Who ever design the "Here are the similar threads we found" is awesome!

But anyways, where do get a unlock code? I know I can get one from verizon but I have a storm 2 with no carrier, just a phone with no life. I want to use it on my tmobil phone but I don't want to pay anyone. I can't call verizon because I obviously don't have service with them, so I can't tell them "give me an unlock code or else I will cancel my plan!" lol ";..;"

Is there some sort of key gen you enter in order to get the code?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    06-15-10 08:50 PM
    There are a few providers here in the forums that do unlocking, there is actually a whole section of the forum dedicated to this. Check that out here (http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/)

Most are paid, and personally I would recommend using cellunlocknet, they are VERY fast and uber friendly. They will give you a great experience and help you get the device all unlocked.
    06-15-10 08:53 PM
    thanks but I am looking for how to get the activation key, I'm sure all it is, is a program that has you enter some information about the phone and it generates a key for you.
    There are guys on craigslist who do this
    06-15-10 09:28 PM
    They generate the same code that these unlocking companies do. I dont think there is a program that is available to the general public for this.

If you keep an eye on this thread they often give away unlock codes for free. (http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/pay...thread-347581/)
    06-15-10 09:30 PM
    Who ever design the "Here are the similar threads we found" is awesome!

But anyways, where do get a unlock code? I know I can get one from verizon but I have a storm 2 with no carrier, just a phone with no life. I want to use it on my tmobil phone but I don't want to pay anyone. I can't call verizon because I obviously don't have service with them, so I can't tell them "give me an unlock code or else I will cancel my plan!" lol ";..;"

Is there some sort of key gen you enter in order to get the code?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Verizon would be the only ones or trying one of the many contests on here. Sorry.
    06-16-10 12:26 AM
    Um, look at the post above mine and there is a promo code for 50% off. It makes your unlock $5. I know that's not free, but it's still only $5! And Carrier Unlock is a reputable business...they unlocked my S2 no problem.

Now getting it to work on Tmo might be an entirely different story...
    06-16-10 01:54 AM
    I'm from Malaysia...i bought a Verizon Storm 2, which i am currently using now with a local Telco (DiGi). I've been using it for the last 6 months, and the service was good. However, lately, i have been unable to use the BIS. When i called up the local Telco, they told me that since my BB is phonelocked to Verizon, the connection will be a bit unstable. Can anyone help me? is it beccoz of the CDMA network used in 9550, which is not available in Malaysia???
    07-03-10 12:02 AM
    Nope. Its likely because Verizon finally disable BIS access on their end. Did you buy the phone used? If so, contact the seller to see if you can get them to contact Verizon for you to have them release the PIN. Once that's done, you should be able to set up your PIN number through your provider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 02:04 AM
    Actually, i bought a new phone, fresh out of the box. Although the Verizon simcard is packed together in the box set, i have not used the Verizon sim as I am not a registered user with Verizon. I was informed that the only way Verizon will release the unlock code is if i have been their account user for some time, and my payment has been prompt all this while. However, that SEEMS TO ALSO BE THE PROBLEM for me, as i'm not a registered customer with them!!

Since u mentioned that Verizon has disabled the BIS, how is it that my 9550's connection to BIS is somewhat UNSTABLE?? Meaning to say, for the past 3 weeks, I'm automatically connected to BIS (connected to server, push email etc...) once in a while (which only last for a day or 2) then it reverts back to its unstable mode...(Not connected to BIS server, no push email, no internet streaming, etc...). Whereas i have been using the BIS without interruption for the last six months!!! I doubt it has anything to do with the CDMA network, though...my question is, is my 9550 still locked to Verizon?? And, is it worthy for me to buy an unlock code for my 9550?

thanx...
    07-03-10 06:57 AM
    Please answer the following:-

1. Did you subscribe to BIS bb service data plan?
    2. Did you recently download any new apps?
    3. Did you configure any APN aka TCP/IP?
    4. Did you login your malaysia telco website and register your bb PIN+IMEI?
    5. Did you try to use the verizon SIM card? If you insert the SIM into your storm2, by powering on it might auto register with verizon. The phone is a world phone and it will think you are in roaming mode.

Please kindly answer before I can understand whats wrong and try help u.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-03-10 at 08:04 AM.
    07-03-10 08:00 AM
    Thank you titusilvering for the questions. I'll try to answer as much as i know:

1) I'm subscribed to the local Telco's Unlimited Internet plan, which registers me to the BB internet server
    2) The apps that i've downloaded are all from BB App World. Yes, i've downloaded a few apps recently...
    3) I've configured my APN to diginet, which is my Telco's APN.
    4) the local Telco does not require BB users to register the PIN+IMEI thru their website. Having said that, there isn't any link in the website for me to register my PIN+IMEI either...
    5) I've tried inserting the Verizon sim and power on, but to no avail. There is no network on display, and the phone is only for SOS mode.

Hope i've answered your questions. But i really hope u can help me solve my issue with the Storm 9550.
    07-03-10 08:59 PM
    My question is i have an unlocked 9550 Verizon and when i connect to my desktop manager it shows me updates. If i update it will it lock itself and what are the consequences of the update please clarify me. Thank you
    07-05-10 06:10 AM
    Some say that once unlocked unlocked forever.
    I have had a different experience. When going from 4.7 to 5.0 on my Storm I it locked. I had previously unlocked it using Verizon's codes. Once I did the upgrade it was locked again. YMMV. It may be only from one major OS to the next. I don't know.
    07-05-10 01:47 PM
    2) The apps that i've downloaded are all from BB App World. Yes, i've downloaded a few apps recently...

I need gather more info in this, see my Q below.

3) I've configured my APN to diginet, which is my Telco's APN.
    4) the local Telco does not require BB users to register the PIN+IMEI thru their website. Having said that, there isn't any link in the website for me to register my PIN+IMEI either...

Point 3 and 4 - Yes, I did a check for you. Your telco don't have website to register PIN. They will ask you key in APN config.

5) I've tried inserting the Verizon sim and power on, but to no avail. There is no network on display, and the phone is only for SOS mode.

Its best you don't use that Verizon sim at all.
    May I know what icon you see on your phone? 3G bbdots/GPRS/EDGE/3g/gprs/edge????

Everytime you perform a phone reboot, when the phone reboot successfully, do you receive a message saying bb registion successfully or something like that?

Also what is the settings for your mobile network option? did you select 3G/2G only? or 3G only? or 2G only?? and GSM/UMTS only?

Thanks.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-05-10 at 02:08 PM.
    07-05-10 02:04 PM
    My question is i have an unlocked 9550 Verizon and when i connect to my desktop manager it shows me updates. If i update it will it lock itself and what are the consequences of the update please clarify me. Thank you
    I am using Verizon unlocked on another country GSM. I updated my OS and the phone don't get lock up. Once unlocked, its carrier free.

Some say that once unlocked unlocked forever.
    I have had a different experience. When going from 4.7 to 5.0 on my Storm I it locked. I had previously unlocked it using Verizon's codes. Once I did the upgrade it was locked again. YMMV. It may be only from one major OS to the next. I don't know.
    So did you use back the same unlock code for 4.7 to unlock your 5.0?

I guess that happen cuz the base OS is wipe out. Just like in Windows, when you upgrade from 98>XP.

For the upcoming OS6, I will probably write in to RIM to ask if that will happen and will i need to unlock again. I better go check where I kept my unlock codes wahahaha.
    07-05-10 02:13 PM
    May I know what icon you see on your phone? 3G bbdots/GPRS/EDGE/3g/gprs/edge????

Everytime you perform a phone reboot, when the phone reboot successfully, do you receive a message saying bb registion successfully or something like that?

Also what is the settings for your mobile network option? did you select 3G/2G only? or 3G only? or 2G only?? and GSM/UMTS only?

Thanks.
    Icons?? Except for gprs, I see all the other icons every now n then!! That's why i think it's unstable!!!

Whenever i perform a phone reboot, only sometimes do i get the BB message stating successful registration to the server.

The settings for the mobile network option is GLOBAL (3G/2G)

Thx...
    07-06-10 01:10 AM
    Icons?? Except for gprs, I see all the other icons every now n then!! That's why i think it's unstable!!!

Whenever i perform a phone reboot, only sometimes do i get the BB message stating successful registration to the server.

The settings for the mobile network option is GLOBAL (3G/2G)

Thx...
    Ok, I can't comment much on your telco since Im not using it. Your telco settings or setup is definitely different from mine.

But for mine telco, the following network icons assure me that I am still under the same network for data coverage under my BIS locally/globally.

1. Icon that represent BIS network data coverage:-
    3G bbdots/GPRS/EDGE

2. Icon that represent NO BIS network data coverage:-
    3G/3g/gprs/edge

In the above example. e.g. I am using RIM default apps such as WLMsn/Facebook/BB browser smoothly under EDGE and suddenly if the network switch to edge which is the smaller case, that would mean my phone lost the data capability under BIS coverage. All the sudden my apps can't works anymore as the apps cannot recognize the network.

Whenever i reboot my phone, because of the rebooting duration, I will definitely receive the blackberry message about phone registration to blackberry successfully.

I suspect your telco network is unstable. They BIS setup is not very good with their existing network.

Next time whenever you encounter data error. e.g. can't use RIM default Facebook, you quickly take a look at your phone network icon.

It helps you to understand what network you are using.

In my case, if i see edge icon, I am very sure my facebook will not work. I will need EDGE to work.

Also, all verizon phones if i am correct, they are default locked to carrier verizon only. If you can insert your sim and it works for data etc, then your phone is carrier unlock done.

I ams also using a CDMA verizon storm2. but its carrier unlock so its not the phone problem.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-06-10 at 07:59 AM.
    07-06-10 07:55 AM
    Please answer the following:-

1. Did you subscribe to BIS bb service data plan?
    2. Did you recently download any new apps?
    3. Did you configure any APN aka TCP/IP?
    4. Did you login your malaysia telco website and register your bb PIN+IMEI?
    5. Did you try to use the verizon SIM card? If you insert the SIM into your storm2, by powering on it might auto register with verizon. The phone is a world phone and it will think you are in roaming mode.

Please kindly answer before I can understand whats wrong and try help u.
    hi my bb say's IME check failed when switch on the phone, when try to put the code it doesn;t give the option there to put the code, please help
    07-06-10 09:34 AM
    Hi my BB say's IME check failed when i switch it on, when try to put the code it does't give the option there to put the code, please help
    07-06-10 09:39 AM
    I have similar problem too with Digi. When I called them they said that BlackBerry server of East Asia have installed a new software where this new software van detect whether your phone is local devide or oversea. If oversea then they will try to ban it.
    Actually, i bought a new phone, fresh out of the box. Although the Verizon simcard is packed together in the box set, i have not used the Verizon sim as I am not a registered user with Verizon. I was informed that the only way Verizon will release the unlock code is if i have been their account user for some time, and my payment has been prompt all this while. However, that SEEMS TO ALSO BE THE PROBLEM for me, as i'm not a registered customer with them!!

Since u mentioned that Verizon has disabled the BIS, how is it that my 9550's connection to BIS is somewhat UNSTABLE?? Meaning to say, for the past 3 weeks, I'm automatically connected to BIS (connected to server, push email etc...) once in a while (which only last for a day or 2) then it reverts back to its unstable mode...(Not connected to BIS server, no push email, no internet streaming, etc...). Whereas i have been using the BIS without interruption for the last six months!!! I doubt it has anything to do with the CDMA network, though...my question is, is my 9550 still locked to Verizon?? And, is it worthy for me to buy an unlock code for my 9550?

thanx...
    07-14-10 11:19 PM
    Hi my BB say's IME check failed when i switch it on, when try to put the code it does't give the option there to put the code, please help
    I never get that message before. So thats the very first time you already got that message? Or you ever successfully went into the phone using your sim?

What I suggest is your stop trying enter wrong code from now!!!

Go look for bb phone unlocker online or local store. Seek their advice. I rather you pay few ten dollars to make sure your phone is unlock properly than permanently lock up!!!
    07-15-10 12:52 AM
    I have similar problem too with Digi. When I called them they said that BlackBerry server of East Asia have installed a new software where this new software van detect whether your phone is local devide or oversea. If oversea then they will try to ban it.

So, how to install the software?? I've not been able to use my DiGi Internet Service since 2 weeks ago!!
    07-28-10 11:33 AM
    So, how to install the software?? I've not been able to use my DiGi Internet Service since 2 weeks ago!!
    Btw, what do u mean by "device is local or overseas"?? If Verizon-locked, then how??
    07-28-10 11:46 AM
    So did you use back the same unlock code for 4.7 to unlock your 5.0?

I guess that happen cuz the base OS is wipe out. Just like in Windows, when you upgrade from 98>XP.
    I had upgraded from OS 4.6 to 5.0 on an unlocked 9000 without any issues.
    I've never actually heard of a BB re-locking itself - didn't think it was possible...
    07-28-10 04:13 PM
    I just bought a storm 2 on ebay and unlocked it using bbunlock.com I got my code in about 5 seconds and their site had plenty of detailed instructions. This was the second BB I've unlocked and the price was right on target compared to similar sites.
    07-28-10 09:37 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD