Has anybody else experience text messages being scrambled into symbols. People are complaining when they received a text message from me that all they are getting are symbols. Not every text is being scrambled, only once in a while. I am on Sprint with a 8830
    06-16-10 09:31 AM
    never had a issue like this before
    06-16-10 10:25 AM
    I had this problem when responding to a mms with text only. I have verizon and my sister has att.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 10:30 AM
    Has anybody else experience text messages being scrambled into symbols. People are complaining when they received a text message from me that all they are getting are symbols. Not every text is being scrambled, only once in a while. I am on Sprint with a 8830
    Look in your SMS settings. You likely somehow managed to set your "data coding" to something other than what it should be, which is ascii.
    06-16-10 11:57 AM
    I had this problem when responding to a mms with text only. I have verizon and my sister has att.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My sister has AT&T also, and I get texts like that all of the time. But just with AT&T.
    06-16-10 05:23 PM
    Hi, since I updated my Blackberry Bold 9650 to OS 6, I have had several recipients on several carriers (Verizon, AT&T, and Nextel) inform me that some of my text messages show up as total gibberish (for example, I'll write "Hey, give me a call," and the message will be delivered as, "z&#hg>,?" etc. I called Tech support and they sent me a replacement device. Once the new Bold arrived, it mandated the software upgrade to OS6, and AGAIN the same problem is happening (recipients are using a Droid and an iPhone, respectively). I have no way of knowing when it's going to happen, and my screen shows a regular text has been delivered. It's maddening! I have done battery pulls, hard reset, device swap, and the problem is still happening. I'm about to switch to a Droid Pro... but I want to just fix my bberry! Can anyone help?
    06-10-11 05:36 PM
    never happened to me
    06-12-11 12:07 AM
    I have AT&T and OS 6. My settings are as follows.

I have not had any issues with scrambled text messages sent to iPhone users or VZW users.

7-bit is ascii. The service center number will be different for VZW.
    06-12-11 12:43 AM
    i had that problem and i have insurance so they gave me a new one.. i would SMS myself..and when it came back it was part words part symbols instead of my original SMS.
    06-13-11 01:15 PM
    Couldn't find a solution, several recipients of my text messages from the REPLACEMENT Bold have told me they're still receiving messages scrambled into symbols, numbers, and characters. I ordered a Droid, instead. Wish I could have fixed this, but I can't let this frustrating situation continue! Damn you, BB OS 6!
    06-17-11 07:38 AM
    I havent had it happen with text, but it has happened a few times when I have sent a reply email to one certain person on another network. I have no idea why.
    06-17-11 11:52 PM
    If you're using OS 6, did you go to Messages > BB Key > Options > Text Messaging > and make sure the coding was set to ASCII and not Latin or UCS2? Some third party apps require UCS2 to get extra smileys in text messages.
    06-21-11 02:45 PM
    I occasionally get scrambled texts on my Gusto 3 (Verizon) from a friend. We can't figure this out. She has a smart phone (don't know brand), and one text will be fine and the next just a bunch of symbols. There seems to be more good texts than scrambled, but I often miss important messages because of this problem. It's not a setting issue that I can tell and the scrambled messages haven't come from any other user out there that I text with. When I forward the scrambled message to another phone, it comes out as scrambled (about the same as what I see on my phone). We tried with and without emoticons and it doesn't make a difference. The mystery continues....
    01-09-16 12:46 PM
    Yes I have
    10-23-16 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD