I have seen updates for AT&T and T-Mobile and even crappy verizon. I dont no if It has been said or not. I jus want to know if it is coming out on our carrier and if it is then what is the shot in the dark guess about the release date.
    07-04-08 03:09 AM
    i do belive the word was september. i will look for the source and reply back with it later.
    07-04-08 06:08 AM
    I remember hearing September way back when they thought AT&T might have gotten it in late June. Since it's now being released in late August on AT&T, I have a feeling the September release for Verizon/Sprint is a bit too optimistic. I would probably guess an early 2009 release: Jan, Feb or March. Thus, I wouldn't hold your breath, which is why I'm going to get a Curve (as soon as they get back in stock).
    07-04-08 08:31 AM
    I hope I'm wrong, but since the Curve was basically just released and it has proven to be such a good seller... I assume it'll be longer than that.

They'll probably want to give it enough time so that it'll attract new users and also make Curve users upgrade.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong...
    07-04-08 12:37 PM
    Google" bold 860 dollors ". Please no

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 12:41 PM
    I hope the bold isn�t 860 when it finally does come out on sprint�cuz I�m gonna buy the curve an what till the bold come out an buy it�but I�m gonna be mad if I have to pay that much 4it�cuz I sure don�t want to sign a new contact for the bold since I�m not signin one for the the curve�it would be a dream if the bold did come out in sept on sprint�that would just be great even dow it probably won�t
    07-04-08 08:53 PM
    I have seen updates for AT&T and T-Mobile and even crappy verizon. I dont no if It has been said or not. I jus want to know if it is coming out on our carrier and if it is then what is the shot in the dark guess about the release date.
    a CDMA version of the Bold is not even in production yet, and hasnt even been released on a GSM carrier in its current form.

you're lookin at nearly a year before RIM releases a CDMA version... expect no earlier than Q2 2009.
    07-04-08 10:51 PM
    a CDMA version of the Bold is not even in production yet, and hasnt even been released on a GSM carrier in its current form.

you're lookin at nearly a year before RIM releases a CDMA version... expect no earlier than Q2 2009.
    On what authority are you speaking from about CDMA version of the Bold isn't in production?
    07-05-08 08:11 AM
    I hope I'm wrong, but since the Curve was basically just released and it has proven to be such a good seller... I assume it'll be longer than that.

They'll probably want to give it enough time so that it'll attract new users and also make Curve users upgrade.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong...
    ATT has had the curve for about a year now. In the tech world, its a dinosaur.
    07-05-08 08:16 AM
    ATT has had the curve for about a year now. In the tech world, its a dinosaur.
    Exactly proving my point, Sprint released the CDMA 8330 (Curve) about 2 months ago... after GSM has had it for over a year.

I thought that since we were talking about Sprint I did not have to add that to my quoted statement.
    07-05-08 01:50 PM
    The bold really looks like a major improvement. I'm loving the Pearl, I had one with Tmobile, and then I switched to Sprint and got the Palm Treo 755P and couldn't handle it so I got a Pearl. Aside from a larger screen and qwerty keyboard is there any real difference between it and the curve? I liked the world phone, but wanted a camera (even though I can't send MMS with sprint)
    07-08-08 01:57 PM
    Yeah, we definitely won't be getting the Bold for about a year after the GSM networks do. And I don't think It's going to be called the "bold".
    We may catch up one day, but as long as GSM is the dominant cell phone technology around the world, we'll be lagging.
    07-09-08 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD