has been released through appworld. It did not prompt me to do it, I had to select the app to get the update. Provides weather forecast now through accuweather
    06-22-10 11:00 PM
    Thanks for the info about the weather feature. I already had that version, but never realized I could click on the weather to get more weather related info, as well as the weather radar of my GPS position.
    Very nice feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 11:18 PM
    and just noticed that it now lets you use Sprint Navigation to map and "drive to" destination. I love this app more and more
    06-23-10 12:16 AM
    and just noticed that it now lets you use Sprint Navigation to map and "drive to" destination. I love this app more and more
    It does the same with VZ Navigator for Verizon as well. This maybe a better option for those with VZ Navigator, since it forces us to use Bing as yet another search engine.
    As if the browser being locked down with Bing wasn't enough.

06-23-10 02:42 AM
    I've seen app world get the 1.5.4.12 update like 3 times now. I think they are just updating maps and weather data stuff and re-releasing it as the same version number. Mine and my GFs both keep popping up with an update and its always the same version.
    06-23-10 09:01 AM
    Too bad it can never find where I am. It always wants to use the GPS location. Other apps use either the GPS, or the network to find where I am. I'm not always outside when I'm looking for something. I can manually enter a locale, but what's the point of speedy info when I have to tell it where it is.
    06-23-10 09:12 AM
    Too bad it can never find where I am. It always wants to use the GPS location. Other apps use either the GPS, or the network to find where I am. I'm not always outside when I'm looking for something. I can manually enter a locale, but what's the point of speedy info when I have to tell it where it is.
    It should switch to cell site location after a few minutes of trying to locate gps and failing. Is this not happening for you?
    06-23-10 10:29 AM
    It should switch to cell site location after a few minutes of trying to locate gps and failing. Is this not happening for you?
    Wish they could add cell tower location as an option. Especially for those times when I know I'm in an area that won't pickup a GPS signal. That way I wouldn't have to wait for it to switch over.

06-23-10 10:40 AM
    I've had this version on my Pearl for several months now. Ever since there was a notice about this version on one of these BB sites - forget which one now. The weather forecasts and link to the radar has been part of this version the whole time.

What I like is how the main screen background changes depending on the current conditions - day, night, clear, partly cloudy, cloudy, and rainy.

06-23-10 11:59 AM
    This version as far as I know had been out for a while I got it like 2 weeks ago.
    06-23-10 12:21 PM
    This version as far as I know had been out for a while I got it like 2 weeks ago.
    The press release from poynt said it was just released that day, so, that's what I went with. Google poynt and the sw version & it'll take you to the release. One of them is for the iphart so obviously that wouldn't be it but you get my point. Figured they released it so I didn't question it. I've had stuff like that happen to me on other apps to so, who knows!!

06-28-10 01:54 PM
    I googled "Poynt 1.5.4.12" and it was released towards the end of April. So I'm not sure what exactly you googled because this version was almost 2 months old when you originally posted this. Even AppWorld shows a release date at the top.

poynt 1.5.4.12 - Google Search

BlackBerry App World - Poynt

Poynt Update To Version Version 1.5.4.12 – BerryReview

Poynt For BlackBerry Updated to Version 1.5.4.12 | The BerryFix
    06-28-10 02:12 PM
    The press release from poynt said it was just released that day, so, that's what I went with. Google poynt and the sw version & it'll take you to the release. One of them is for the iphart so obviously that wouldn't be it but you get my point. Figured they released it so I didn't question it. I've had stuff like that happen to me on other apps to so, who knows!!

It's all good man I was just saying yeah I have seen this happen before
    06-29-10 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD