I have a sweet plan right now but my contract is almost up. I wanted to upgrade to a new phone but retention said that they can't renew my contract as it stands right now, and if I want a new phone I'd have to take the offers they have. No comps what so ever, even though I've been with Telus for almost 9 years now.
    Any Telus CSR's able to help me out?

Plan:
    300 anytime minutes
    nights/wkends @6pm
    unlimited data
    unlimited txt
    call id/VM/call wait
    all on a BB Pearl (oh god I hate it and want the 9700)

$45 per month including fees and taxes.

Thanks!
    06-24-10 09:38 PM
    If you want any chances of keeping your current plan, you have to stay on the CDMA network. That means the Curve2, Storm2, or if you wait and Telus actually releases it, you might be able to get the 9650. No clue when it might come, or if it will come.

But if you want the 9700, you have no choice but to switch plans as that's on the new HSPA network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Krypto; 06-25-10 at 02:32 AM.
    06-24-10 11:41 PM
    I don't post here often (since the Tour came out) but I got a question as well.

I need to switch my phone because it is crapping out on me and was wondering if I go and switch my phone will they give me back another Tour or give me the 9700?

My friend switched and got the 9700, that's why I'm wondering or were they just lucky.

Thanks in advance!
    06-25-10 03:50 PM
    If they have Tours available, you'll get another Tour. If there are no available refurbished Tours, then you may get a different device. But be aware that if you get something like a 9700, you may need to change your plan unless you already have a plan that is compatible with the HSPA system.
    06-25-10 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the help Krypto!
    Would you happen to know why they can't move the plan over? What is the actual reason they can't just activate the 9700 with this plan?
    I'm just curious so I know what to push for when I call.
    thanks!
    06-25-10 06:45 PM
    apparently many of the codes for those options (like unlimited data) don't exist in the system for the HSPA network.
    06-25-10 08:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply Krypto.
    I have the Smart 50 (I think that's what it's called) with unlimited msging. Is that compatible?
    06-25-10 11:44 PM
    from what i hear it varies plan to plan. I've heard reps say, yea we can emulate that on the new network but its a crap shoot.
    07-01-10 07:09 PM
    I have a similar plan and am looking to keep the same plan but move to the new network.

5 guys I referred to Telus were successful in porting their old plans over to the new network through a local Telus Business Rep.Now, it seems we can't get ahold of the guy to do mine.

Anyone got any insight? Everyone else has pretty much said its impossible but I'm sure if ya get ahold of the CEO's office, it might help. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
    07-04-10 08:27 AM
    im sure they can but they just dont want to give people such good deals is what the problem is. they can do anything they want but they say u cant so you wont keep complaining
    07-04-10 03:30 PM
    Sometimes you have to eat it a bit if you want to upgrade. The choice is yours. If you can't find the guy who will do it, you're out of luck. Good luck getting anyone else to do it. Now then as to the guy, he might be on vacation, or maybe he got let go thanks to him doing things against corporate policy. Don't forget, you can get in trouble for allowing things that aren't really allowed.

By the way, going to the CEO's office won't help either. Its a company policy and they're still unlikely to do anything more then apologize for their inability to do it and that's about all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 11:10 AM
    ^^ seconded. I've seen way too many people (telus reps) doing/offering things they shouldn't and then bad things coming of it. Just the same i'm curious if it can be done by this so called business rep...
    07-09-10 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD