Stopped by Verizon at lunch to look at the new Bold. Nice phone, but this thing is an amped-up and Tour all the way. The track pad is nice and things run much smoother than on my Tour. Can't help but think this is what the Tour could have been with more foresight from RIM and Verizon.

I'm sitting this upgrade out. I see no reason to reward the release of the slip-shod Tour by rushing out to get the corrected version in the Bold. Verizon ought to offer Tour owners a $50 upgrade. Just not worth it otherwise and yes I know I'm dreaming.

Wonder what the new Droids will look like? The Tour debacle might just send me their way....
    06-15-10 05:15 PM
    Would I like a bold, yeah. Is my tour fine and working for me right now, yeah.

Don't think they owe us anything even if there is something else right behind it, we are the ones that bought it.
    06-15-10 07:02 PM
    True. Just that one works and the other stumbled out of the box! On a positive note, the lastest OS from Big Red seems to be working fairly decent. Finally, just shy of ONE YEAR later.

Nice
    06-15-10 07:02 PM
    Nobody owes us anything....I agree with this statement. It would be nice if they would take this step as a show of good faith and good customer service.
    06-15-10 07:07 PM
    Nobody owes us anything....I agree with this statement. It would be nice if they would take this step as a show of good faith and good customer service.
    Well that would be nice!
    06-15-10 07:17 PM
    Overall, I loved the Bold when I checked it out at Verizon.
    However, there were 2 Bolds out both having the same problems.

-The trackpads were pushed in more on one side.
    -The trackpads were crooked
    -The place where the Call, Call End, Menu and Return key were was pushed up a little.

Can anyone confirm if this is for all the bolds or the ones I saw were mistreated?
    06-15-10 07:23 PM
    I bought the Tour on day one last July. Do I regret it? No...mostly because it was an upgrade from the Storm1 lol. But the quality to which the Tour was made was very very disappointing. And the leaked photo of the "Essex" or now Bold 9650 came out like two months after the Tour was released. RIM should have named the Tour the Bold in the first place and shoved wifi and a trackpad on it. They had the tech a year ago.
    06-15-10 07:41 PM
    Overall, I loved the Bold when I checked it out at Verizon.
    However, there were 2 Bolds out both having the same problems.

-The trackpads were pushed in more on one side.
    -The trackpads were crooked
    -The place where the Call, Call End, Menu and Return key were was pushed up a little.

Can anyone confirm if this is for all the bolds or the ones I saw were mistreated?
    Nope, my track pad & buttons are all fine and flushed.
    06-15-10 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD