This comic made me think of all the apps that I have downloaded to my Storm 2, but don't use much if ever. What apps did you download, thinking they would be cool or that you would use, that just sit there taking up space?

Opera Mini - since .607, just don't use it anymore
    ScanLife - still won't work for me
    Bloomberg Mobile - look there every now and then, but not the power app I thought it would be
    Flixster - cool app, but with 4 young kids, not going to the movies like I used to

Well I am off to delete a few of these . . .
    06-18-10 08:12 AM
    Not many I don't use that I have on my phone. There are a couple though that I barely use but are useful and I don't want to get rid of them:
    Hippomobile
    Poynt
    Slicktasks-won via contest
    06-18-10 08:30 AM
    I find myself downloading apps i dont need as well. About once a week I'll go through and clean them out. Usually when meterberry tells me my memory is below my pre-defined limit.
    06-18-10 08:43 AM
    I have a few that I don't use that often...but when I do need them, they are very helpful. Then there are others, like NHL Ice Time, that I'm obviously not using too much right now, but do use quite a bit at other times of the year.

If I still had an S1, I'd probably be a lot more judicious about what apps I carry around full time (I know because I was), but as long as I have ample mem, I don't see any reason why not to install apps as I need them and just keep them on there if I think I'll use them again (even if not that often). If I try one and don't like or feel I don't really have any use for it, I delete it.
    06-18-10 08:55 AM
    I like Dilbert. One of my favorite cartoons over the years. I don't know if I can relate though. I download a lot of trials, but so far the only program I found worth buying was MeterBerry.

I do download and try a lot of the more popular free ones and find myself deleting them a week later if I find it's something I don't have a need for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 09:05 AM
    Opera Mini5-Daily
    Slacker-Daily when I'm away for work
    Viigo-Daily
    Facebook-Daily
    Movies-Weekly
    iheartradio-monthly since I got slacker
    googlemaps-depends on if I'm home or not, when I'm home, never. When I'm traveling, all the time

And some games that I rarely play but fun to have.
    06-18-10 09:31 AM
    Sorry, I just posted this in the "APP" section before I looked here...I didn't mean to step on toes; but it does say a lot about the number of truly useful apps that iPhone brags about!
    06-18-10 09:39 AM
    Not many I don't use that I have on my phone. There are a couple though that I barely use but are useful and I don't want to get rid of them:
    Hippomobile
    Poynt
    Slicktasks-won via contest
    Agree whole heartedly on this one. I have several I hold onto because I know there are occasions I will want them, but they do not get regular use.

I find myself downloading apps i dont need as well. About once a week I'll go through and clean them out. Usually when meterberry tells me my memory is below my pre-defined limit.
    I used to be much better about this, but I do not bump up against memory limits on my Storm 2 yet, and the reboot after each deletions drives me crazy.
    06-18-10 09:49 AM
    i have 60 or so apps on my phone, maybe 20 or so are premium apps and over time, I find that more than half of them I do not use or do not work very well. Carfinder does not work well and PTT radio is too low! Others I just bought cause I liked the appeal but was lucky if I even used them once! BB scanner is cool at first then you realize it drains more battery than the app is worth so I dont enjoy ease dropping anymore lol

Bought a NYC subway map incase I use the train even though for the last few years I been driving more consistantly. I opened it several times to see how cool and detailed it was, but I never actually used it on the subway lol (having used the subway in more than a year in which when I did, I always new what line to take anyway). Same for exit stragety... no use! How bout that for $2.99 x2 right there...
    06-18-10 09:54 AM
    I had to trade out my phone (broken stereo pin) and it was such a pain getting my apps back that I haven't bothered with the following:

Drive.Safely
    Quicklaunch (I know, I know....I never really utilized this one fully so probably don't know what I'm missing)
    Themes
    Solitaire
    And a bunch of others that stopped working with various OS upgrades and I didn't feel like paying again for upgrades to make the apps compatible, re-registering with the ever-elusive activation codes, etc.
    06-18-10 10:18 AM
    generally if I don't touch em in a week, they're gone..
    06-18-10 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD