I just received a Freedom key chain gps. I paired it with my 8330 Curve (Verizon ) and went to options.gps.set to Freedom gps 2000. I do not subscribe to VZNavigator so I did not expect it to work using the eternal gps source. Blackberry maps does accept the external gps and works although its directions are poor.
    I had down loaded Nav4All and it does not work with the external gps.
    When I click on GPS information the screen says it cannot find the "internal" GPS.
    Does any one know if Nav4All will work with Verizon's 8330 and if so how do you make it work?

Thanks,
    edr
    07-03-08 07:17 PM
    You have to set the GPS to the external device, then tell Nav4All to use it. Options/Advanced Options/GPS Source: Keychain 2000 GPS. Then set up Nav4All. I don't have it currently installed and can't give specific directions for it. But I have used it and it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 07:28 PM
    Thank you Jeffh! I was able to go to Nav4 settings and have it recognize the external GPS source. Its interesting that I have two cars that have factory blue tooth and the Nav4 program listed them as possible GPS sources. Both of them have naviagation systems. It will be interesting to see if the nav 4 has any different info such as POI's.
    Again, Thanks
    07-03-08 08:37 PM
    I'm using the same setup as you, Freedom 2000 and verizon 8330. I haven't been able to get the sound to work correctly. Anyone with a solution. Everything else works great just a sound issue.
    07-03-08 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD