Loaded the OS did a wipe re-loaded the OS again still websites takes forever to load even app world download is much slower now. Thinking to go back to 617?
    06-21-10 03:03 PM
    At first i did think it was slow....i didnt do full wipe. It just seemed like the request was veeeerrrrryyyyy long. Over the past couple days it semms to be working itself out. No long request time and loading fast. Are you having the "request" issue?
    06-21-10 03:11 PM
    I don't think it's the OS. I have .451 and I am having issues going to websites as well. But OM5 and facebook works fine as well as emails. Did a *228 and host routing table but no luck.
    06-21-10 03:22 PM
    I have the same problem. I thought it was just me.
    06-21-10 05:46 PM
    Strange?! My wife and I seem to think the browser is a tad bit faster than 607.
    Last edited by wrxnfx; 06-21-10 at 06:37 PM.
    06-21-10 06:31 PM
    Nope, if you check my threads I've had similar issues. Usually after the first load of the browser upon starting the phone up, the "requesting" takes about 20 seconds but thereafter it's usually ok.
    06-21-10 06:34 PM
    Just rebooted to see if the first "request" was long....not the case. Actually faster than before! Must be another issue.
    06-21-10 07:48 PM
    everything is slow...even using wifi for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 09:08 PM
    Did a reboot a little while ago and it's still slow but OM5, facebook app and other data apps are working for me. BBM is also slow to send.
    06-21-10 09:50 PM
    Every since I loaded the new operating system yesterday from Verizon, my Browser speed is about a tenth of what it was before. It would seem it is transmitting via a normal cell phone connection and not the 3 G network. Phone has a good signal and is supposed to be hooked up via 3G per the settings. Ran a speed test and download speed is about 35 kilobits. Upload speed is only about 3 or 4 kilobits. Any ideas?
    06-21-10 10:03 PM
    Everything is slow on mine. Interesting thing is that we did some download speed tests and the new droids on verizon in the same spot were downloading 2-5x faster. I wonder if VZW is throttling down the BB's. Droid are hot, make them look and work fast for now to sell more then when the next new thign comes around, slow them down and make the turbo nitro whatever fast to sell them. Sounds like a plan to me.
    06-22-10 07:54 AM
    I find this whole OS upgrade schizophrenia baffling. What I mean is, the way so many of us have completely different experiences with it. For instance, my browser got noticeably faster, not slower. On the other hand, I'm one of the folks having problems with GoogleSync, while others report no issue at all. And the list goes on.

I hope the OP's browser issues work themselves out. Best of luck. Wish I had some wisdom to share on this one.
    06-22-10 11:11 AM
    I'm having the same issues and am tempted to see if a replacement is in order. Basically my apps are taking FOREVER (it seems) to refresh/load. Facebook/SocialScope are the ones used often. When trying to load a web page in the browser, it sits at the "Requesting.." screen long enough for my backlight to shut off. If I'm at home, the wifi drops out: when requesting a web page the white icon goes grey then it loads the page via 3G. I've never had WiFi drop in my house before.

When I updated the OS I did a reset to factory wipe, *228, resent service books, nothing seems to help.
    06-22-10 11:56 AM
    As I continue to have these same problems, I'm wondering if you folks think a complete OS wipe and reinstall of .713 might fix it? I just seem to be having a Jekyll/Hyde relationship with the radio. One day it will work perfectly, the next I have to battery pull several times because it seems like the phone decides to not load webpages (I still get push email/calls/etc. fine) or doesn't want to properly handshake with WiFi connections. Any thoughts?
    06-22-10 12:19 PM
    As I continue to have these same problems, I'm wondering if you folks think a complete OS wipe and reinstall of .713 might fix it? I just seem to be having a Jekyll/Hyde relationship with the radio. One day it will work perfectly, the next I have to battery pull several times because it seems like the phone decides to not load webpages (I still get push email/calls/etc. fine) or doesn't want to properly handshake with WiFi connections. Any thoughts?
    I would say give it a shot. Reason being i went from .517 to .607 and back to .517 becuase there were so many occurances where my keyboard would not come up and i couldnt type on .607. Several battery pulls and a few basic installs of apps like meterberry and QL did not solve the issue. This happened in BBM, Browser, Calendar, etc.. Although there is an issue with the keyboard in BBM, i'm not sure it extends to the other apps.

Then i went to .713, had the slow/timing out browser so i went back to .607. The keyboard is working 98% of the time now. Both times i did a full wipe with BBASK and reloaded the OS then each app, one by one.

If i had the time to reload my huge calendar and 30+ apps, i would try .713 again. If you get around to it, please report your results.
    06-22-10 12:39 PM
    Wiped the phone about a half-hour ago. Doesn't seem to have improved anything. "Requesting" on the Blackberry browser still ranges from lightning quick one second and then the next time I use the phone, a 30 second wait. Will test WiFi shortly, but I can't say I've got my hopes up.
    06-22-10 08:08 PM
    Wiped the phone about a half-hour ago. Doesn't seem to have improved anything. "Requesting" on the Blackberry browser still ranges from lightning quick one second and then the next time I use the phone, a 30 second wait. Will test WiFi shortly, but I can't say I've got my hopes up.
    Thanks. I think i'll stick to .607 and wait for the next leak.
    06-22-10 08:21 PM
    Sounds like a plan. I'm going to try to restore some stuff and see if that has any impact either. I'll give it a couple of days.
    06-22-10 08:23 PM
    My internet speed is horrible. "Requesting" takes forever (probably a minute at most), then the website will take another 30 seconds to appear.

Other apps like Facebook and Ubertwitter do not load or refresh. On WiFi everything works, but on the network forget it.

Going to the Verizon Store tomorrow to see if they can solve it. (Don't worry, I'll bring a book to read)
    06-22-10 09:37 PM
    I am dealing with a painfully slow web browser as well. Reminds me of the aol dial up days! Ya that bad!
    I think people are reporting different data speeds due to location. I have not traveled since this update but the vz update released in April I noticed worked lightning fast in vegas. Once I returned to Spokane slow. With this update painfully slow! I did the *228, battery pulls, nothing helps. I have noticed I lose 3G in my living room when I always had great service before. Any advice would be great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 01:58 AM
    Dont think its the browser..most likely due to the service provider.
    06-23-10 02:44 AM
    I have been trying to blame this problem on the OS, the hybrid I was running, you name it - but I also agree I think it's a VZW problem. Speedtest results can be 3600/120 down/up one minute, and be 50/10 two minutes later. They are all over the map. Request times in the browser sometimes two minutes or more; often the pages just time out. I ran Speedtest on my wife's Tour, running the latest .732 OS, and experienced exactly the same thing. Extremely frustrating. If it is the OS, I'm OK with reloading yet again back to .607, but sure would like to know that will fix it before I go through all of that.
    06-23-10 06:46 AM
    Going to the Verizon Store tomorrow to see if they can solve it. (Don't worry, I'll bring a book to read)
    Please let us know if they come up with something...I'm anxious to see if this problem is Verizon side or phone side.

I have been trying to blame this problem on the OS, the hybrid I was running, you name it - but I also agree I think it's a VZW problem. Speedtest results can be 3600/120 down/up one minute, and be 50/10 two minutes later. They are all over the map. Request times in the browser sometimes two minutes or more; often the pages just time out. I ran Speedtest on my wife's Tour, running the latest .732 OS, and experienced exactly the same thing. Extremely frustrating. If it is the OS, I'm OK with reloading yet again back to .607, but sure would like to know that will fix it before I go through all of that.
    That's exactly what happens to me with Speedtest. Many times it will even time out. Then, I'll try five minutes later, and boom, it will be rocket fast. I don't get it.
    06-23-10 07:40 AM
    Has anybody done the *228 to update the towers since their upgrade? Would that make a difference in the speed?
    06-23-10 08:09 AM
    I too am experiencing this on my 9550.

Came from .428 to .713. Performed a full wipe and installed .713.

Data speed is pathetic, and I mean pathetic, be it on 3G or WiFi. I'm sitting right next to my WiFi access point, so there's no problem with signal loss.

I think it's a problem with 713. Downloading apps or themes OTA is painfully slow and will take upwards of 3 minutes regardless of the size.

I was considering taking my 9550 to Verizon and seeing if they can reproduce the issue.
    06-23-10 08:17 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD