Seriously, my sister(s) have an Iphone, my father just got the HTC Evo and I have had my BB 9630 for 2 months now and couldn't be happier.

What I love:

Battery Life
    Call Quality
    Physical Keyboard
    No Lag
    Great Screen
    Enough Apps (Don't need 2,000 fart apps)

It just works.... really.
    06-23-10 01:41 AM
    I'm with you. I replaced my first tour due to trackball issues last august but this one has been flawless. I will admit I'm a bit jealous of the added memory and wifi of the 9650 but after playing around with my wifes 8530, I actually prefer my well working trackball over the trackpad. To each his own but I really believe the tour is a great device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 05:12 AM
    I've had my Tour for close to 2 months now and I have really enjoyed it. I went to Verizon the other day and played around with all the Droid's and they seem so bulky and hard to use compared to my phone. My Tour is by far the best phone I've had and hopefully in the next year RIM introduces something even greater to replace it!

06-23-10 07:07 AM
    Ok i had to post

I agree with you, i like my Tour Too

But you have to admit that RIM doesn't have a must have device

Where is RIM's Iphone?

Where is RIM's EVO?

If you're a Verizon Customer and you're eligible for an upgrade your probably tempted by the Incredible

If you're a Sprint Customer you've gotta be tempted by the EVO

I'm a Sprint Customer and i have placed an order for an EVO

I am going to Test Drive something else

And if the EVO suits my needs I'm gone

And yes i know a ton of people will comment that, "if you want a toy then get an iphone"

That's not whats driving me to the EVO

I want to experience everything that Technology has to offer

And RIM just isnt offering that

And judging by the stats im not the only who thinks that way

As Rim is losing customers to Android and Apple
    06-23-10 07:34 AM
    i agree with you as well. I was so sick of my curve (and was trying to hold out for the bold) so I went to the sprint store and walked out with an htc hero. It was a GREAT phone. It had a lot of neat features and things i could show off to my friends. When it came to a phone though it kind of fell through. The keyboard for texting was ... mediocre to say the least and having to constantly tap through certain things was getting old. So i returned it for my current tour. BEST choice ever. I forgot how important it was for my emails to come in right away not have to manually refresh (Microsoft exchange). I dont think i will ever get rid of blackberry. but the bold may be in order :P

where is androids world phone capabilities? (note: unlocked gsm blah blah im sticking in the cdma sprint/verizon phones we all know if we could have a 9700 on sprint we would)

Having email pushed to your device is REALLY important in work situations in many situations and having to refresh emails can be bothersome. I say this i work in a college in the it dept. something goes wrong or i need to be someplace its sent in an email or any voicemails from the desk get forwarded to email. my htc did not like this very much there was almost a half hour delay at times getting the emails and that is not good with my job.
    Last edited by Omegazab; 06-23-10 at 07:41 AM.
    06-23-10 07:37 AM
    I still love my Tour too, but every now and then my Tour says F*** it and dies on me.
    06-23-10 07:43 AM
    I still love my tour, yes the bold would be great, but im doing well enough with what i have to wait for my upgrade. Who knows maybe by that time ( nov 2011 ) rim will have its own 4g super device.
    06-23-10 08:35 AM
    I could not agree more. The Tour is a solid phone. Best Phone I have owned for sure. Other than the initial track ball issue, mine works like a charm. When it finally does die, I will probably get another one off e-bay instead of going to the 9650. Don't care for the track-pad.

If you want to play games, get an itouch- if you want a all around good phone that will not let you down, has good battery life, and is easy to use-- Get a BlackBerry !!
    06-23-10 08:36 AM
    I had a 9700 on ATT and then switched my contract to Verizon because I just didn't like ATT anymore. When I switched I went with the Moto Droid and now I've purchased a Blackberry on eBay. There's no question that the Android platform is more flashy and "fun". However, once that wears off you have a phone that has a million apps (probably with about 2-3 that you actually use on a consistent basis, a clunky SMS app that can take several seconds to load and lags when you scroll down, and a virtual keyboard that isn't good at all (the only virtual keyboard I find usable is the iPhone). Once the "wow factor" of Android wears off you'll likely miss the BB.. I did.
    06-23-10 11:56 AM
    It's very nice to see loyal Tour users. I got my Tour a week after the release date and I've had minor problems with my trackball early on but after I updated my OS the problems vanished. I'm very happy with my Tour and I'll just continue to update my OS and be happy until Sprint releases a whole new BlackBerry.
    06-23-10 01:26 PM
    I love my Tour too. I had the Motorola Droid for a few months and in my opinion that phone was a piece of garbage. There were places I got perfect signal strength with my Tour where I had little to none with my Droid and the sliding screen slide like crap after a month of use. I also test drove Sprint when the Evo came out. Its a nice phone but the battery life leaves a lot to be desired and I had little to no Sprint coverage in my house.

To make a long story short I'm back to using my tour on Verizon and i'll probably keep it for a while.
    06-23-10 02:55 PM
    I loved my Tour. I was one of those that got my Tour replaced with the Bold (although before is was a mass replacement). I had issues with my phone and tethering and it freezing between apps. The tech changed mine so the new OS worked better with my tethering. I miss my trackball! Yes I know that's why everyone jumped on the Bold replacement, but even though mine stuck on occasion, it was the reason I picked my Tour in the first place. I don't like touchscreens either. I miss being able to locate my trackball without looking and how easy it was to scroll to a specific spot on a webpage. The trackpad even with the sensitivity lowered just doesn't do that. Sure the Tour had it's quirks, but all phones do and the ones on the tour didn't bother me. The more memory on the bold is nice but I don't have wifi near me so it's not a selling point. The bold may look similar to the tour, but it just feels different. Have to say that it is faster for tethering and seems to have a more steady OS but in all honesty, my Tour was just and still is my favorite.
    06-23-10 08:19 PM
    I think the tour is great too. I have been holding off on upgrading to the bold or possibly EVO. Probably bold when i decide to do it, or maybe play with the EVO for 30 days and then get the Bold. The only thing i dont like about my tour is the loose battery door, makes it feel kind of cheap but other than that it has been a great phone.
    06-23-10 10:10 PM
    I am so with you!!! I love my BB Tour!!! I'll be eligible to upgrade phones in July and I have no intention of getting anything else but a BB 9650. I was tempted by the Evo but I love the track ball which is going to be a trackpad when I get the 9650. I can live without the 1,000,000,000,000 apps that the iPhone offers. Even if Sprint offered the iPhone I wouldn't get it. I just love, love, love, my Black Berry. This is the first one i've ever had and I love it.
    06-23-10 10:11 PM
    The Tour is my my 4th BlackBerry and I think Im gonna keep it for a while. My friend got an Evo and after 3 days of problems he changed it out for a Bold. I compared the 2 phones and I think the Tour is just as good. I wish the Tour had the extra memory and wifi, but Ive lived just fine without it lol I'm one that will probably stick with BB for a while. I have an upgrade available, but I have no desire to upgrade. My gf wants to use it to get something new (she has a Storm 1) and I suggested a Storm 2. While she doesnt want to leave BB, she wants a different phone and it has to be touchscreen for some ungodly reason lol She says the Storm 2 is too much like the Storm 1 and she'll be bored of it quickly. I think shes gonna get an Incredible.

Bottom line, the Tour is awesome!!

Also, I do have to agree that RIM is getting left behind by Apple! The new iPhone is light years better than ANYTHING they offer! Its gonna really hard for them to compete with it. And the Droid crap is spreading like the plague, at least around here! Ive played with it, and while the browser is something RIM could only dream of, the rest of the phone is ok, at best. BlackBerry's work, plain and simple, and that will be their downfall cuz everyone want flashy crap!
    Last edited by Frankie Figs; 06-24-10 at 05:43 AM.
    06-24-10 05:41 AM
    I love my Tour too. When I finally was able to upgrade from my piece of crap LG phone back in February, I initially picked a Palm from Sprint. Great operating system, horrible phone. Ridiculously bad call quality and lousy email experience. I went back to Sprint to exchange it within the 30-day period. I picked up the HTC Hero while in the store and played with it for a while, but knew it'd never make me happy long term. Thankfully, I walked out of there with my BlackBerry Tour and I've never looked back. You couldn't pry my Tour away from me. My three best friends have a Motorola Droid, an iPhone 3G, and a HTC Hero. Am I jealous when I see them using their phones ... nope, it is they who should be jealous.
    06-24-10 11:04 PM
    bump for new perspectives.
    07-01-10 01:08 PM
    I have had a tour since last december. Probably the longest stretch with one phone I have had in years......for all the reasons the previous posters stated. Email, text messaging, a few great apps that I actually use and a great keyboard. I originally had went with a curve 2 but took it back after 3 hours because the keys were so small. I love my phone

07-01-10 03:26 PM
    Since Aug 09, got the storm, traded in for the tour(30 day trial), was tired of touch. then back to my lg dare then back to the tour, tried the droid, returned due to form and wow factor wearing off, then got a storm1 for 50 bucks, used it for a month and as of Monday back to the Tour, u be the judge.......

: )

Last edited by not_addicted77; 07-01-10 at 05:27 PM.
    07-01-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD