Hey I am new to here, I have a problem,
    The headphones that came with my BB were working good until today, When i make calls or answer calls there is this thumbing sound (like its switching between the headphones & the phones headpiece) , and the volume meter on the phone moves up and down.
    The weird thing is that wen I am listening to music on it, it works perfect..
    Can someone tell me whats the problem?
    Thanks very much
    Last edited by Biggzjm; 07-05-08 at 02:00 AM.
    07-04-08 08:15 PM
    I figured I would bump this thread instead of making my own.

I'm a new 8120 user and I'm having the same issue.
    I'd like to be able to listen to music on the stock headphones, then answer an incoming call with the button, but it just doesnt work.

Its the exact same issue you posted.
    The music pauses automatically, phone rings (not on the earphones mind you, but thats not the problem), and I push the button..

Then I hear a repeated clicking sound, and looking at the handset the volume meter is jumping up and down.

I've tried adjusting the volume, and hitting the mute key and it doesnt seem to do anything.

I generally just resort to pulling the 1/8" jack out of the phone at that point.
    Its really frustrating.

Does anyone have any insight?
    I did read the manual, and it mentions NOTHING about headset volume.

Thanks,
    Lyle
    09-05-08 03:27 PM
    is the problem I havin too and all now i cant resolve it
    09-05-08 09:30 PM
    Have any of you tried a little isopropyl alcohol on a qtip? Wipe down the plug really well, then hit the jack (not too wet), blow it out and see if that doesn't help.
    09-05-08 09:39 PM
    I'll give cleaning it a shot, and see how that goes.
    09-13-08 10:56 PM
    it does work for me still
    09-14-08 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD