So I have a huge problem with my phone that makes it impossible to have conversations or hear anyone. I can still text and such and everything else works but I can't use my phone to make calls

Basically whenever I attempt to call someone the phone acts as if I'm inserting a headphones into the jack and taking them out, this process repeats over an over again resulting in me just hearing fractions of words and not being able to understand. Has anyone else had this problem. I have found a way around it which is just plugging in headphones or a headset. It doesn't do it then but this is still annoying to do and would like a way around.

Ps. I tried resetting already...

Thanks in advance!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 11:20 AM
    Sounds like the speaker is going bad. Take it to a repair center and have them look at it.
    06-17-10 11:22 AM
    Try getting a can of compressed air and blowing out the headphone jack. It sounds like something is shorting it out, causing it to intermittently believe that headphones are plugged in. If that doesn't work, take it into your carrier and have them look at it for a possible hardware issue.
    06-17-10 11:23 AM
    I've had my phone past manufacturers warranty..and I didn't got any insurance unfortunately...so I guess ill just try the compressed air technique.

06-17-10 11:28 AM
    Ohhh, always carry insurance on a smart phone especially.
    06-17-10 11:30 AM
    It might be a hardware issue. But updating or reloading the OS is worth a try.
    06-17-10 12:15 PM
    It IS a hardware issue. Happened to me with a 9700. Changed the whole mid plate part.
    06-17-10 03:28 PM
    So I have a huge problem with my phone that makes it impossible to have conversations or hear anyone. I can still text and such and everything else works but I can't use my phone to make calls

Basically whenever I attempt to call someone the phone acts as if I'm inserting a headphones into the jack and taking them out, this process repeats over an over again resulting in me just hearing fractions of words and not being able to understand. Has anyone else had this problem. I have found a way around it which is just plugging in headphones or a headset. It doesn't do it then but this is still annoying to do and would like a way around.

Ps. I tried resetting already...

Thanks in advance!!

06-18-10 01:40 PM

Just getting the hang of this!
    Yes I've had the same problem after using the headphones,taking them out then trying to make a call.
    I turned my berry off,took out the battery,then restarted. Seemed to be ok then.
    Good luck!

06-18-10 01:43 PM
    I had a similar issue with ,y 8520, what i did was stuck the headphones in and transferred the phone to handset mode. then when i took them out i was able to make calls again as the phone directly goes to handset mode. This however was inconvenient for me because as soon as i restarted the phone i was back at square one. What i did was wipe the phone with bbsak and then reloaded my operator os which was 4.6 ,and ever since the problem disappeared.

Good luck
    06-19-10 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD