So my mom recently got the pink blackberry pearl flip 8220 from Rogers, unlocked without a data plan and everything basically works fine. My carrier is tmobile, and so is my moms. However, the phone is unable to pick up uma. On my blackberry curve 8900 the wifi signal thing is colored in and has a check when you go under wifi options while on my moms phone it has a dash. There is also an x on the connection when it is suppose to be a check. The phone keeps recognizing the carrier as AT&T unless we are otside with coverage, then it shows up as t-mobile. I was wondering if there is a way to set up the uma service on the phone to work on the tmobile service?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 02:25 PM
    So my mom recently got the pink blackberry pearl flip 8220 from Rogers, unlocked without a data plan and everything basically works fine. My carrier is tmobile, and so is my moms. However, the phone is unable to pick up uma. On my blackberry curve 8900 the wifi signal thing is colored in and has a check when you go under wifi options while on my moms phone it has a dash. There is also an x on the connection when it is suppose to be a check. The phone keeps recognizing the carrier as AT&T unless we are otside with coverage, then it shows up as t-mobile. I was wondering if there is a way to set up the uma service on the phone to work on the tmobile service?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    if you brought it from at&t unlocked it and moved to tmobile you may need to register it on tmobile for the usage of UMA... i seen other ppl have this issue before and they had to let the carrier know so they can register the unit on their systems.
    Last edited by DemonKnight; 06-28-10 at 11:23 AM. Reason: i cant type!
    06-28-10 11:22 AM
    yeah, I bought my phone with t-mobile and my uma was working fine until a day or two earlier. no damage has been done recently and I do not have a data plan. I've had no problem with this phone for one year, and all of a sudden I cannot use mini opera but am still able to connect to wifi. any help please? and yes i have tried a battery pull as well.
    07-02-10 09:07 PM
    Since the phone was originally on AT&T, it won't be configured for UMA. You will need to put on your nerd glasses and go into the phone's engineering screens to add a T-Mobile UMA profile. There are step-by-step instructions at the link below...

Use any UMA enabled BlackBerry on T-Mobile | BlackBerry Rocks!

...except the first thing you will notice when you try it is that steps 3-7 no longer work.

[Edit: You can ignore all but the last paragraph below. There is a working code generator here: Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best ]

There's an app for that. Google bbescreen.zip, download it to your PC, and unzip it. Start Desktop Manager, connect the ex-AT&T Flip to your PC by USB cable, and cancel any updates DM wants to do. Click on Application Loader, click on Add/Remove Applications, click Browse..., find the alx file you unzipped, and click Open. After it installs, disconnect the USB cable.

Step 1: proceed with Step 1 as listed in the above instructions.

Step 2: Grab a pencil and paper. On the BlackBerry, go into the downloads folder, find and start the BBEscreen app. Move the cursor to one of the text fields and press the Menu button. If the menu has the item Enable Multitap, click it.

Step 3: Hold Alt-Caps-H for a second until the Help Me! screen comes up. Write down the app version including the the number in parentheses; write down the uptime. Press Alt-Escape to toggle over to BBEscreen.

Step 4: Enter the app version including the number in parentheses. Enter the uptime in seconds. Click Menu, Get Key. Write down the key. Press Alt-Escape to toggle back to Help Me! screen.

Step 5: proceed with Step 8 and onward in the instructions.

Entering the key code on a Flip can be a little funky. If the top right corner of the Help Me! screen shows capslock [aA], press the shift (aA) key on the phone; if it shows numlock [123], press the alt key. Then enter the key code as per step 8 in the instructions.
    Last edited by hubermania; 07-02-10 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added working code generator link
    07-02-10 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD