Data service has been extremely slow for a couple of days now. It's taking a minute or two for BBM messages to get sent, emails are lagging 15-20 minutes behind web-based, and my browser is crawling. I'm in St. Louis but my partner is in Houston and he seems to be experiencing the same thing. Anybody experiencing similar issues?
    06-23-10 06:11 PM
    I'm in FL at the moment. No 3G signal. Browser slow, *228 won't work, BlackBerry Messenger slow. All I can use at the time being is Opera Mini. I was having issues with Verizon yesterday too. I just signed a new 2 year agreement last week. If they're service is going to be this bad, I should have went with Sprint and saved some cash. Hope they get it together.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 06:45 PM
    Mine has been the smae for several days. Spotty data and emails or none at all. Sometimes ten emails come through at the same time then nothing for hours....

06-23-10 07:23 PM
    Not sure if its the same thing, but its 5:45am in Los Angeles and my VZW data service is slow or out ... not sure which one yet.

I received an email on my @aim account 12 minutes ago, and I have yet to receive it on my BB... when the emails usually arrive within seconds of them coming to my email service online.

Hopefully its just slow, and not out completely.

EDIT:

Actually... I think its just the AIM email... my internet, facebook, etc is working fine ... and I forwarded the email from my AIM account to my Hotmail account and it got to my blackberry immediately...
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 06-24-10 at 08:18 AM.
    06-24-10 07:47 AM
    I've been having the same issue since monday night....extremely slow internet.
    06-24-10 08:43 AM
    Same here in New York. Everything is either slow, or timing out. Facebook, socialscope, browser, BBM, e-mail, etc. Its been like this for at lease a day and a half.
    06-24-10 08:54 AM
    I've been lurking DAILY on this forum since I got my first 8330 over a year ago....

I bought a 9650 on 6/12. The service on the first one was spotty....sometimes good and sometimes exactly as in the above posts. I was so frustrated after battery pulls, PRL updates, 4 attempts to reload the .732 update, wipes, deleting & re-validating email on theBIS site....that I exchanged the phone on 6/19. The new one was good at first. Then the service got spotty & email issues popped up on this one too. Multiple phone calls to Verizon & they had me do the wiping, reloading the OS, & advanced restores. Again sometimes good, sometimes slow, sometimes nothing. Wi-Fi is fine BTW.

At first I believed it may be a Bold thing. Then I noticed all platforms have had posts in the CDMA carrier or service outage sections. Maybe it is coincidental I am having these problems at the time I upgraded since the problems seem to start right around that time.

I'm in northern NJ. My Curve had it's issues but NEVER with the service unless it was a BB thing.

Hope this helps.
    06-24-10 09:35 AM
    Here in Kentucky, same issues... Slow and unresponsive service.
    06-24-10 10:04 AM
    I called VZW CS yesterday, and they said they didnt' know anything. But there has to be a network issue. It might be a BIS problem, but the phone woudlnt' cause this, the network would.
    06-24-10 11:01 AM
    ive been dealing with this for at least 2 days, its so frustrating, how is it not resolved already? im in nj suburb of nyc
    06-24-10 01:12 PM
    3 days straight for me. It would clear up at night. I'm having to resort to Opera Mini.

06-24-10 01:16 PM
    Same here. Slow or unresponsive.
    06-24-10 01:19 PM
    anyone try wi-fi like i did? it seemed fine.

funny. sometimes slow & unresponsive and then i close out the browser....then try again. BOOM it loads....or not.
    06-24-10 01:31 PM
    I've had painfully slow Internet in central Indiana since Monday. I called VZW yesterday. They re-registered the browser and resent service books, but there's no change. It's mainly the browser and emails that are affected for me.
    06-24-10 01:49 PM
    I'm in Houston and just got off the phone from an hour and half troubleshoot with VZW. They said they see nothing wrong and it must just be me assuming its slow. I made them fill a service ticket to come to my area and see if there is a problem in my area. They said it may take a week or so till they can come check the area. So hopefully it gets better before then or else they will be getting an ear full from me.
    06-24-10 08:56 PM
    I'm in Houston and just got off the phone from an hour and half troubleshoot with VZW. They said they see nothing wrong and it must just be me assuming its slow. I made them fill a service ticket to come to my area and see if there is a problem in my area. They said it may take a week or so till they can come check the area. So hopefully it gets better before then or else they will be getting an ear full from me.
    People from different areas have been reporting issues. Can't see how they are saying nothing is wrong. I'm hoping they fix this issue soon.

06-24-10 08:59 PM
    Same here on Long Island...
    06-24-10 10:41 PM
    I can't get anything here right now. No emails, no internet, no facebook, nothing. I'm outside of Philly using a 9630 on VZW. Something is definitely wrong.
    06-25-10 06:47 AM
    No e-mails this morning in Baltimore. I think they may be down.
    06-25-10 07:26 AM
    I sent an mms and the recipient got the message, but not the picture. She also sent one to me, same thing. Got the message, but no pic. Email seems to be working fine today, although it was slow yesterday.
    06-25-10 07:29 AM
    VZW in AZ- I can receive sms' and emails but people are not receiving them from me. Anyone else?
    06-25-10 06:04 PM
    VZW here in Cincinnati is slow as well.....SMS messages are taking 30+ seconds to go out, if at all. A lot of failed messages and messages struggling to go out...hmm..

----------------
    Now playing: Kanye West - Power
    via FoxyTunes
    06-25-10 07:41 PM
    Push services are sporadic and web browser is ungodly slow in NW Ohio

06-26-10 12:04 AM
    An un-named source, (I don't know why it matters...) told me, after I complained SEVERAL times that my new Bold was WAY slower than my 2 year old Curve for browser actions and viewing PDF attachements, RIM has a software glitch in both .699 and .732 which causes the Mobile Network to be dropped and re-connected (mostly just search for connection) at random times. On my phone, it was almost all the time, so battery life sucked and google wouldn't even load after five minutes. Constantly trying to search for a signal really slowed down the phone and made working on the phone impossible.

RIM's official work around until they release the new OS, "which should be coming real soon...", is to go to the manage connections button, turn off the mobile network, wait for red x, then turn mobile network back on.

I say F-that. I don't have time to screw around with settings on the phone so I can use it. I just need it to work, yet I got the Bold for free due to the perfect storm of upgrades and sales at VZW along with a free phone for the wife. So, like I said, in a drawer goes the new Bold, and out comes the trusty old Curve. What a difference when you have a connection to the network!!! Duh...RIM, get it together NOW and get the "glitch" fixed, please.

Technology is such a double edge sword. Just like heated seats in a car, once you have them, you'll never buy a car without them again.
    06-26-10 07:35 AM
    Seems to have gotten better for me (northern NJ) since yesterday afternoon. I haven't any browser/BBM/email issues since then.
    06-26-10 08:42 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD