On Saturday June 12, I took my son's Tour (We have 3 in the house, my wife and I have Tours also) to the Verizon Store to have them look at the trackball. The rep didn't have any Tours in the back, so he was supposed to have one sent to us through the mail and it was supposed to arrive today. So when the Fedex truck didn't spawn at my house today, I called in to find out what was going on.

Turns out that there are no Tours in stock in the distribution center and the rep asked if the Bold 9650 was acceptable as a replacement. I was of course, okay with that.

I don't know if the Tour shortage is real, or if Big Red is finally sweeping the Tour out of the door. I know that my house has gone through at least 10 Tours. TEN!

I will post again when the Bold comes in on Friday.

What are your thoughts on this matter? Kinda makes me jealous that my son is getting a better phone and I am not...
    Then again, I think that I need the Bold more than he does. I am going to get him a Kin when his line is up for renewal.
    Last edited by broadwayblues; 06-16-10 at 07:03 PM.
    06-16-10 06:58 PM
    That is strange, I just got a Tour yesterday. I called today and they said that more were coming in this afternoon at 3.
    06-16-10 07:00 PM
    Sounds like a good time to pull the parent card and take that Bold and give the son your Tour.

But yes, many are reporting this shortage, they are probably trying to push the Bold so they can put the Tour issues in the past.
    06-16-10 07:00 PM
    I think that's a good deal, makes me want to bring mine in for a warranty replacement.
    06-16-10 07:08 PM
    That is strange, I just got a Tour yesterday. I called today and they said that more were coming in this afternoon at 3.
    Huh was it a new Tour that you bought or was it a replacement?
    06-16-10 07:14 PM
    There might not be many brand new Tours in stock, you can bet there are a ton of refurbished Tours available. It might be worth a try if you have a problem with your 9630, but Verizon knows that many people will try to pull the replacement card with their Tour.
    06-16-10 07:22 PM
    I can confirm this as the same thing happened to me. My new bold is supposed to be delivered this Friday to replace my Tour with trackball issues.

Nice way to get an upgrade!
    06-16-10 08:23 PM
    I can confirm this as the same thing happened to me. My new bold is supposed to be delivered this Friday to replace my Tour with trackball issues.

Nice way to get an upgrade!
    When did you call in? Did they immediately offer you the 9650?
    06-16-10 08:25 PM
    Sounds great. What Trackball problem did you complain about? just horizontal or another issue?
    06-16-10 08:33 PM
    Wow, I have to say I am quite surprised the VZW did that not once but twice, good cs on their pard, very good!
    06-16-10 08:44 PM
    Please note: If you are having problems with your 9630 call NOW.
    06-16-10 09:38 PM
    check to see how long your replacement phone is under "warranty". Verizon likes to go back to the date you got your original phone. ask me how i know...
    06-16-10 09:44 PM
    check to see how long your replacement phone is under "warranty". Verizon likes to go back to the date you got your original phone. ask me how i know...
    I think the Tours came out in November, so they should all be under warranty huh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 09:59 PM
    My gfs charging port died so we called and she's getting the 9650.
    06-16-10 10:03 PM
    Tour came out in July. It has a one year warranty.
    06-16-10 10:04 PM
    where can you u find the .772?
    06-16-10 10:29 PM
    where can you u find the .772?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...-732-a-483068/
    06-16-10 11:04 PM
    When did you call in? Did they immediately offer you the 9650?
    I originally called in on Tuesday because my 9630's trackball stopped working horizantily and was told that there were no 9630's in stock so I would have to wait a day or so. I called back Wednesday and the CSR was confused because one of his screens showed the replacement 9630's were in stock and another didn't. He put the order in but called me back about an hour later to tell me that I would be getting a 9650 instead of a 9630.

I've received a shipment verification email and my 9650 should be here Friday.
    06-17-10 07:27 AM
    But I wanna know how many times u return your tour to get the bold

Because my first tour got mess up so they just sent me another tour today
    So I wanted to know how many tour it been replace

So I can purposly ruin mines just to get the bold

06-17-10 07:34 AM
    As much as a "free upgrade" like that is nice, I am fine with my Tour running stock OS 4.7. It does everything I need it to. when I am due for a potential upgrade, or when my NE2 comes due, I might consider a Bold at that point, especially considering my Seidio Innocase II and Seidio charging pod will work with the Bold.
    06-17-10 07:45 AM
    So I can purposly ruin mines just to get the bold

they replaced it for you. You're good.
    06-17-10 07:51 AM
    I originally called in on Tuesday because my 9630's trackball stopped working horizantily and was told that there were no 9630's in stock so I would have to wait a day or so. I called back Wednesday and the CSR was confused because one of his screens showed the replacement 9630's were in stock and another didn't. He put the order in but called me back about an hour later to tell me that I would be getting a 9650 instead of a 9630.

I've received a shipment verification email and my 9650 should be here Friday.
    I just tried calling to complain about my horizontal trackball issues. No tour replacements in the system or stores, but the rep said she would call me tomorrow, nothing mentioned about the bold
    06-17-10 08:11 AM
    What?!?! I just called last Wednesday and had to get a replacement... I'm glad I could take the last one for ya!
    06-17-10 08:13 AM
    ok i just called and iam getting mine overnighted and will be here by 3pm friday...first time calling on this....
    06-17-10 08:13 AM
    ok i just called and iam getting mine overnighted and will be here by 3pm friday...first time calling on this....
    I just called as well. They told me the exact same thing, they are experiencing a national shortage of tours and would replace with a bold if I was ok with that. It is being overnighted here FEDEX.
    06-17-10 09:11 AM
2,047 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD