While at the Sprint store having my BB tour worked on.. The Technician told me that refurbished phones are basically new phones. New screen, keyboard, shell the only thing is the mother boards are reused That why they are called refurbished.. This makes no sense to me is this true anyone know?
    06-25-10 01:59 PM
    I believe that's correct, I regularly buy refurb since its cheaper and usually works the same. In fact one person actually gave it his undivided attention.
    Maybe ask Kevin-at-crackberry-dot-com he would prob know better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 04:36 PM
    I was told the same thing at the Sprint store and after looking at it I couldn't find a reason to say otherwise

06-25-10 04:40 PM
    I think that is correct.
    06-25-10 04:55 PM
    When any phone is swapped out or has to be fixed at the sprint store you will get a refurb,but you may get lucky and get a new one sometimes.
    06-25-10 06:09 PM
    Yeah I believe this is true. That's the reason the refurbs always look brand new.
    06-27-10 01:36 PM
    I used to work for AT&T back when they were known as Southwestern Bell Mobile System's. Refurbished in the early to mid 90's meant we just wiped it down with a damp paper towel!
    06-27-10 04:38 PM
    While at the Sprint store having my BB tour worked on.. The Technician told me that refurbished phones are basically new phones. New screen, keyboard, shell the only thing is the mother boards are reused That why they are called refurbished.. This makes no sense to me is this true anyone know?
    That is correct. They even replace the battery, which is why you don't send the battery or the back cover in on an insurance replacement.

06-27-10 05:34 PM
    When I got my refurbed Tour, I was actually disappointed, the screen was actually a tad bit dimmer and had a slight yellow tint to it, kinda looked like it had aged...I thought maybe it was just me until I put it next to another Tour and turned both screens brightness up....that phone was also a tad bit on the laggy side as compared to my previous Tour...I've never had a problem with a refurbed before until this past one...
    06-27-10 10:59 PM
    Whew!! It took 3 refurbished phones before they got it right, the first, keys stuck, the second, wouldn't connect to the internet, the third, screen was blank, fourth a charm, finally but through them all, they look brand new, but make no mistake I checked they all said refurbished
    06-30-10 08:54 AM
    I was told the same thing at the Sprint store and after looking at it I couldn't find a reason to say otherwise

I 2nd that. Just got a refurb as I had radio issues with my Tour and got a replacement at the tech center. Looks and feels just as new
    06-30-10 10:00 PM
    Typically the process of refurbishment is to replace all of the outer pieces of a device that could be damaged/scratched by normal wear and tear and to replace the battery. So no it's not a new phone, but it shouldn't have a scratch on it either..
    07-02-10 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD