so far each bold that i had , has issues. it may work fine for the most , a week and than it all goes downhill. my phone is constantly freezing up on me in bbm . i have tried removing battery and nothing helps. now waiting for my 3rd one. if this one sucks too i may have to just get the new curve instead. i cant believe how bad a new phone can be. I dont understand how so many ppl are getting perfect ones and i had 2 lemons so far..

my 30 days is almost up and after that they will only give me refurbished replacements which i dont want .

anyone have advice for me?
    06-26-10 09:48 PM
    I'm on my third Sprint Bold. Seems quality is surely lacking. Good luck.
    06-26-10 09:56 PM
    Maybe you guys are overly picky? Mine works great!
    06-26-10 09:59 PM
    I am doubtful it's pickiness. I just switched to the Bold from the Storm 9530. My wife had a storm and so did a person I work with. Their Storms work fine and always have. Mine was constantly freezing and running out of memory. I deleted apps, I shrunk OS, I cleaned memory, but was still doing battery pulls constantly. I think some devices just are glitchy while an identical one will be fine. Hopefully though a replacement device will sooner or later be good.
    06-26-10 10:04 PM
    I am doubtful it's pickiness. I just switched to the Bold from the Storm 9530. My wife had a storm and so did a person I work with. Their Storms work fine and always have. Mine was constantly freezing and running out of memory. I deleted apps, I shrunk OS, I cleaned memory, but was still doing battery pulls constantly. I think some devices just are glitchy while an identical one will be fine. Hopefully though a replacement device will sooner or later be good.
    Strange that all the phones have been running outta memory (not saying your lying just that its strange) being that the bold has the most memory of any bb on the market. I've had mine for a few days now and been prety good for the most part with the exception of some lag whicj happens on ALL blackberries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 10:55 PM
    When it comes to memory, its the user and their software and application choices.

06-26-10 10:56 PM
    Has anyone had more dropped calls with their Bold than other models they have had?
    06-26-10 11:31 PM
    the only dropped calls that i have had is when i bury my phone under my chin and hold it with my shoulder lol. then it kills the antenna and within 10 seconds its tri tones dropped call. had a tour. this bold is FANTASTIC. ive been using a bb for a long time and this bold is great. its far better than the tour was (buggy trackball). and the os is good. sure theres some lag sometimes but its a comptuer u can expect a little sometimes.
    06-26-10 11:41 PM
    There's a ton of people who complained about a bunch of Storm problems...

Then you have those who say their Storm is 100% solid.

Its all the same crap for basically any phone... Individual user experiences are not helpful for people as a whole, because they are representative of nothing more than a certain OS/certain handset/certain usage in a certain location.

06-26-10 11:59 PM
    Has anyone had more dropped calls with their Bold than other models they have had?
    Yes at least 2 dropped calls a day for me. I've never had these many dropped calls on any phone before.
    06-27-10 12:45 AM
    I just traded mine in.

I had the crooked trackpad, rippling on the screen when the back or end buttons were pressed, abysmal battery life, and really awful reception that a) helped to worsen already abysmal battery life and b) drop calls worse than when I was had iPhone on AT&T.

Second one: No rippling, great battery. The jury is still out on the radio, but it does seem better. However, I still have a raised/crooked trackpad, and the build quality on this phone is less sturdy. The trackpad is a bit loose and i can feel it shift around ever so slightly when i scroll around.

From what the sales rep at BB Mobile told me, these are both from the same original batch shipment they received during release, and they aren't expecting another one for 2 months because they cannot really push enough of the units fast enough. So if you are debating it, you should really try your luck. It's definitely an improvement over the first.

Those are my experiences.
    06-27-10 12:47 AM
    So far so GREAT with the Bold! Yea, I didn't notice that the Trackpad was slightly askew
    But, it works great (left is just a 'lil bit raised up). So far this phone is 90% better than the old Tour. I expect it to go to 100 in about a week

06-27-10 12:57 AM
    I know this advice will probably frustrate you further, but i am 150% satisfied with my bold 9650. Granted, I am using Verizon, so there may be slight differences. I guess you should just keep exchanging until you get a solid device. I promise you that it's worth it. You shouldn't feel bad, because at the price you're paying, you deserve a quality phone. Sprint/Verizon employees are notorious for pulling the "wear and tear" card when your phone experiences a problem after its warranty expires. Don't let them stick you with a phone that will only break down the road!
    06-27-10 01:02 AM
    I know this advice will probably frustrate you further, but i am 150% satisfied with my bold 9650. Granted, I am using Verizon, so there may be slight differences. I guess you should just keep exchanging until you get a solid device. I promise you that it's worth it. You shouldn't feel bad, because at the price you're paying, you deserve a quality phone. Sprint/Verizon employees are notorious for pulling the "wear and tear" card when your phone experiences a problem after its warranty expires. Don't let them stick you with a phone that will only break down the road!
    To add on to that post, make SURE that it's a new phone you're getting. I was a first-day'er for the Palm Pre. And I was, like alot of other people, given the unfortunate batch that had a metric asston of issues. Put it this way, if I closed my Pre too hard, it would turn off. Something to do with jostling the battery.

I traded it in for money back and an 8330, and my friends told me that someone signed on as me and was utterly confused as to why random people were messaging him.

Turns out they just sold him the phone that I had used, without even wiping it. I wouldn't be surprised if they just toss the returned phones into circulation to be resold.
    06-27-10 01:07 AM
    My Bold is flawless
    06-27-10 01:22 AM
    Compared to phones made by motorola , apple (- antenna issues on 4) ,htc , blackberrys are made very cheap and have no quality control or care about how solid or well the device performs. Look at the new iphone it has no loose parts its made of aluminum ,made to last. Bold has 95 % plastic and feels cheap and inexpensive compared to other makers.

06-27-10 06:31 AM
    All BB devices run slow because of a subpar processor and lack of internal memory. Im getting tired of seeing that little time clock show up on my screen every time my phone freezes and i still can't figure out why it takes ten minutes to reboot my storm 9550.
    06-27-10 07:19 AM
    the only dropped calls that i have had is when i bury my phone under my chin and hold it with my shoulder lol. then it kills the antenna and within 10 seconds its tri tones dropped call. had a tour. this bold is FANTASTIC. ive been using a bb for a long time and this bold is great. its far better than the tour was (buggy trackball). and the os is good. sure theres some lag sometimes but its a comptuer u can expect a little sometimes.
    Hi you sound like a person with reasonable expectations. I get a lag too (not the hour glass though) after I enter a password. The BB will lag with an icon highlighted for 5 - 10 seconds. Is this what you mean ? Did not have this issue with the Curve 8330. I only have 5 or so apps.

Anyway just wanted to get your thoughts.

PS as one with a herniated cervical (neck) disk; putting any phone between the ear and shoulder is the worse thing you can do to your neck
    06-27-10 08:54 AM
    All BB devices run slow because of a subpar processor and lack of internal memory. Im getting tired of seeing that little time clock show up on my screen every time my phone freezes and i still can't figure out why it takes ten minutes to reboot my storm 9550.
    Lack of internal memory on the Bold 9650??? You are badly mistaken. BTW, have not even had one dropped call in over 3 weeks of ownership.
    06-27-10 08:57 AM
    Yes at least 2 dropped calls a day for me. I've never had these many dropped calls on any phone before.
    I only had maybe 2 dropped calls in 9 months on my Tour, but those were calls with ATT users, LOL. I have not had any with my Bold 9650.
    On Verizon dial *228>Send>Option 2 to update your network PRL to version 51920. This should increase your roaming capabilities at least. Dial #4357* Send to see the PRL version.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 06-27-10 at 12:23 PM.
    06-27-10 10:46 AM
    My bold lags more then my tour and storm 2 surprisingly....I think its software related.....regardless the droid x is looking very interesting to me more every day sadly.

06-27-10 10:49 AM
    My Bold is fine..
    06-27-10 10:59 AM
    Yep, all the time. AND I have a freezing issue, too. I may be just days away from my 30-day replacement and am seriously considering an HTC Evo (Droid)
    06-27-10 06:03 PM
    My Bold is PERFECT! Was your phone snappy on the first day you had it with default settings/apps? Maybe there is a specific application, theme or setting that is degrading performance for some users.
    06-27-10 07:09 PM
    Man, I came over from winmo where I've been for the past couple years. Talk about slow outta the box devices that need tweaking before using. My BOLD is a dream compared to some of those other phones I've used. After a few simple tweaks my bold runs very snappy and I'm quite pleased with it. I don't bog it down or ask it to do to much at once, but what it does it does reliably and well. i had a couple drop calls in 5 weeks I've had it , but none lately, after some simple tweaking. My sig bars are steady and RF is very good. Volume is great for me and not up full. Vibe is perfect I hate a too strong vibe that everybody in the room hears, LOL. Maybe the OS6 will make it even better if we even get it. All speculation at this point. If someone doesn't like any phone , thats what the 30 day trial is good for. BB's are def not for everybody, but neither are droids.
    06-27-10 07:21 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD