Hi All,

I have the Blackberry Curve 8530 and my provider is Sprint. I've been trying to get my phone on DND. I saw where someone said click profiles then advanced then edit and then select if I want DND. However on my phone there is no advanced button for me to edit. Has anyone else had this issue if so how was it resolved.

Please advise.

Many many many thanks... as I really need my DND option back!

XOXOXO
    BlkButterfly
    06-21-10 02:04 PM
    Click the Profiles icon, scroll all the way down and you see something like Edit profiles. That's where you go to make changes to it.

About "do not disturb", Silent seems to work very well for me. Same way, click Profiles and scroll down. There will stil be LED notifications. But that's about it.
    06-21-10 02:40 PM
    Click the Profiles icon, scroll all the way down and you see something like Edit profiles. That's where you go to make changes to it.

About "do not disturb", Silent seems to work very well for me. Same way, click Profiles and scroll down. There will stil be LED notifications. But that's about it.
    Thanks but silent is actually quite different... With DND the calls are forwarded directly to VM w/o ever ringing which is the part I need the most.

Thanks!
    06-21-10 02:51 PM
    With DND the calls are forwarded directly to VM w/o ever ringing which is the part I need the most.
    Then turn the radio off... its not rocket science here...
    06-21-10 03:10 PM
    That would be at:

Options > Phone Options

I don't think there is a way to set a profile to enable/disable that thou...
    06-21-10 03:11 PM
    Turning off the radio is quite obvious... However as the topic of the post states. I wanted information on DND. With DND I can hit alt LGLG and see the log of calls I missed.
    Clearly I asked for a reason and if I wanted to I could have turned the radio off obviously it's not what I wanted.

Thank you for your "assistance"
    06-21-10 03:59 PM
    The best way I have found to fix your dilemma is this: 1) Create a new Contact with your 10 digit phone number with 11 at the beginning. (ex. 11-xxx-xxx-xxxx). I'm not certain about all carriers, but if you dial a Sprint number this way it'll go straight to vm w/o the phone ever ringing.

2) Goto Options>Phone Options>Call Forwarding

3) Change the "Forward Calls" option from Never to Always.

4) Change the "Forward All Calls" option from Do Not Forward to New Number...

5) From there select your recently made Contact and that should do it.

Let me know if this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 01:30 PM
    I think everyone is missing the point. What the OP is referring to is INCOMING calls only (Obviously, since they referred to the PROFILES option which sets up RINGTONES - outbound calls don't ring on your own phone).

The Do Not Disturb option is simply this: Selective Call Acceptance. You program the phone for DND, which theoretically blocks all calls (and can be used for that purpose if so desired). You can then set up an exception whereby certain callers (family/friends/importaint contacts) when calling your phone would be the only ones to get through. Anyone else not in that list would be immediately forwarded to voicemail, and the phone would show 'XX missed calls' alerting the user that someone called their phone. Unknown callers would be those that weren't importaint enough to beat the DND, caller ID missed calls would be those that were importaint.

I'm looking for the same thing. I switched from an 8330 to an 8530 and miss this option after only 8 days.
    08-16-10 08:35 AM
    @ CouchManTom

I can't say thank you enough for seeing my point as well as feeling my pain for missing this feature /

Hopefully we get some answers.
    08-16-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD