well, i walk in today, me and my husband and inquire about the free phones. nice lady named Tonya helped us. My husband got a htc hd2 and i got the 9700 bold. i had to stick with the blackberry even tho his hd2 is the ish, lol. Im a blackberry addict for life. we qualified for the even more plan, we got the 1500 minutes for 159.99 plan, that included unlimited texts and unlimited web. we purchased the 5.99 handset insurance and caller tones for each line, we walked out spending 183.00 today. we did not pay ANYTHING for our phones, that was just the plan and our add ons. some say you had to pay the mail in rebate price of 50.00 or 100.00 but we paid nothing at all, just for our plan a month ahead. everything went smoothly and im a very happy owner of a new white 9700 from tmobile, i have excellent service in my house by the way as well as uma. if you have any questions just ask and i will try and answer best i can.
    06-19-10 12:03 PM
    Its a one day nationwide promo for ather's day
    06-19-10 04:48 PM
    Sounds like a great deal... and it hurts to not go and take advantage of it. I was out shopping today and actually within a few hundred yards of a T-Mo corporate store...

I've got an 8900, and my wife and 2 kids each have regular phones (a couple of moto's and a samsung). My wife is almost a technophobe, and would be happy to never have to learn a new phone (go figure!), so she has no interest in upgrading. My daughter won't quality for an upgrade until September...and my son's only interest would be in moving to something with a data plan -- and until he's ready to pay for it, that's not in the cards.

My 8900 works as well as ever -- better in fact, since I continue to upgrade the OS as new beta's come out, and I've got it loads with great apps and a sweet theme.

For the rest of the family -- little incentive to argue for a customer loyalty upgrade (I've read numerous accounts today where they're doing that today for existing customers), as nobody's clamoring for an upgrade just yet -- and they're all be locked into a 2 year cycle. That's my issue too: the 9700 would be nice bump about the 8900, but not enough for me to "use up" my upgrade subsidy and have to wait 2 years for the next subsidized upgrade.

Much as it pains me, I'll sit this one out. Been reading the blogs and rumors about Project Emerald, and the Samsung Galaxy S is looking promising whether or not it turns out to be the phone for Project Emerald.

On top of this -- I'm still torn: been with T-Mo since Voicestream days, and appreciate their pricing and customer service. I know HSPA+ is looking good -- but my part of NJ probably wont see it before year end -- if. The Galaxy S looking good -- but the "pro" version with slide-out keyboard is aimed at Sprint. I would generally lean toward hanging tough and sticking it out to see what T-Mo comes up with, but right this moment the story isn't too compelling for me. Have to take some time to consider the alternatives, pros, cons.

Still holding out a bit of hope that:

- Project Emerald turns out to be an HTC-built android based superphone entry for the Sidekick line. This could turn out to be a reason to consider moving away from Blackberry.

- If I REALLY had my way, this new device would also support UMA... huge feature for me, as it gives me a great connection at home, where the normal signal is very weak.

Oh well. I'll wait and see for a bit. Itching for a change, but not ready to jump based on what I'm seeing right now...
    06-19-10 06:14 PM
    >>> we qualified for the "even more plan", we got the 1500 minutes for 159.99 plan, that included unlimited texts and unlimited web.

From what you say they are giving you a two year plan where you do not pay for the phone up front

"Even More" @$159.99/mo with 1500 and unlimited txt ..
    if you bought the phone yourself you could get
    "Even More+" @119.99/mo

That means you will pay premium:
    (24 months) times (159.99-119.99) = $960!

TM is gonna make $960 on this deal for their "free" phones.
    Last edited by mandony; 06-25-10 at 08:26 PM.
    06-19-10 06:46 PM
    Sounds like a great deal... and it hurts to not go and take advantage of it. I was out shopping today and actually within a few hundred yards of a T-Mo corporate store...

I've got an 8900, and my wife and 2 kids each have regular phones (a couple of moto's and a samsung). My wife is almost a technophobe, and would be happy to never have to learn a new phone (go figure!), so she has no interest in upgrading. My daughter won't quality for an upgrade until September...and my son's only interest would be in moving to something with a data plan -- and until he's ready to pay for it, that's not in the cards.

My 8900 works as well as ever -- better in fact, since I continue to upgrade the OS as new beta's come out, and I've got it loads with great apps and a sweet theme.

For the rest of the family -- little incentive to argue for a customer loyalty upgrade (I've read numerous accounts today where they're doing that today for existing customers), as nobody's clamoring for an upgrade just yet -- and they're all be locked into a 2 year cycle. That's my issue too: the 9700 would be nice bump about the 8900, but not enough for me to "use up" my upgrade subsidy and have to wait 2 years for the next subsidized upgrade.

Much as it pains me, I'll sit this one out. Been reading the blogs and rumors about Project Emerald, and the Samsung Galaxy S is looking promising whether or not it turns out to be the phone for Project Emerald.

On top of this -- I'm still torn: been with T-Mo since Voicestream days, and appreciate their pricing and customer service. I know HSPA+ is looking good -- but my part of NJ probably wont see it before year end -- if. The Galaxy S looking good -- but the "pro" version with slide-out keyboard is aimed at Sprint. I would generally lean toward hanging tough and sticking it out to see what T-Mo comes up with, but right this moment the story isn't too compelling for me. Have to take some time to consider the alternatives, pros, cons.

Still holding out a bit of hope that:

- Project Emerald turns out to be an HTC-built android based superphone entry for the Sidekick line. This could turn out to be a reason to consider moving away from Blackberry.

- If I REALLY had my way, this new device would also support UMA... huge feature for me, as it gives me a great connection at home, where the normal signal is very weak.

Oh well. I'll wait and see for a bit. Itching for a change, but not ready to jump based on what I'm seeing right now...
    Just food for thought. HTC has made previous handsets that were UMA capable. If any new phone opportunities are coming with UMA, I wouldn't be surprised if HTC is the manufacturer.

I'd hold in there a little longer. I don't believe the Galaxy S is Project Emerald. I'm leaning towards this being an different Android device and most likely from HTC. All of this is still rumor though.
    06-19-10 06:51 PM
    In argentina the carriers sucks!
    06-19-10 06:54 PM
    OP, I'm really happy things worked out for ya! The white 9700 looks SWEET as does the HD2 (although I think it's a little big lol but nice screen!).
    Very smart that you came in today to get a plan, otherwise you'd have to pay over 300 for the new phones!
    06-19-10 10:58 PM
    >>> we qualified for the "even more plan", we got the 1500 minutes for 159.99 plan, that included unlimited texts and unlimited web.

From what you say they are giving you a two year plan where the you do not pay for the phone up front

"Even More" @$159.99/mo with 1500 and unlimited txt ..
    if you bought the phone yourself you could get
    "Even More+" @119.99/mo

That means you will pay premium:
    (24 months) times (159.99-119.99) = $960!

TM is gonna make $960 on this deal for their "free" phones.
    If they paid for the plan up front, that means they're on Flexpay. There isn't a way to defer the cost of the phones to the bill if you activate a Flexpay annual plan.

If you got the phones without having to do the mail in rebate, that's awesome. The store was supposed to do the rebate on all new acts, so that's your gain
    06-20-10 01:39 AM
    yeah i know, the store was giving the phones away literally, they said it was up to the manager if they wanted to do the mail in rebates. the manager there was giving the phones away with no mail in rebate for everyone. yes we are on flexpay which i actually like the plan we are on.
    06-20-10 09:43 PM
    Congrats on the purchases. I have been looking at upgrading my 8900 to a 9700. What store did you buy at, one in P-town?
    06-24-10 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD