OK, I have BB mail, POP3 mail, SMS. None of them have unread messages. There are no missed calls. I went into each message service, clicked on the very top and told it to mark all messages read, on the chance that somewhere in there is a oddly dated message.

I did a battery pull.

This happened after I updated to the latest OS this morning.

Facebook is caught up. No notifications showing for it.

I sent myself a message and then read and deleted it (yup, I am reading the forums looking for this problem).

The icon is a gold envelope with a red asterisk in its top right, under the battery indicator. It has a 2 to the left of it.

Make it stop!
    06-24-10 05:52 AM
    OK, I also looked at saved messages. Nothing in there. WTH?
    06-24-10 06:01 AM
    DUH! (*slaps head repeatedly and with great violence*). HIDDEN FOLDERS! This may shock the BBM lovers, but I don't use BBM. So I hid it. When I updated the OS, there were two new messages in BBM telling me I registered on the network. But since the folder was hidden I didn't see them.

Problem solved.
    06-24-10 06:12 AM
    Funny, I had that issue, but it said I had 18 emails. Didn't go away till probably the 5th battery pull. Though I'm not sure if it was my phone or something on the server side.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 07:51 AM
    I've had this problem too, usually when i'm messing with Hybrids. Sometimes a battery pull or two will fix it, sometimes it's a hidden e-mail box, sometimes it just goes away after a day or two. It's odd.
    06-24-10 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD