Phone runs like complete garbage....bluetooth still doesnt work, phone runs super slow, freezes up all the time, very disapointed with this phone.....someone please help me before i switch to a droid
    06-22-10 09:44 AM
    Try to wipe your device and reload. I'm not seeing the same issues as you. .732 seems like a decent improvement over .591 on VZ.
    06-22-10 09:48 AM
    I wiped and loaded .732 on my Sprint Tour and it is running much better. Lag is mostly gone, boot is a little quicker, browser speed is better although still nothing to get excited about and there is much less fluctuation in signal strength.
    06-22-10 09:59 AM
    Since I did the upgrade a couple days ago, my browser is insanely SLOW! Anyone else have a problem like this, and a fix???
    06-22-10 12:34 PM
    My browser has been slow as well.
    06-22-10 01:02 PM
    My browsing speed seems better today. I don't know what happened but I am posting from it now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 01:20 PM
    I was running .643 and upgraded to .732 also. Absolutely no problems until today when the "browser" became extremely slow. The overall upgpgrade seemed great, but this now has become a major issue. Does Opera mini resolve this?
    06-22-10 02:08 PM
    Edit: Nevermind it got slow again.
    06-22-10 02:21 PM
    if anyone figures out how to speed the browser back up to normal, or quicker, please post because it seems like the internet 10 years ago, if not slower!
    06-22-10 04:05 PM
    Do you have java script disabled?

06-22-10 04:25 PM
    Do you have java script disabled?

Yes I disabled java today, however before today it was enabled and has never been this slow! Its taking over a minute to load a page. Just keeps saying requesting and then will finally load.

06-22-10 08:33 PM
    I just upgraded back to 732 from 643. 643 had become inexplicably unstable for me with regard to the radio, continually bouncing from 1X to 1XEV and signal strength jumping about. Now with 732 the radio seems a little better.

The best option is probably going to be one of the hybrids that use the 732 radio and other bits from 643 or 662 perhaps. That's what I'll be trying next...

06-22-10 08:51 PM
    Yes I disabled java today, however before today it was enabled and has never been this slow! Its taking over a minute to load a page. Just keeps saying requesting and then will finally load.

If you just did an upgrade install it would be worth wiping your phone and doing a clean install. This has fixed a few problems for me in the past.
    06-22-10 09:47 PM
    Guess tonight, I'll be reverting back to 4.7 and in four months, having the pleasure of taking my BB to the desert and seeing how it holds up to .40 ammo.
    LMAO! Sorry you're having so much trouble with the update
    06-22-10 09:50 PM
    5.0.0.419. Know it. Learn it. Install it. Love it.
    06-22-10 10:02 PM
    I am seeing this too, and its annoying. Is it the version, blackberry servers, or the carrier? Does this happen with early 5.0, or just the last few releases?

I just upgraded back to 732 from 643. 643 had become inexplicably unstable for me with regard to the radio, continually bouncing from 1X to 1XEV and signal strength jumping about. Now with 732 the radio seems a little better.

The best option is probably going to be one of the hybrids that use the 732 radio and other bits from 643 or 662 perhaps. That's what I'll be trying next...

06-22-10 10:52 PM
    Upgraded to .732 and the signal is better and boot-up is, but my browing speeds have been less than great. Did an update for the towers and pulled the battery twice and its running fine now but I don't know how long it will until it starts to mess up again. Will see within the next couple of days.

06-22-10 11:04 PM
    I updated yesterday & my browser click issue is gone but my internet is super slow!!!
    Can't believe how slow it is!!!!! Any ideas how to make it better???

06-23-10 06:42 AM
    I updated yesterday & my browser click issue is gone but my internet is super slow!!!
    Can't believe how slow it is!!!!! Any ideas how to make it better???

5.0.0.419 is the way to go.
    06-23-10 09:55 AM
    Well, out of the blue my browser is running like normal today. I didn't do anything to the phone like power down or battery pull or anything, it just decided to start working like it should. Stupid technology!
    06-23-10 01:26 PM
    Same here! Mine seems fine today!

06-23-10 01:34 PM
    Upgraded for no good reason, don't see any differences but now all my incoming calls are from "Unknown Number". Probably only coincidental but if anyone has a clue I'd be interested to know the fix. Searching the forums now...
    06-23-10 01:44 PM
    I wiped my phone. It seems better. Try wiping your phone if the browser seems slow.
    06-23-10 02:15 PM
    if anyone figures out how to speed the browser back up to normal, or quicker, please post because it seems like the internet 10 years ago, if not slower!
    I did 2 things today...(4hours ago).... that have made a tremedous difference so far. Hope it lasts!!!

1. Resent service books

2. options/advanced/host settings/ then use "blackberry key"/ register device/I did a bettery pull when the device was registered.
    06-23-10 02:59 PM
    I did 2 things today...(4hours ago).... that have made a tremedous difference so far. Hope it lasts!!!

1. Resent service books

2. options/advanced/host settings/ then use "blackberry key"/ register device/I did a bettery pull when the device was registered.
    I just did this to see if my browsing speed up any, and it did. Thank You, just hope it lasts.
    06-23-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD