guys after 2-3 days of not having my data plan working on my unlocked storm 2. i could'nt take it anymore i had to have my data plan up and woring so after some searching for about 3 hours on google i gave up and decided to just check crackberry to see if it could help me, and it did i saw this!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...p-shop-480668/

in it the guy set his APN settings to (epc.tmobile.com)

so i decided to give it a shot since i had nothing to lose...after changing my apn settings i did a battery pull....

my device powered up, and to my amazement i had EDGE!!!! not edge but EDGE!!!

I've received my new emails/facebook works/vz navigator works/pandora works/app world works/ everything that worked prior to my data service loss is working flawlessly.

im so ecstatic right now

so i figured i'd post it up here for you guys to try

btw i would like to mention that my data services option was set to off for about a day or 18 hrs

if your device is currently set to (epc.tmobile.com) try switching it to (wap.voicestream.com)
    06-22-10 11:08 PM
    Working here in roslyn pa. !!!!!!!!!

Wap.tmobile.com
    06-23-10 03:27 PM
    Mine is up again here in Brooklyn NY. Been down since beginning of June.
    06-23-10 03:36 PM
    Hate to break it to you but the EPC.tmobile.com is no secret or trick your APN absolutly HAS to say that or you wont be able to connect to tmobile services...as far as web and email vocie and sms should still work without it but DATA won't but i just checked our list of known netowkr issues and the unsupported BB issue has been removed so service should return to all storm and storm 2 users on T-Mobile
    06-23-10 05:21 PM
    Hate to break it to you but the EPC.tmobile.com is no secret or trick your APN absolutly HAS to say that or you wont be able to connect to tmobile services...as far as web and email vocie and sms should still work without it but DATA won't but i just checked our list of known netowkr issues and the unsupported BB issue has been removed so service should return to all storm and storm 2 users on T-Mobile
    yeah I'm not saying its a trick i found, just saying it worked for me, or it could be the fact that T-mobile fixed the problem. dunno?

all that matters is that we have service again, man i cant wait for the storm 3
    06-23-10 08:33 PM
    yeah I'm not saying its a trick i found, just saying it worked for me, or it could be the fact that T-mobile fixed the problem. dunno?

all that matters is that we have service again, man i cant wait for the storm 3
    wow i sounded kinda rude there i didnt mean to come off that way i realy didnt mean to offend you if i did but yea when i showed up for work today and loged into my computer i checked the list of known network issue and the unsuported BB data issue was no longer in our list of issues
    06-23-10 08:50 PM
    No offense, but for a long time there were several APN settings that you could use for TMO. I used these at one time or another as recently as December 2009 with an unlocked Storm before switching to Verizon:

Internet3.voicestream.com
    Internet2.voicestream.com
    wap.voicestream.com (this gave me the best results)

It sounds like you work for them, and that's cool. But a lot of people here have a lot more hands-on experience and all this guy is trying to do is share that.
    06-23-10 10:32 PM
    No offense, but for a long time there were several APN settings that you could use for TMO. I used these at one time or another as recently as December 2009 with an unlocked Storm before switching to Verizon:

Internet3.voicestream.com
    Internet2.voicestream.com
    wap.voicestream.com (this gave me the best results)

It sounds like you work for them, and that's cool. But a lot of people here have a lot more hands-on experience and all this guy is trying to do is share that.
    yea thats why i apolojized for coming off wrong the APNs you listed have been outdated and removed from our system we still use the internet 2 and the voicestream but weve been instructed for the past year to not use them anymore because they are going to be phased out

the internet3 has already been compleetly phased out the only one were aloud to talk about is the epc...were told if the epc does'nt work then the customer is SOL but i do use the wap.voicestream with mixed results form time to time
    06-23-10 10:39 PM
    yea thats why i apolojized for coming off wrong the APNs you listed have been outdated and removed from our system we still use the internet 2 and the voicestream but weve been instructed for the past year to not use them anymore because they are going to be phased out

the internet3 has already been compleetly phased out the only one were aloud to talk about is the epc...were told if the epc does'nt work then the customer is SOL but i do use the wap.voicestream with mixed results form time to time
    Oh yeah, no doubt. I have a lot of love for the people of TMO. I still have 2 of my 3 cell lines with them and it's because they're always awesome with helping me. Even when I openly tell them I'm using an unlocked phone, they go out of their way to get everything working for me. Keep up the good work!
    06-23-10 10:45 PM
    yea I've been with them for 8 years

@pyrus im not offended its all cool just didnt want to make it seem that i just invented anything new lol just wanted to clarify.

oh btw so what do you recommend we should use for apn settings now since wap.voicestream.com and epc.tmobile.com have been phased out?
    06-23-10 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD