Last edited by r-ritzen; 01-01-16 at 01:02 PM.
    06-18-10 07:08 AM
    It's probably a good idea to wait to see it in person first but I know I won't have the patience for that. I have loved every berry that I have used so far and I have a feeling this one will work great. Sal seems very impressed with what he has seen from his source and that is with old software. I will be very interested to see what Crucial and PG add. Crucial seems to have good things to say about it. Can't wait to hear PG's comments with the at&t device. We haven't heard from him for a while so hopefully it's in testing now. If all of them give it a thumbs up then I will definitely buy it ASAP. I'm glad it will not be surepress and I've been waiting for a touchscreen on at&t for too long. Can't wait for the 9800.
    06-18-10 07:47 AM
    Salomondrin has said the slider is rock solid and would expect the battery to be of very good quality with OS 6 but time will tell. I will be getting it as soon as I can......
    06-18-10 07:49 AM
    I'm glad that it will be coming to AT&T first. Since I don't get my upgrade with Sprint until Nov, it will give RIM a chance to put out any bug fix updates to OS6 and for developers to tweak their apps to work with OS6. When I first put OS5 on my 8330 most of the apps I used didn't work and I had to wait til they updated them to work with my OS. I'm sure this will happen with 6 also.
    06-18-10 08:03 AM
    I'm glad that it will be coming to AT&T first. Since I don't get my upgrade with Sprint until Nov, it will give RIM a chance to put out any bug fix updates to OS6 and for developers to tweak their apps to work with OS6. When I first put OS5 on my 8330 most of the apps I used didn't work and I had to wait til they updated them to work with my OS. I'm sure this will happen with 6 also.
    Well you're right about the OS problems, but this doesn't concerns me much. The initial OS bugs can be fixed by OS and app update's. The first glitches are just the price you pay for being a "early adopter"

It's the hardware that concerns me, I mean: you can't fix hardware problems with a simple update or fix.
    06-18-10 08:58 AM
    I want one now. I don't care if the software is buggy. My 9000 is out of memory and I cannot wait to have a device with 300 MB free and a brand new OS!
    06-18-10 09:02 AM
    I want to get it right now but this will be my 1st touch phone and i want to see if i like it 1st befor buying
    06-18-10 10:26 AM
    From the few leaked videos so far I'm not that impressed with the touchscreen portion of the phone. Hopefully that will all be squared away before its released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 10:54 AM
    My experience with sliders leaves me with only one concern. In the past if I've dropped them and they land just right the slide rails can bend and really mess up the phone.

I am not a fan of sliders.
    06-18-10 11:34 AM
    My experience with sliders leaves me with only one concern. In the past if I've dropped them and they land just right the slide rails can bend and really mess up the phone.

I am not a fan of sliders.
    I'm not a big fan either!! Since RIM never made a slider before this sould be even worse then the others

06-18-10 11:49 AM
    I'm not a big fan either!! Since RIM never made a slider before this sould be even worse then the others

No idea, or they learn from other people. I often leave the speculation out of it until I get my hands on one.

Buying without seeing can be a major burn. My family has sold worthless land to people who never took the time to come see it. They got screwed real bad, but at least we get cash for something we otherwise could never sell.

I would strongly suggest you always wait and see, unless you can afford the cash.
    06-18-10 11:52 AM
    These are my feelings exactly. I'm glad it's not coming to T-Mobile first, otherwise I'd be tempted to run out & get it. I don't even know if it would be something I'd like, but I'm definitely intrigued. We'll see what the masses say.
    06-18-10 12:09 PM
    No idea, or they learn from other people. I often leave the speculation out of it until I get my hands on one.

Buying without seeing can be a major burn. My family has sold worthless land to people who never took the time to come see it. They got screwed real bad, but at least we get cash for something we otherwise could never sell.

I would strongly suggest you always wait and see, unless you can afford the cash.

Yeah, well, in case you forgot, you have 30 days in which to return the thing if it ends up breaking your heart.
    06-18-10 12:19 PM
    Personally i never would buy a phone without using it first, sure you have your 30 days but i dont want to purchase something just to end up possibly taking it back and going through the same process
    06-18-10 12:45 PM
    for me my upgrade won't be before 04/25/2011 so it will have at leasts 6 months of field duty before i will have to buy it myself
    06-18-10 01:13 PM
    I bought the 9000 as soon as I possibly could (the first day), without ever seeing it in real life, and I've been happy ever since. This one would be my first touchscreen phone that I've ever used though, so I'll probably go check it out in-store to make sure it's what I want.
    06-18-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD