Ok, so I'll be getting my Bold 9700 again soon and I think I want to pack it with a 32gb memory card. I've found one on ebay (New 32GB Micro SD SDHC TF Trans Flash Memory Card 32G - eBay (item 330442280085 end time Jul-11-10 20:52:38 PDT)), but I'm not too sure about it because I've heard about avoiding eBay for the purchase of said memory cards. On the other hand, there's a 16gb memory card from a reputable site (I've ordered from them before) here- SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Memory Card - Up To 16GB microSD Memory Card and it's SanDisk

So my question is...Do I take a chance on the 32gb card? (it seems like everything checks out; seller has good feedback, and quite a few have been sold).

Or, just get the 16gb card from the site that I trust?

What do ya think?

EDIT: I already know that the Bold 9700 will support 32gb (per the RIM website)
    Last edited by Simba501; 06-24-10 at 11:11 AM.
    06-24-10 10:32 AM
    I believe the limit on microSD cards for the 9700 is 16GB. So go for the 16GB one
    06-24-10 10:47 AM
    I'm sure some have had good luck buying SD Cards off eBay... not many if you go by the number of issues around here. Buy SD Cards from reliable sources... Amazon.com, NewEgg.com are two VERY reliable sources... but Good Luck if you try eBay, but please don't come back crying if it doesn't work.
    06-24-10 10:49 AM
    I believe the limit on microSD cards for the 9700 is 16GB. So go for the 16GB one
    And 32GB cards WILL work on an OS 5.0 device.
    06-24-10 10:50 AM
    This is incorrect. 32GB cards will work. The issue is that one may not get a legit 32GB card when purchasing from eBay.
    06-24-10 10:51 AM
    First, I doubt the limit for any newer berry is 16 gb. Second, you should check that seller's feedback.

He/she's sold 189 of those SD cards so there's bound to be some feedback related to those cards on there. If you still don't trust the seller after checking the feedback, then go ahead and buy the 16gb that you are sure of.
    06-24-10 10:52 AM
    Yea, I meant to put a little disclaimer in there about how I don't know from personal experience...just what I gathered from reading the specs:

Internal 256MB storage, 256 MB RAM
    Card slot microSD, up to 16GB, 2GB included
    06-24-10 10:55 AM
    16Gb's is a lot of stuff.
    06-24-10 11:05 AM
    Yea, I meant to put a little disclaimer in there about how I don't know from personal experience...just what I gathered from reading the specs:

Internal 256MB storage, 256 MB RAM
    Card slot microSD, up to 16GB, 2GB included
    Here is the definitive answer. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-...ckberry-91909/
    06-24-10 11:07 AM
    I say get it from eBay, test it out to ensure it is actually 32GB and if not send it back!
    06-24-10 11:11 AM
    If it is on eBay as 32Gb before SanDisk, Kingston or even A-Data have announced similar products then imo, this eBay product is a scam. Do not buy.

You should look at this SD cards branded with an upper-case 'I' are faster, yo -- Engadget since even though this post realtes to SD cards only and not to microSDHC cards, the standards for measurung SD cards apears to be changing. We may soon not longer have Class 2, 4, 6 and above cards.

The new "I" cards will become the norm.
    06-24-10 11:12 AM
    Well done lak611... those were the same numbers I was going to post... it's not device dependent, it's OS dependent!!!
    06-24-10 11:13 AM
    Abotu a year or so ago I wrote up a huge post about microSD cards, their capacities and what fits what.

Have a look even though it may be a bit dated now http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/.
    06-24-10 11:26 AM
    If it is on eBay as 32Gb before SanDisk, Kingston or even A-Data have announced similar products then imo, this eBay product is a scam. Do not buy.

You should look at this SD cards branded with an upper-case 'I' are faster, yo -- Engadget since even though this post realtes to SD cards only and not to microSDHC cards, the standards for measurung SD cards apears to be changing. We may soon not longer have Class 2, 4, 6 and above cards.

The new "I" cards will become the norm.
    SanDisk announced their 32gb's a few months back: Clicky Clicky-2

Just sayin'.
    06-24-10 11:26 AM
    I personally have a 32gb card from ebay an it work fine an I upgraded my os to .602 but some of them on ebay are not good but I took a risk an it works great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 11:30 AM
    SanDisk announced their 32gb's a few months back: Clicky Clicky-2

Just sayin'.
    You are right. It was announced buy ya can't buy one yet.

If eBay is selling 32Gb cards, then in all probablility these are fakes. I should have been clearer.
    06-24-10 11:30 AM
    Its legit enuff for me. TransFlash is a legit brand which I see it in store where I am. The only worry is that are the internal works of the card legit enuff? These are mostly manufactured in Shenzhen or Guangzhou and people there have ways to wrap in something inside and make the outside looks nice. How about getting a iPhone lookaline for US$100? Looks like one, feels like one, operates like one (on the home screen), syncs to iTunes but its not an true iPhone.
    The other thing is that this brand may be unstable for such large memory size so if you get it, please post your comments.
    06-24-10 11:38 AM
    Its legit enuff for me. TransFlash is a legit brand which I see it in store where I am. The only worry is that are the internal works of the card legit enuff? These are mostly manufactured in Shenzhen or Guangzhou and people there have ways to wrap in something inside and make the outside looks nice. How about getting a iPhone lookaline for US$100? Looks like one, feels like one, operates like one (on the home screen), syncs to iTunes but its not an true iPhone.
    The other thing is that this brand may be unstable for such large memory size so if you get it, please post your comments.
    Anyone can print a label. TransFlash is another Generic name for the technology of Flash cards.

eBay themselves have an article on the perils of buying SD and microSD cards on eBay. They especially single out 32Gb cards in the title. Here is the article eBay Guides - Beware of new 32Gb sd cards.

What more can be said here?
    06-24-10 11:44 AM
    It's the usual thing about cheap eBay memory that seems too good to be true- it usually is. You can modify any flash-based memory (USB drives, SD / microSD cards, MP3 players, etc) to report any size if you know how, but the capacity remains the same. It even appears to work- until you try actually writing more than the true capacity. Usually I've found that the 'better' ones "doubles back" on itself, so seems to write fine, but can't be read properly. There's some software you can run to determine actual storage size and reformat, but the wisest thing is to steer clear if there's even a question. Unfortunately the fact that this is still an ongoing eBay issue after years shows that it's still profitable for sellers, and the suckers buying them aren't getting refunds :-p
    06-24-10 11:56 AM
    Buyers beware. If the deal is too good to be true.... I bought a 32GB SDHC for my BB from a guy in Hong Kong early this year and got burnt. Item looked like the real thing but whenever I insert it, I was getting an error message. Later the lettering started coming off the card. Had to ship it back and requested refund. No reply. Return shipping is not covered by Paypal and Paypal expects you to ship it back with tracking (or else no refund). Took over 3 months to get my refund from Paypal plus wasted time and lost shipping cost.
    My suggestion - If you can get it locally, do so. 32GB works fine on the BB. I currently have the 16GB but would get the 32GB if it is not a fake.
    06-24-10 01:08 PM
    Check Amazon or Newegg for Micro SD's at reasonable prices.

Something that caught my attention was the fact that the Class was not identified. The class designation denotes read/write speeds of the memory card, so a class 4 card will have faster read/write speeds than a class 2. Currently class 6 is the highest available.
    06-24-10 01:19 PM
    Check out the feedback, on the 32GB SD card, his whole will look good but if he no good back SD card just walk away. Check out this link he has answer all of my question, I am going with this guy.

Let us simplify your life! �

MicroSD 32GB TF Memory Card Micro SD 8GB 16GB 32GB PDA - eBay (item 270595678169 end time Jul-18-10 12:53:54 PDT)
    06-24-10 01:34 PM
    Check out the feedback, on the 32GB SD card, his whole will look good but if he no good back SD card just walk away. Check out this link he has answer all of my question, I am going with this guy.

Let us simplify your life! ™

MicroSD 32GB TF Memory Card Micro SD 8GB 16GB 32GB PDA - eBay (item 270595678169 end time Jul-18-10 12:53:54 PDT)
    If you are seriously going to buy a Class 2 Sandisk microSDHC card from a guy on eBay with a feedback score of 4 (I have 455 and a 100% record of buying and selling) when he is selling $100 less than SanDisk themselves for a new product then, good luck to you.
    06-24-10 02:08 PM
    I was wrong, SanDisk do sell 32Gb microSDHC cards but right now they are only Class 2. Here's the link SanDisk® microSDHC™ Card - Ideal Companion for Your Multimedia Phone.

They cost $199.99 from SanDisk themselves so they can only come down.

Class 2 - really? Sloooow.
    06-24-10 02:10 PM
    Abotu a year or so ago I wrote up a huge post about microSD cards, their capacities and what fits what.

Have a look even though it may be a bit dated now http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/.
    Thanks...I saw the link to the 32gbs SanDisk were selling too...I'm feeling that I don't want to take the chance on eBay and I don't want to spend the money on buying it straight from SanDisk...and most places I find online that I trust only have up to 16gb, so I'll just roll with that
    06-24-10 05:44 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD