Based upon the Samsung Jet homescreen, this theme features a hidden dock on the left side that contains 12 customizable Zen icons, a Today screen for Calendar and Messages accesible by pressing above the browser icon on the bottom right, theme based 3G network status (will read 3G not 1XEV), and a static icon bar at the bottom.

I know many will want the bottom bar customizable but I want the text with the icons and am trying to make Zen icons smaller to fit in the smaller bar. Once I can figure how to do that I will do it.

Has BerryWeather button in top middle of homescreen to access Berryweather if installed.

Enjoy!

http://mobihome.awardspace.com/jet/jet.jad - Bar interface

http://mobihome.awardspace.com/jet2/jet.jad - Original tabbed interface.

http://mobihome.awardspace.com/jet3/jet.jad - Bar interface with 9 item normal hidden today and OCD icon (13th in app screen) that is hideable by tapping the former today show area above the browser icon

http://mobihome.awardspace.com/jet4/jet.jad - Tabbed interface with 10 item normal hidden today and OCD icon (13th in app screen) that is hideable by tapping the former today show area above the browser icon

Last edited by jaxjon; 06-26-10 at 09:25 AM.
    06-22-10 10:07 PM
    Hmm what does the menu screen look like ?
    06-23-10 12:41 AM
    Fantastic Theme...Have it installed now. Will be a keeper for quite a while. Thanks Jaxjon...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 01:15 AM
    Looks good, I will probably give it a whirl. One suggestion - why put the phone icon in the bottom dock when you have the green phone button right underneath it. I always hide that icon. Maybe add BBM? Or some other frequently used icon.
    06-23-10 06:46 AM
    Just installed and I am very impressed with the performance and the quality of the icons.

Two more suggestions:
    - Could you make the hidden today two seperate items. One when you first touch messages and another when you touch calendar with a bigger font and more items?
    - add a quicklaunch hotspot somewhere?

I think I am keeping this one for a while!
    06-23-10 06:56 AM
    Lookin good Jon. Glad to see you back at it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-23-10 08:22 AM
    Very good theme Jon. You're my hero

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-23-10 10:35 AM
    On the app screen the bluetooth icon overlaps wifi at the top. Great theme would like wallpaper for bw if possible.

06-23-10 11:18 AM
    Looks good, I will probably give it a whirl. One suggestion - why put the phone icon in the bottom dock when you have the green phone button right underneath it. I always hide that icon. Maybe add BBM? Or some other frequently used icon.
    I will look into it. Thanks.

In answer to another post, there is a quicklanch spot at bottom right of screen. The overlap of icons is from lack of space for all icons available in a 360x25 area in order to keep the dial pad full. I will see what I can do to minimize it if possible.

06-23-10 01:02 PM
    Damn Jax .. long time boss! Good to see you back .. Theme looks great!
    06-23-10 01:31 PM
    for some reason the hidden today does not want to work on my phone (did a real battery pull too)

edit

I was clicking too hard and getting quicklaunch, works when i just tap
    Last edited by stacyadell; 06-23-10 at 01:50 PM.
    06-23-10 01:48 PM
    Nice one!

a couple of fine tuning issues:

On the outgoing call screen - the font would be easier to read if it was a couple of sizes larger; and the color wasn't dark blue on black.

the timer/bb busy icon in the middle of the screen is too light in color; gets lost in the center of the globe so that you can't see it.

Otherwise - another outstanding theme!
    06-23-10 02:51 PM
    Thanks Noah. I'll make the font bigger asap.

06-23-10 03:47 PM
    looks great jax
    06-23-10 04:04 PM
    How about a single OCD slot in the upper right for the user's weather application of choice?

Most themes I download try for a few hours and delete. This one is a keeper!
    06-23-10 08:31 PM
    *Updated

Made font bigger and changed color of font for better viewing in active call screen.
    Changed Phone app to Media
    Added 6 items to today screen
    06-23-10 08:38 PM
    Thank you very much for this theme its awesome...
    06-23-10 10:52 PM
    Excellent; thank you.
    06-24-10 10:15 AM
    personally think
    this would look soo much
    better with the original stock icons
    IMO and a black background on the app screen
    06-24-10 05:00 PM
    *Updated

Added new bars to homescreen, colored red, green, and blue to replace tabs on bar. Tap each bar to show the apps in the bar (red:1-4, green: 5-8, blue: 9-12), remaining tab moves app bar and colored bars in/out.
    Tab has been moved down to be more accesible to the thumb when holding.
    Added stripe to message list.
    Fixed call screen timer location.
    06-24-10 08:23 PM
    Wow!! I actually like this enough to not only keep, but also to use! Great job

06-25-10 08:38 AM
    Nice work!! If you put the tabs on right side of screen, it would be easier to use tabs with the thumb and keep the original tab controls you designed (instead of the 3 colored bars).
    06-25-10 11:36 AM
    *Updated

Added original tabbed version link to OP. Same name so you won't have to redo your apps if you switch.

Added Berryweather button to both versions. If you don't have Berryweather, the button will do nothing. This replaces the app screen button.

In bar version I separated the bars a little more and made the clickable area for them larger and lower to make it easier.

Made the Today button area taller.

The QuickLaunch button area takes up all of the middle to bottom right of the screen above the icon bar except where the today button lies. Click above the date or right and it should be quite easy.

I am not certain yet if I will do a Static icon or change the Today area. Still thinking about it.

If anyone can figure out how to make Zen icons smaller without losing quality, keeping placement, and keeping text, please let me know.
    06-25-10 03:40 PM
    My favorite theme right now. Keep up the great work.
    06-26-10 12:20 AM
    Have to agree - great theme that I will use for a long time. For those that use Opera Mini as a browser, any chance we can have that icon in place of BB browser?

Thanks!!
    06-26-10 08:35 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD