Current OS 5.0.0.681

I try to reboot 4-5 times and get the same result after word "verifying security software" my curve was shutdown.

I try to reinstall OS and downgrade OS to old version but can not help.

But it's can reboot in "save mode" , if I leave BB for 5-10 mins in save mode the screen will shut down but BB still working, it can receive a call in save mode.

This problem should be focus in "software" or "hardware", anyone can tell me?

Thanks
    Titipong
    06-17-10 11:25 PM
    Current OS 5.0.0.681

I try to reboot 4-5 times and get the same result after word "verifying security software" my curve was shutdown.

But it's can reboot in "save mode" , if I leave BB for 5-10 mins in save mode the screen will shut down but BB still working, it can receive a call in save mode.

Thanks
    Titipong
    Sounds like a hardware failure to me. Especially since you have ruled out a software problem by reinstalling the OS. Might want to take your phone into your Carrier's store and see if they can run a diagnostic on it. Maybe they can find out what is causing the problem. However, it sounds like a new device will be your only option.
    06-18-10 01:01 AM
    ็Hello Rcnathan,

Thank you for your opinion.
    06-18-10 01:13 AM
    Current OS 5.0.0.681

Thanks
    Titipong
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is your phone an 8900 or the bold 9000? No matter how close the bold 9000 and 8900 are said to be, you can't install the 8900 os on the bold 9000 and vice versa. If that's not the case, have you tried a full device wipe to a point where the phone say's "error 507 reload software" when the phone starts up? If not try that and then reload the software and hopefully that will work for you. Use a program called BBSAK 1.7 to do the full wipe and reload. After that being said, if it acts up again then you're looking at a hardware related matter which will need you to replace the phone. Hopefully it's still under warranty. Good luck dude.
    06-18-10 06:06 PM
    Sorry, I am not telling you that 8900 is my friend's BB. Anyway, I never see "error 507 reload software" after the phone start up. Last word that I can see is "verifying security software" then the BB was turn off. No chance to look any error message.

I did wiped BB from option in BB, but you recommend to use BBSAK 1.7. I will try to use BBSAK 1.7 and hpoe this will fixed.

Thank you again for your help.
    06-19-10 05:48 AM
    Hello,
    After 8900 stop using and leave till no battery power for 2 days. I plan to use BBSAK to wipe BB as xolarnir advice. Then charge power again yesterday and 8900 come back to normal after reboot.!
    I don't know what happen but thanks again for all information from xolarnir and rcnathan.
    06-19-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD