Hi,
    was wondering has anyone heard that RIMM is going to release a s3? Ive seen pictures of a so called s3 but it was a slider..

I love the surepress technology..hope they never get rid of it.
    also, I got the 32 gig memory card for my s2..will that enable me to run os6 or is will that OS simply NOT run on the s2?
    06-16-10 10:10 PM
    Hi,
    was wondering has anyone heard that RIMM is going to release a s3? Ive seen pictures of a so called s3 but it was a slider..

I love the surepress technology..hope they never get rid of it.
    also, I got the 32 gig memory card for my s2..will that enable me to run os6 or is will that OS simply NOT run on the s2?
    All these questions have been answered a million times before...Try searching next time.

No your 32GB Micro SD card will not help in running OS6. Search the forum and you will find a mountain of information about OS6.
    06-16-10 10:14 PM
    And S3 and the slider for that matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 10:36 PM
    the slider is NOT a storm 3, its the bold line of phones

No one knows much about the S3 but we assume release is around the same as previous years
    06-16-10 10:49 PM
    No one knows what the S3 really looks like unless you work for RIMM and are developing the S3.
    OS are stored on your phone not on the micro sd card
    06-16-10 10:51 PM
    It is believed that a 6.0 lite will be available for 256MB devices like the S2 and the 9700 but we don't know for sure. There is evidence that S2s are currently running 6.0 in testing with RIM beta testers.

06-16-10 10:57 PM
    It's annoying that the OP didn't search before making this thread. We should stop helping those who ask blatant questions that have been answered a hundred times before.
    06-16-10 10:58 PM
    Ok I smell a troll. This same guy has been in the Droid forums asking the same type questions about Droids that have been discussed a thousand times in those forums. He's a troll. Probably Geeker.

06-16-10 10:59 PM
    It is believed that a 6.0 lite will be available for 256MB devices like the S2 and the 9700 but we don't know for sure. There is evidence that S2s are currently running 6.0 in testing with RIM beta testers.

OS6 lite, where is this info coming from, I've seen it mentioned a few times now but I haven't seen anything that makes me think it truly exists and that it is just speculation...
    06-17-10 02:29 AM
    I'm curious why do people get so upset when multiple topics are posted? I know its a nusance, but isn't the internet really big? For years I've wondered why people get so upset. I'm not trying to be smart I'm just wondering that's all.
    06-17-10 02:58 PM
    why are we calling RIM RIMM?

06-17-10 03:20 PM
    RIMM I believe is the NYSE abbreviation.

06-17-10 03:41 PM

yup; u beat me to it.
    06-17-10 03:44 PM
    why are we calling RIM RIMM?

~ I believe the extra "M" represents the extra memmory required to run OS6. ~
    06-17-10 05:39 PM
    ~ I believe the extra "M" represents the extra memmory required to run OS6. ~
    ahh, yess, I thinnk youu arre correcctt!
    06-17-10 05:40 PM
    Ok I smell a troll. This same guy has been in the Droid forums asking the same type questions about Droids that have been discussed a thousand times in those forums. He's a troll. Probably Geeker.

He claimed to have gone through 7 Droids within a very short period of time. And he's also indecisive. Same thing went on in the Pre section.

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.
    06-17-10 05:47 PM
    He claimed to have gone through 7 Droids within a very short period of time. And he's also indecisive. Same thing went on in the Pre section.

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.
    ah, so he goes thru phones like Tiger goes through women...
    06-17-10 05:49 PM

RIMM trades on the NASDAQ, but yes, that is their symbol.
    06-18-10 07:12 PM
    I'm curious why do people get so upset when multiple topics are posted? I know its a nusance, but isn't the internet really big? For years I've wondered why people get so upset. I'm not trying to be smart I'm just wondering that's all.
    I can't speak for everyone; some people seem to be torn between not saying anything which might leave someone in the dark, and explaining something over and over. Good portion of the populace hates repeating themselves. So they say something, but it's not the most pleasant response. Hope that helps.
    06-18-10 07:53 PM

OS6 lite would be nothing more than an OS5.1. I have 94MB free with over 90 apps, themes, games most of which I rarely use. If I dump all but the few worth keeping, I have over 140MB free. If OS6 can't be loaded in what OS5 takes plus another 100MB of memory, they might as well just call it RIM WINDOWS 6
    06-18-10 09:16 PM
    This Forum is for people to ask questions and to get information that is needed. If everyone went to search for every little thing, there would be no need for discussions to happen. Think McFly.......THINK!
    06-18-10 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD