will come. I had the $19.99 plan and they switched me to the $20 for android. Will I be able to get my bb data $19.99 if my first question is possible? Thanks in advance and waiting anxiously for an answer....

btw, i am upgrading to a mytouch slide- if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Han-ShinBi; 06-27-10 at 03:35 PM.
    06-27-10 03:07 PM
    Your Berry will not be able to use BIS on an Android data plan. Android phones need the Android data plan to work properly.

06-27-10 04:12 PM
    Your BB data WILL work on a android phone!! You will not get the proper VVM provisioning. So if you don't use that then go for it!!

06-28-10 05:17 PM
    As fjerske said, if you use BB data on an Android, then the only thing that won't work is the VVM. If you can live with that, you're good to go.

so, if you're planning to swap between a BB and Android in the future, it may be best to stick with the 19.99 BB plan and you shouldn't have any problems.
    06-28-10 10:22 PM
    That is very good to know. I have the 19.99 BIS, right now I am using a dash (got my BB wet..lol) and I am using BB Connect. I was considering trying an Android but don't want to give up my plan.
    06-29-10 12:01 AM
    Yeah you should be fine, Miz. You can use any phone you'd like.
    06-29-10 09:20 AM
    Double check with tmo... I bought a g1 to switch back and forth with my 8520 they lock the apn or something so the data on the g1 won't work many calls to tmo they say I have to call and change my data plan every time I change phones..

06-30-10 07:13 PM
    its not sapose to work i have seen some cases where it does but its not sapose to...the android service comes from t-mobile where the BB service actualy comes from RIM wich is why they have to be switched even tho its the same price
    06-30-10 07:24 PM
    I personally don't use vvm- youmail user here. So are there people who are currently doing this? I would really like to keep my bb data to use bb when we get a good one coming.

07-01-10 12:59 AM
    hi everyone, i tried it this morning. it was working, then i turned off the phone to charge. later this evening it's no longer working. so now i have to switch to android b/c it doesn't work!
    btw, i'm on a grandfathered plan so yeah, there goes my $19.99 bb data- dunno if i'll ever be able to get a $20 pricing for bb in the future when i can get a bb
    Last edited by Han-ShinBi; 07-02-10 at 01:27 AM.
    07-02-10 01:22 AM
    hi everyone, i tried it this morning. it was working, then i turned off the phone to charge. later this evening it's no longer working. so now i have to switch to android b/c it doesn't work!
    btw, i'm on a grandfathered plan so yeah, there goes my $19.99 bb data- dunno if i'll ever be able to get a $20 pricing for bb in the future when i can get a bb
    very sorry to tell u its 24.99 if you sign up for a new two year agreement otherwise its 30$ a month and i highly doubt its going to go down...right now tho we are running a special if you sign up for a new data plan your fist month is free
    07-02-10 06:42 PM
    I switch my 9700 for my G1 every now and again. And it always worked with my BIS plan. Even this morning I had no problems.

07-04-10 04:05 PM
    I switch my 9700 for my G1 every now and again. And it always worked with my BIS plan. Even this morning I had no problems.

wow you're so lucky! how long do you leave it in for, the whole day?
    07-06-10 04:30 AM
    when I switch over I usally keep it for 3-4 days. No issues.

07-07-10 09:57 AM
    It's usually not possible. So those of you getting away with it are lucky.
    07-07-10 11:13 AM
    Well folks I returned my slide and ordered me a 9700. Hopefully it'll work 2 yrs from now for me lol!

07-07-10 06:44 PM
    I did the same thing. I switched to the slide and I can tell you, your bb WILL NOT work on android data. When the sales lady in the store switch me over to android data, data on my BB ceased to work!

I actually had to call Tmo and have them temporarily turn it back on so I could get ahold of my BBM contacts to let them know I had changed phones.

But after a about a week and a half with the slide, I went back to my 8900 and currently scouting ebay for a 9700. Nothing like a blackberry I guess!
    07-07-10 09:26 PM
    I did the same thing. I switched to the slide and I can tell you, your bb WILL NOT work on android data. When the sales lady in the store switch me over to android data, data on my BB ceased to work!

I actually had to call Tmo and have them temporarily turn it back on so I could get ahold of my BBM contacts to let them know I had changed phones.

But after a about a week and a half with the slide, I went back to my 8900 and currently scouting ebay for a 9700. Nothing like a blackberry I guess!
    lol i did the same exact thing when i was with sprint going form a 8330 to a samsung moment...after 5 days of no BBM i went crazy and took it back got my 8330 turned back on and then got a tour off ebay for 150$ and saved the upgrade
    07-07-10 11:20 PM
    lol! i guess i'm not alone. tmo dept thinks i'm crazy for picking a bb lol- at least everyone that i talked to owns an android.
    07-08-10 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD