I'm in Owensboro, Kentucky. I think my area has been having a BIS issue. My 9700 and my friend's 8310 have both been constantly switching to GSM and not letting us on the Internet. I've went over a day with no BIS connectivity at all, unless I use the Wi-Fi at my house (and even that is iffy sometimes - not the fault of the router, either). My friend's 8310 is running the latest AT&T OS, and my 9700 is running .656 from AVEA. Both my friend and I have done like ten battery pulls on our phones, and I even downgraded to AT&T's stock OSs (.405 and .602). Neither idea helped.

I'm not sure if it's an AT&T issue (even though both of our BlackBerrys are AT&T), because all of my friends with iPhones are having no trouble. Neither are my friends with dumb phones (Samsung Flight, Impression, Razr, etc.). I think it's a BlackBerry issue, and it's pissing me off.
    06-21-10 12:09 AM
    Yes, for about a week now I will randomly lose service for 30 seconds at a time. Its never donr this before, I dont know what's going on.
    06-21-10 04:38 AM
    same here in San Francisco, about the last 3~4 days, blackberry symbol next to 3G comes and goes and signal goes up and down like crazy sitting at the same spot
    06-21-10 10:31 AM
    Have you given them a call to report a service outage and if they are aware of the issue?
    06-21-10 10:33 AM
    I'm north of Atlanta, GA, my GF near Daytona Beach. Both on ATT, both having flaky 3G, and BBM delays.

BBM to friends on sprint and verizon going through much faster, but still some delay.

Called ATT, no confirmation of outages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 05:40 PM
    no issues here in SC
    06-21-10 05:59 PM
    I've had similar problems here in Charlotte nc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 11:01 PM
    Having that problem in Luray, VA plus losing signal and getting kicked off line with my netbook. Have not gotten FB notifications for a week on my Bold 9000 either.
    06-23-10 01:59 AM
    in Philadelphia I've been losing my emails, bbm, facebook, etc. almost everyday for 2 hours or so.
    06-29-10 11:48 AM
    south Fla, on my BOLD 9000, there is no service to send videos. sms OK, e-mail(text)OK, pictures, OK but can't send video's. error comes back that the address is invalid. AT&T say's they are working on it. I get annoyed at these carrier outages that go unannounced and we get no word on them and get no break on our bill for faulty service. I don't send many videos, but when i do , I should be able too, when i cannot for days, they're should be some kind of reimbursement, something, right? outage has been since July 3rd.
    07-06-10 11:20 AM
    NoVa/DC Area same thing. I called AT&T customer service this morning and got a cryptic answer. The technical representative would only say that yes, they are experiencing data problems, and yes NoVa/DC is one of the areas with problems. No explanation of what the problem is, or when to expect resolution.

On another note, since I bought my BlackBerry 9700 in December, in the Alexandria/Arlington, VA area, I have experienced a similar issue as stated above. I can routinely sit in one spot, with my phone laid flat and stationary and watch my signal bars move more than the EQ bars at a Who concert.
    07-08-10 07:02 AM
    had dropped signals (about 10 times in the past 2 days) && having bbm issues! long island, ny here
    07-09-10 04:39 PM
    I have problems with AT&T every day.

I have to walk outside and to the edge of my property in order to get a broken-up call. Dropped calls are common. Signal is routinely -110 or worse.

I moved to a city (pop 60,000) that has poor coverage outside of the center of town. AT&T store recommended "upgrading" phones.

Now I have huge ETF fees, on 5 lines.

Thanks AT&T.
    07-13-10 10:07 AM
    I'm not with AT&T, i'm with TMO and ive had the same issues for about a week as well as others on TMO. No issues with calls yet, its mostly data. i lost data last night for about an hour and my BBM is "sometimey." Lol. I called and they said theyve been having outages since the 8th, i'm not sure whats going on now that i see AT&T users are having similar issues.
    07-13-10 10:20 AM
    and i'm on VZW and experiencing intermittent data issues. definitely somethin fishy goin on with RIM.
    07-13-10 12:42 PM
    I'm with AT&T in Savannah, GA and using a 9700. I've experienced loss od data, slow BBM, and very poor signal. I'll have full 3G on minute and "SOS" the next. The signal fluctuation will last a couple of minutes each time. Very frustrating.
    07-13-10 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD