My girlfriend is trying to backup the data on her Blackberry but is slightly on the dim side. She's not all that hot either so I'm not sure why I bother with her. Anyway, I digress...

When she backs the data up the file type is not recognised and she can't open it up. Does anyone have any ideas on how she goes about doing it properly? She has the technical knowledge of a semi ******** monkey so best use simple language.
    06-20-10 07:38 AM
    The backup file is actually not one that can be opened on the computer without assistance of other complicated programs. The information is saved on the computer, and can be restored at a later point, but can not be just opened, edited and then put back on the device after.

Hope this was simple enough.
    06-20-10 07:45 AM
    Wow. I'm laughing.
    06-20-10 07:52 AM
    Wow. I'm laughing.
    Same here. Pretty much the funniest thing on CB.
    06-20-10 07:53 AM
    Some people... I pitty you pal... She's not hot, demi-human, half-******** and she's all YOU CAN GET?!

On to the solution...

ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter
    06-20-10 07:56 AM
    That's pretty amusing...

But did you get it figured out?
    06-20-10 07:56 AM
    Wow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-20-10 08:16 AM
    No comment on your personal issues.

However when you back up your BlackBerry the files have ".ipd" format, these can not be opened by windows natively, so you must download a 3rd party application.

The most common application is ABC Amber Converter as mentioned earlier, you can run a free version, but they also have a paid version if you need more advanced features.

Once you do a full backup on your BlackBerry and you have the ".ipd" file their really is no need to open the file to look at it, its rare that an ".ipd" file gets corrupt. But it does however. Just make it best practice to backup your device maybe once a week,

06-20-10 09:36 AM
    Funniest thing I have ever read on CB....Get out while you still can!!
    06-20-10 09:40 AM
    Since you feel she lacks the intelligence to perform the steps needed to resolve the issue I would recommend, since she apparently is lacking intelligence and you have superior intelligence, that you do this for her. It could be you are together so that you can take care of her since she is not able to do so for herself.
    06-20-10 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the responses folks, the information was passed on..."Listen here you good for nothing piece of trash, it doesn't need to be opened, if you try and open it one more time I'll kick you in the **** again." Whether it was understood remains to be seen.

06-26-10 03:31 AM
    Thanks for the responses folks, the information was passed on..."Listen here you good for nothing piece of trash, it doesn't need to be opened, if you try and open it one more time I'll kick you in the **** again." Whether it was understood remains to be seen.

Sounds like a perfect match - a misogynist id10t with a lady who isn't smart enough to know - how sad!
    06-26-10 06:23 PM
    men like you? wow if I was with someone who spoke about me that way
    class less she is better OFF without you
    06-26-10 11:14 PM
    my friend has an 8350i and the usb port is broken and he has since bought a new phone. is there any way he can get data from the old one now that it isnt connected to a service provider? he really need that data. please help and if there is a better forum to post in.
    06-29-10 11:02 PM
    my friend has an 8350i and the usb port is broken and he has since bought a new phone. is there any way he can get data from the old one now that it isnt connected to a service provider? he really need that data. please help and if there is a better forum to post in.
    Try S4BB's backup app. It's beta, but it's free and seems to work very well.

He'd install the app on both phones, create the backup on the old phone and load it on the new one (moving the file either using BlueTooth or SD card).
    06-29-10 11:11 PM
    Try S4BB's backup app. It's beta, but it's free and seems to work very well.

He'd install the app on both phones, create the backup on the old phone and load it on the new one (moving the file either using BlueTooth or SD card).
    Thanks.

06-29-10 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD