Somewhat misleading title?
    On Phonedog.com I saw that several models S2, Incredible...can't remember but there was probably 4 they mentioned...might be on the way out? They suggested it could be a simple move on VZ's site as they are re-SKUing some of these phones to fit them in a different family? I guess I'm confused as to why they would consider or there would be speculation out there when they can't even keep a phone on the shelf due to popularity and there's speculation they're already moving on to different phones?
    Are we reaching the point where literally as soon as you buy a phone there's already something better?
    I realize it's seemed that way for some time but the way they're coming up with new tech and raising the bar so often, it's insane the amount of newer techier stuff there is. Would they kill a phone so soon just because something better is coming up?
    Last edited by BADTOLZ; 06-25-10 at 03:12 PM.
    06-25-10 03:10 PM
    HTC DROID Eris phased out by Verizon, Incredible may be next

Here's where I found it....could be a misunderstanding on my part.
    06-25-10 03:16 PM
    The article is stating pretty clearly that supply issues may force the Incredible to be phased out. The ship date on those things is now the end of July. By then, the two new Motorola Droids will be out (or early August, whenever).

What I find more interesting on that list of "phaseout/closeout devices" is that the BB 8230 Pearl Flip isn't on it.

Sucks for the Droid owners, the Incredible didn't even have a chance to get off the ground it seems. I'd hate to be the HTC Incredible product manager at VZW...
    06-25-10 06:46 PM
    I spent about an hour talking to some Verizon guys at the mall today. Kool guys. We chatted about Android, iPhone and BlackBerry. While the whole time chatting, I was playing around with the Droid and Incredible. Man, that Incredible was flying!!! i was using the web, Google Maps, nav, and anything I could turn on and this thing was QUICK.
    06-25-10 06:54 PM
    I wonder if the incredible will go like the Tour. Not really gone, just renamed with a few tweeks. Not good news though and I think I would be mad if they do because its sad having a phone that gets EOL'd before it's 1st birthday. Hope they keep up updates on it.
    06-25-10 07:58 PM
    If anything, It would be due to the AMOLED screen shortage issue. At some point, as more comparable android devices come out, people are going to be less and less willing to wait 3-4 weeks to get ahold of an incredible when they can walk into any store and get a droid x, droid 2 and whatever other droid phones are going to be offered soon.
    06-26-10 06:55 AM
    There has to be more than a screen shortage to this incredible thing. Other htc devices use the same type of screen and they are not out of stock. Look at the new sprint phone it was out of stock for only a few days and they sold just like the incredible did something is screwy here! Same manufacturer just larger screen come on there has to be something else going on IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 08:38 AM
    It stinks. I wasn't due for an upgrade until October. With that said, I was almost willing to drop retail money for it. If there's going to be something comparable...or even better coming up, I'm gonna save money and just wait until October. Unfortunate that I can honestly say VZ lost getting my extra $300-$400. But good for me I guess. Yeah I think it's the best smart phone out there (even though they're nowhere). They missed a golden opportunity to make a nice chunk of change off that phone. But then again, they're gonna get my/our money anyway.....drats...they win. Awesome phone.
    06-26-10 07:19 PM
    It really is a great phone, VzW is losing out on so much not being able to sell it. HTC is really messing up here, people are going to jump to the big thing and forget all about it just like the TP2...
    06-28-10 10:42 AM
    I thought it might happen only because the supply doesn't meet the demand and the new droid x will be out soon
    06-28-10 02:37 PM
    FTR it was the Storm1 on that list, NOT the Storm2, and it was already discontinued, as was the Tour, and now the Eris, looks like the Incredible is NEXT on that list, but you can't see the date, that part of the list is conveniently blocked.
    06-28-10 03:24 PM
    I think the screen crisis that they were facing has finally been resolved and I highly doubt that such a new device at this point would be discontinued.

HTC will be switching to a Sony Super LCD screen instead of the current AMOLED which will help stocking levels. Check out the post here. http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-ad...per-lcd-panels
    06-28-10 03:44 PM
    It stinks. I wasn't due for an upgrade until October. With that said, I was almost willing to drop retail money for it. If there's going to be something comparable...or even better coming up, I'm gonna save money and just wait until October. Unfortunate that I can honestly say VZ lost getting my extra $300-$400. But good for me I guess. Yeah I think it's the best smart phone out there (even though they're nowhere). They missed a golden opportunity to make a nice chunk of change off that phone. But then again, they're gonna get my/our money anyway.....drats...they win. Awesome phone.
    I wouldn't sweat it too much. The Droid X is what I would look into if that's the direction you want to go. At this point, it will be worth the wait, now that the posted ship date for the Incredible is July 27th, and some rumors have the Droid X coming out sometime in July...so...
    06-29-10 12:19 AM
    Hey, now they can't keep the Droid X on the shelves....delayed until the re-release of the Incredible too...according to VZ site.
    07-28-10 02:35 AM
    The incredible will be around for awhile , lol and getting my DX today(as soon as fedx delievers it ) YaY , both the D-INC and DX
    07-28-10 06:03 AM
    I had the Dx, and in messing with my best friends Dinc, the HTC device is faster, scrolls smoother, and the screen looks better.

There is room in VZW's line up for both I think.
    07-28-10 06:48 AM
    Yeah I think froyo will help and motorola just needs to tweak a few things. A co-worker already has the DX. I wasn't going to give up my D-INC(amoled screen) for the DX but an upgrade came available .
    07-28-10 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD