Each time I reset or restart my Bold, all these service books are put on my phone automatically. Things like Facebook, AccuWeather, TeleNav, Tetris Demo, ToneMaker Demo, A BUNCH of games and other things. They are not installed but they are links that open up my browser to download them. I delete the service books so its goes away, but after i restart, BAM they are all back!!! this never happened before I got a free month of data service from t-mobile. Or is this an automatic when you get a data-plan? How can I stop or block this? AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!
    06-17-10 11:54 PM
    You cannot stop those from appearing. You are correct that they are launchers, not apps. They are pushed by your carrier through service books. Each time you reboot the device they appear, even if you delete the service books.

Since they cannot be deleted, your best way to ignore them would be to create a new folder called "junk" and put all of those launchers you don't want into the junk folder. Then hide the junk folder. Out of sight, out of mind.

It is not a T-Mobile thing. All carriers do that. I have 18 of those stupid launchers in my hidden junk folder, and I have AT&T.
    06-17-10 11:58 PM
    Thanks CB Laura!!! You answered me 100%! I'll be following your advice and making a "Carrier Junk Box" to store all that unwanted crap, I mean junk.
    06-18-10 12:08 AM
    The only drawback is that if you download and install a new theme, you'll have to make a new junk folder and move all that stuff into it again. But if you change themes and even uninstall and then reinstall a theme you have used before, all your settings will be the same, so you only have to do that the very first time you try a new theme.
    06-18-10 01:08 AM
    I was wondering if shrink-an-os or tools like that can remove it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 01:31 AM
    No can do. The only way to actually remove them from your BB is to delete the service books for them. However, each time service books are sent they will reappear. The only answer is to hide them. Fortunately there is a menu option to move to folder, so if you create a junk folder (mines called Hidden) you can pretty quickly move these items out of the way.
    06-18-10 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD