I just got my S2 and want to transfer my contacts, settings, speed dial, fonts, emails, SMS's, Visual Voice Mails, etc. I realize the S1 has a different OS than the S2. Now, do I just do a complete back up of the S1 and then restore "this" to the S2? Or do I take a more selective approach. I have Device Manager and know how to get to the "boxes to check off" area. I don't want to carry and bunch of "junk" from the S1 to the new S2. I have no apps I want to transfer.

I am 50 + years of age. Please be kind. There is a difference between "ignorance" and "stupidity". Won't you agree?
    06-25-10 03:08 PM
    In Desktop Manager, there is a Switch Device wizard (lower left icon) that will set it all up for you. No muss, no fuss.
    06-25-10 03:27 PM
    Must be stupid. Don't see it. Oops, or is this another one of the items not included in the Mac version of DM?
    06-25-10 03:39 PM
    Be careful because some people have complained of a laggy s2 when doing this. I prefered to type everything in from scratch and 1 month on with 20 or so apps mine is still flying!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 01:08 AM
    Be careful because some people have complained of a laggy s2 when doing this. I prefered to type everything in from scratch and 1 month on with 20 or so apps mine is still flying!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    NEVER had a problem with device switch wizard.
    06-26-10 01:35 AM
    My last device was a Pearl 8130; when I got my S2 the store said they couldn't transfer anything and they were at a loss as to why. So, I took my newly-activated S2 home, plugged it in, and did a restore with DM. There were a few settings that I had to manually adjust due to OS differences but aside from that it went beautifully.
    06-26-10 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD