Hello, so the new apparent release for the 9800 is in August for Att, which will have a 6 minth exclusive rights to it. I'm wondering if Canada will have a company in August with exclusive rights as well, or will we have to wait the 6months regardless. come one Rogers ! Bring it this summer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 06:28 AM
    The AT&T agreement only affects US sales, not Canada. So hopefuly we will see Rogers roll this out around the same time as AT&T
    06-18-10 09:18 AM
    The AT&T agreement only affects US sales, not Canada. So hopefuly we will see Rogers roll this out around the same time as AT&T
    if not sooner ; > but i guess only time will tell ; >

from my limited blackberry experience the trends seems to be that all the hype comes from the US..

Rogers really doesn't talk too much about it, we just see some leaked pics of the inventory etc..

then all of a sudden.. "it's releasing tomorrow" and Rogers stores are flooded with forum junkies (like myself) trying to buy it..

the 9700 released a few days before anyone in N.A on Rogers.. unless it's cause they rushed it and that's why every rogers store had lack of inventory..
    06-18-10 09:25 AM
    if not sooner ; > but i guess only time will tell ; >

from my limited blackberry experience the trends seems to be that all the hype comes from the US..

Rogers really doesn't talk too much about it, we just see some leaked pics of the inventory etc..

then all of a sudden.. "it's releasing tomorrow" and Rogers stores are flooded with forum junkies (like myself) trying to buy it..

the 9700 released a few days before anyone in N.A on Rogers.. unless it's cause they rushed it and that's why every rogers store had lack of inventory..
    I guess they are getting ready for the 9800, they dropped the price of the 9700.
    Rogers drops BlackBerry Bold 9700 pricing to $99.99 for now | CrackBerry.com
    06-18-10 11:17 AM
    I guess they are getting ready for the 9800, they dropped the price of the 9700.
    Rogers drops BlackBerry Bold 9700 pricing to $99.99 for now | CrackBerry.com
    that's what i was thinking... but never know... ; > trying to get rid of inventory and more people to upgrade ; >
    06-18-10 11:20 AM
    AT&T's deal (which hasn't even been announced, by the way) would only affect the US. When the device finally launches, it would most likely come out in Ontario first, or Canada & the USA at the same time.

Why would they go through the trouble of testing and releasing it somewhere else when they can do all of that in their back yard?
    06-18-10 11:48 AM
    Thats exactly my thoughts too. The 8900 Curve was released in Canada months before anyone saw it in the States. Which I was pretty excited about

I think the same was with the Bold's too...

So maybe we will see this Slider up here in the North by end of July? *wishful thinking I know*
    06-18-10 12:45 PM
    we are suppose to get the new slider by the end of August, rep in quebec told me this
    06-18-10 01:12 PM
    When AT&T got the Bold 9000, Rogers also carried it. I think Rogers actually had it first.
    06-18-10 02:02 PM
    When AT&T got the Bold 9000, Rogers also carried it. I think Rogers actually had it first.
    Makes ense, as Rogers was the ONLY one that could carry it at the time.
    06-18-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD